It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Happy Where You Are

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Definitions of "well-being" can vary, happiness is one of them, so is "content" or "secure" or even "purposeful" - these are positive definitions and it can be safely assumed that they are of benefit to the individual.

According to what you are saying, despite having obtained what you have defined as personally beneficial, there will always be "calamity".

I believe this "calamity" to be the unexpected - you might have studied well for a test however due to a malfunction your car could not start, so you missed the test and failed...

Such a thing is practically impossible to avoid, however, if you were to look back upon your past, rule out all unexpected events then perhaps you did lead a very positive life, and this is owing to your efforts.

If you were able to compute your memories as such and ascertain a timeline free of calamity, perhaps you would gain self-esteem by the acknowledgement that you do lead a happy life and also that the unexpected will always be a reality and thus if it cannot be altered, must simply factor into the environment as opposed to being an outcome of your actions.
edit on 13-10-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
If you were able to compute your memories as such and ascertain a timeline free of calamity, perhaps you would gain self-esteem by the acknowledgement that you do lead a happy life and also that the unexpected will always be a reality and thus if it cannot be altered, must simply factor into the environment as opposed to being an outcome of your actions.

Life is harsh for some because some of us, myself included, have made it so. We can make life easier for those people, use and develop our skills and compassion, to learn how to empathise with those at the extremes of human experience, for one reason or another.

It is all about the love though, and the giggles. Getting through the tough times together, laughing and learning together. That's what I am learning anyway. That and trying my hand at trust perhaps, realising I am taking on too much responsibility when I do not need to.

As a very wise man said, we need to build better communities, I agree that that is first and foremost. And that means more of us not going straight for the controls when we set our sights on them, before everyone is on board, and helping, rather than judging, those that fail. That same wise man said something about failure in a safe environment, couldn't agree more.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I committed to taking care of a vegetative mother, with a father I had an unpleasant history with. I gave up my job, my independence, my social life, my privacy. It was very hard. I found joy and laughter feeding birds and watching them. I found escape in library books on travel. Little things are what make us happy, go and find joy in them for yourself.

Thoughts ATS?

Thoughts? Yea this sounds like someone that woke up in the funny farm and realized they couldn't do anything about it.

What would make me happy is watching the towers and castles of subjugation burn. Ill take a packed lunch to the park and feed the pigeons while breathing deeply if the smoke filled air.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Thoughts? Yea this sounds like someone that woke up in the funny farm and realized they couldn't do anything about it.

What would make me happy is watching the towers and castles of subjugation burn. Ill take a packed lunch to the park and feed the pigeons while breathing deeply if the smoke filled air.

So, for you, it is all just a spectator sport? The good, the bad but especially the ugly?

It is my understanding that those that burn or tear down the establishment, in the literal sense, become even greater tyrants themselves, the oppressed becomes the oppressor.

I'm somewhat bored with that particular paradigm.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

as per usual your insight is inspiring, your aphorisms shoul be bound an published.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

d/p

edit on 23-10-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

silver spoon? you obviously didnt comprehend the op in your misery

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

sure we are talking about life here, you may see it as all dark. If I allow myself I too can
descend back into the darkness again. I have known despair. I try to live life simply
one day at a time. Why do you insist that us backsleppers conform to your mindset?
Do you aspire to be the slave trader of misery?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join