It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has ATS Done for You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Here I have logged back into my account after lapsing for a year plus or so, I begin to wonder what has ATS done for me, what have I learned? I have learned that all the conspiracies and all of the rumors and fear mongering are just fantasies and they have done me nothing. I have learned that the far right Republican is as ignorant as I have always believed by replacing fact with opinion for truth. I have also learned that this site has been a waste of time to me and I plan on using it only vent my frustrations.

I have learned that in the pursuit of denying ignorance, that embracing ignorance is and always has been the only answer.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What Has ATS Done for You?

Made me slightly paranoid, a bit more jaded, taught me Americans who love their guns REALLY love their guns and provided hours of entertainment and distraction along other lines while doing so.
And you know what? Ive loved every minute of it

VIVA LA ATS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
it is the smartest forum on the internet !

edit on 19-1-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I got my house back, my dog back, my truck back. It was amazing!

No seriously, it is entertaining and there is a great group of debunkers here, a wealth of knowledge and a good collection of bs busting news.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I have learned that the far right Republican is as ignorant as I have always believed by replacing fact with opinion for truth.

You haven't been here long enough if you haven't figured out their both the same people.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'll bite. I enjoy the ancient civilization, science, space and fragile earth forums. Always something new to learn. And good group of various background members.
Sounds like someone peed in your Cheerios today.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ATS gave me a good back-scratchin'. But can she cook?
Ask not what ATS has done for you. Ask what have you done for ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

ATS has helped me become a better writer and a more effective communicator. It helps me articulate my thoughts more efficiently and has helped me learn to rationalize my emotions, specifically when engaging in a rousing debate or heated discussion. I have enjoyed this site since I found it and even more so since joining.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

ATS taught me that free speech is still alive and well, and there are still forums where people can feel free to cut loose and share ideas that others would call crazy and find open minded responses from all kinds of people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

ATS taught me that free speech is still alive and well, and there are still forums where people can feel free to cut loose and share ideas that others would call crazy and find open minded responses from all kinds of people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Funny, because this is where I come to get as close to the truth on an issue. There are usually some very smart and talented people who will come along and provide the evidence required to vet a post. Just ask poor old Bernie.

edit on 20-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: of typos.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I have learned that the far right Republican is as ignorant as I have always believed by replacing fact with opinion for truth.

First off, this applies to ALL politicians, not just the one

Really, when it comes to dishing out BS, BOTH parties excel in this category!!!!
Ah heck, might as well throw in the MSM while your at it too

What has ATS done for me?..................A lot

It has taught me to make my comments count and not ramble on
(short and sweet)

Learned how to debate without losing my cool or offending anyone
(although people can misconstrue ones words and get it all turned around)

This sounds silly, but it has taught the use of 'coding' and how to work it
(most of it, not all)

And not sure if it's because of ATS but indirectly it is, but I have made many friends here that is like my 'virtual' family

Oh, and it keeps me up on the latest news that you may not see on certain news channels
Plus other odd but interesting stories as well...

Guess that's enough for now

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's given me the opportunity to play devil's advocate whenever I want to. Bwahahaha!!!!

I like it here. We beat each other up a lot, but then we share bandaids. I really appreciate the unexpected levity in even the most serious threads.

I'm more paranoid, but I'm more informed. And I'm not alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It sounds like you're having fun gloating in negativity as this is your second such thread tonight, OP.

As for me, I get what I put into it. Overall the experience continues to be mostly a positive one.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's been an amazing way to share all my crazy ideas! It's also, as the OP mentioned, has showed me how crazy right wingers and Christians can be... They will believe anything they get to be mad about.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

And when you die, and when you're gone, they'll be one new member, to carry on.
It's not for everybody.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I use this site to keep informed and engaged in current events because I don't watch the news.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Classified : Need to know only

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Classified : Need to know only

You have already said too much....Quick, activate protocol alpha blue alpha

edit on 20-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
ATS has made me learn how to copy and paste . ATS has guided me into highlighting words and let google do the searching . ATS taught me it wasn't about redbull giving you wings . Ats saves me looking on the internet news channels before going to work as most of the breaking news there was on here hours before . But most of all ATS has opened my eyes to other people views of the world . The amount of knowledge here is awesome .

Also auto spell keeps reminding me until only has one L .
edit on 20-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join