It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lack of support for NLBS (ATS)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
It seems to me that NLBS is not getting adequate support. The last video (EMF Sensitivity) as of now only has 376 views. I do not always agree with NLBS's views on topics, but I click on the link to at least give them the view credit. Giving NLBS view credits is the same as giving ATS view credit (it helps fund the site). If you don't agree with their views then debate them on the ATS forum.
I have seen a lot of comments and threads about the dislike of the paypal link (for donations), but if all 300K supported NLBS it would help greatly.

Anyway, this is just an observation of mine. From one member to another watch the NLBS videos and post links on facebook.

Maybe it's NLBS that has a problem an not the membership?

If the views are so low then they have to step up their game IMO. Same as a restaurant. If the menu isn't selling, change it.

Personally, I support the effort but it's getting rather old with the BS meter and being all over the site etc. I have become numb.

They have a captive audience so they should capitalize on it because a restaurant would kill for the exposure they are getting as would many YT channels.

Was the membership ever polled as to what THEY want to see? Like Market Research?

Peace

edit on 23-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

It seems to me that NLBS is not getting adequate support. ...

User generated content.

Joe is a member of ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

It seems to me that NLBS is not getting adequate support. The last video (EMF Sensitivity) as of now only has 376 views. I do not always agree with NLBS's views on topics, but I click on the link to at least give them the view credit. Giving NLBS view credits is the same as giving ATS view credit (it helps fund the site). If you don't agree with their views then debate them on the ATS forum.
I have seen a lot of comments and threads about the dislike of the paypal link (for donations), but if all 300K supported NLBS it would help greatly.

Anyway, this is just an observation of mine. From one member to another watch the NLBS videos and post links on facebook.

If the views are so low then they have to step up their game IMO. Same as a restaurant. If the menu isn't selling, change it.

Personally, I support the effort but it's getting rather old with the BS meter and being all over the site etc. I have become numb.

They have a captive audience. Use it.

Peace

what I'm saying is ATS can work on a solution with its members, but in the meanwhile the members need to support ATS by watching NLBS videos.
edit on 23-1-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

He may be but how many members have their own video series advertised on the site? There's a difference between a member who posts a thread and a member who has an advertised youtube channel. Again their decision, I like the site but I don't pay much attention to the NLBS series.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The truth is I don't like NLBS. The format comes off as abrasive, I rarely agree with the points being made and it is a waste of my time. If you are concerned that it doesn't get enough views then feel free to watch it an extra time for me. I won't be tuning it anytime soon.
edit on 2015/1/23 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

ATS basically gave several radio shows to a group of members who wanted to have their own shows. ATS paid for, coached, and promoted those shows.

Sadly the people doing the shows had some sort of fallout and left.

But the point is that if you or any other member were to produce a Youtube show that fit into the ATS scheme of things, and contacted SkepticOverlord and Springer about it - they'd likely push it as well. Neformore often features members music during his shows.

In fact a few years back I was approached about doing a video show and said "Yeah, you may not be able to tell by my typing, but I'm not altogether photogenic..." and took a pass. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I really wish the radio shows would come back.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing and listening to them.

As to NLBS, what exactly do we need to do in order to support the videos?

Does it really matter if it is watched on ATS or in order for it to count as in helping out, do you have to go onto another site?
I've shared a few NLBS vids on my FB, does this help too?

I guess I am confused on what exactly helps and what doesn't.

NLBS has my support as far as if I got to follow a link in order to help with funding, that is not a big deal at all.

I'm pretty sure that NLBS will hit on a subject eventually that will draw a lot more than mainly ATS supporters,
just have to find the magic bullet topic.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

lack of support for NLBS (ATS)

I watch NLBS all the time but the radio shows I can and usually do ignore. They need to do something about that horrible sound quality on those shows!

edit on 23-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Joe is a member of ATS.

Was he a member before the show started?
Was he active, what was his username?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I work from home, but even still during the workweek I don't have time to watch videos.

Also, I just enjoy reading and responding, more than watching. I can take five minutes during the day and catch up on a thread I have been following...not so much with videos.

From a business perspective, you can't be all things to all people. Perhaps if NLBS spent more time on niche issues and fewer subjects, and really hooked people with one unbelievably cool story it would develop a loyal following.

It probably has already been explored, but just a thought from a fellow business owner.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

i enjoy the NLBS videos.
i miss the johnny anonymous videos too.

come back johnny!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

They have a captive audience. Use it.

Peace

what I'm saying is ATS can work on a solution with its members, but in the meanwhile the members need to support ATS by watching NLBS videos.
Is it not enough that we watch ads in every spare inch of every page?
I remember years ago when being a member meant you saw less ads.
What I don't understand is how this place can't be making a decent profit without begging the members for money.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They get plenty of support by me.

Some intentional.

Most of it not.

I won't watch their videos "just because" though. No matter how much that offends you. Just like I don't star and flag every post and comment.

Or read every post and comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
To me it matters not whether someone is a member here. It is content I look for, and some of us have short attention spans for youtube videos. My own Personal opinion, and this is only my personal opinion, is that there are others already doing what NLBS does and doing it a lot better. Here on ATS the format is communication, a 2-way street. Discussions. The front page when you load here is lessened by the appearance of NLBS. I think higher of the ATS website and in my eyes it's standards were lowered just a teeny bit when it started promoting NLBS. I was wondering if this was a lucrative ad contract or what exactly is it. It is possible that I am wrong and that several years from now NLBS will have gained in experience and standing.

Just my opinion guys, and only mentioning it because of the topic.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
NLBS comes across as another "Things they don't want you to know" short video thing. I understand what they are doing and believe it has appeal to a broad public that isn't well versed in the topic. However many ATS users have a fairly in depth understanding of the topics they speak on. The short video 'hit' doesn't provide indepth info that the ATS user wants. They want a pro and contra battle on the topic...not a sermon on 'the way it is'. MOST of all they want to speak out on the topic!

Honestly, did they expect much when pumping out a video titled, "I Need a Cleanse". What a stupid turd that was. If they think topics like that are going to generate ATS interest then they don't really know ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not a fan. I don't find the topics particularly well sourced or researched or presented in an interesting, multimedia way. And aside from all the swearing, which to me seems like it's just there for shock value or something. And at times, and I can't really put my finger on exactly why, it seems like an almost anti-conspiracy thang than something I'd expect to find on ATS. On top of that, it really isn't a springboard for or seem open to discussion. Just the vibes I get from it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I am on my phone. I don't click on every video, hardly any really.

I do take a look at some of the threads, and quite personally, the topics are bland.

Just not my style, nothing personal.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I quite like NLBS as it happens. I often comment on NLBS threads, and even wrote a poem about one of the topics covered during a recent episode!

I think this is partly a case of different strokes for different folks, and partly a matter of the youtube views not necessarily being a reliable measure of how many people an NLBS video has actually reached globally. With regard to the show itself, I personally rate it very highly. It is an awful lot better than watching the BBC news, I will say that for it. The things I like about it include how well put together the format is, how much digging around goes on behind the scenes to make the episode as information dense as possible given the length of the show, and that it promotes a lively discussion of the issues!

It also means that every now and again, someone who knows nothing about what is happening and why, might just see an epidode and understand something differently, perhaps better than they did before.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i mean, just look at their adds on the side of your screen. reptoid humans? someone has (had?) more money than sense, and was trying to make one mans delusion of being a celebrity a reality. rubbish content equals no views.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Have you seen the video which carried that heading?

No? Because if you had, you would realise that the video points out exactly why all the reptilian BS is just that, BS.

Uninformed about the nature of the content = invalid conclusion about the quality of the content.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join