It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you found out you are a clone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I already see clones, they are musicians and actors/actresses in Hollywood.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I already see clones, they are musicians and actors/actresses in Hollywood.

No, that's clowns.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No brainer....

I immediately go in search of my other clones to kill them because only one of me can rule the world

There can be only one!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just found out that I just dreamed up this unbelievable total immersion holographic, computer game and I'm stuck inside the game and I realize this and forgot how to get back. Kafkaesque.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: saiyankev
If you found out you are a clone, how would you react? What would you do? You lived your whole life only to find out you are not the original... Your memories of how you grew up is all yours.. not the original, you actually did live those days... But you now find out you are not the original you... How would you react? ... Continue living how you kept living with just a little extra infomation or... What?

Bonus question... What if instead finding out you are.a clone, you found out you HAVE a clone somewhere, what would you do about it?

I would clone more and take over this world. I wouldn't care if I was the original or not. It would be irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why should it alter a thing my ego is intact?

I am FINE with there being another me,I hope the poor bastard has better luck...
Hell of a show by the way..www.bbcamerica.com...
edit on 25-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'd find the original me and have sex with myself.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
No brainer....

I immediately go in search of my other clones to kill them because only one of me can rule the world

There can be only one!

Make love, not war

See my above post if further clarification is required.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

According to The Principle of Mediocrity
we functionally ARE all clones; and this is a highly credible position to take by a very
credible Ph.D.

I'm fine with the idea; it's actually a very useful tool to
'get over yourself'.

What do I do about it?

I tell others that they almost certainly have a 'clone too'
and that they aren't the center of the universe any more
than I am -- nobody is. Even the concept of death
becomes unnecessary.

;-)

Kev

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Cloning in science fiction runs on a couple assumptions:
1) It's effective at reproducing some qualities
2) It doesn't work for one reason or another

Who's to say when we finally have the technology to easily clone people that we won't also have a way to easily produce intelligent creative people without the need to reproduce their dna exactly?

If cloning works short-term and long-term then it'll be used again and again and eventually be accepted, but only if it's more effective than other methods at increasing the survival of our species.

I believe in the long-run what WORKS is what'll happen. We can speculate now what we think will work, but we don't know. Only when cloning is easy to do and can be comparable can we know. Unfortunately, comparing it to other options might amount to a lot of troubles. And yet the same holds true for almost every avenue of science. It's hard won.
edit on 25-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

At least when some one tells you to ,THEN you could say ypu already have...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

If you found out you are a clone, how would you react? What would you do? You lived your whole life only to find out you are not the original... Your memories of how you grew up is all yours.. not the original, you actually did live those days... But you now find out you are not the original you... How would you react? ... Continue living how you kept living with just a little extra infomation or... What?

Bonus question... What if instead finding out you are.a clone, you found out you HAVE a clone somewhere, what would you do about it?

This is a very interesting topic to me. I've been tested by FamilyTreeDNA and allowed them to store my DNA for 25 years. That was back in 2003 when I first tested. I often wonder about my DNA and how it may be used.

Since then I came to the conclusion of, "oh what the hell does it matter?". Especially, since I just recently gave blood samples to the PGP (Personal Genome Project). I don't really care I guess. Right now, I'm having my entire genome sequenced for free by Harvard University (PGP).

Maybe, one day I will regret it. However, after the initial DNA offering from 2003 with FamilyTreeDNA.com (which I totally did not understand the contract and use of my DNA), I figured it was already too late for privacy as I didn't understand the rules entirely. As a matter of fact, my DNA was used as the beginnings of an entirely new mtDNA Haplotree and was published. I have been assigned an NCBI number of JQ701962, here's the results:

Homosapiens Clone 10543

I don't mind one way or the other. Hell, if clones are made of me or if I am a clone...then it's for the betterment of mankind. I'm an awesome human being and quite resilient as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocketgirl
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I just read the summary of that movie and it reminds me of movie called "The Island".

I can actually image clones being created for that purpose. I mean there's no better match then yourself. If I was a clone, I wouldn't want to be force to give up my organs like that.

I own the movie and it's in my top all time favorite sci-fi's ..

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

this begs the question....

why even clone at all in the face of overpopulation ??

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

interesting that you should ask these questions, they are the very same ones I've haven't answered yet nor, have gotten an answer for ..

Personally, there is secret human cloning going on underground...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I'd have to record it on vid, so when someone tells me, I can show proof!!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What if we are replaced by clones on a daily basis. . . . .

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would take a long look in the mirror and quietly ask myself, "Who in their right mind would want two of these things running around?" LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Interesting hypothetical... and in this world, I'd guess this question is more than hypothetical. We've been told about this tech for years and the only thing stopping human cloning is a few laws... I sincerely doubt that would deter all investigation into cloning.

Now, what if I were a clone? I'd be interested in the nurture vs nature questions... comparing us would be interesting. If we were clones of the opposite sex, then I'd finally have a compatible companion... heh.

Wouldn't it be amusing if two clones (of either sex) didn't get along with, or weren't attracted to, the other? But then, as familiarity breeds contempt, or at least non-sexual feelings most of the time, it would be expected. Hating oneself is pretty common for humans... sadly.

But I might actually have a clone... there was a period of time when people asked me why I ignored them and other odd things I had no idea about in places I hadn't been... and then I saw a guy driving into my neighborhood that was a perfect copy of me... or as perfect as could be seen from several meters away ...and even the car he was driving was my own uncommon model and the shirt was one I owned but wasn't wearing... so that was odd.

What is the nature of individuality and is it an illusion?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If I created my clone and raised him as my child, loved him, and cared for him, I would pour my knowledge into him, let him form his own relationships, and thoughts. I would teach him how I erred in my life so he can chose to avoid my pitfalls. I would run this simulation over and over until I settled on a version I liked best. Then I would permanently delete any files or links to the outcomes I rejected. I would then instruct MI 2.0 to over right my files and take over my storage space, processing power, and network bandwidth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join