It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Files reboot incoming!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very awesome! Now if CBS would get cracking on those rumored Star Trek series, I'd have an entertainment slam-dunk!

originally posted by: makemap
Why are you guys so happy? Its gonna be full of Illuminati BS. American media is already dead. Only thing left is the internet.

Because it's not boring, duh. Sorry your idea of entertainment is so vanilla?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The "brain surgeons" who ruined most of entertainment will Kill the New X-files. How do you expect people to watch a show about the paranormal when the power elite spent most of the last decade gangstalking people who have interest in the paranormal? hmm?

Yea, it's going to be like watch the show and prepare to be monitored and gangstalked.

So please leave X-files alone, you've turned movies, music, visual art, talk radio, and the written word into stale, derivative, bland, uninspired, gangstalking propaganda pieces. The only people who support the current state of the media are paid agents.

Good Luck Mulder, it looks as if the cigarette smoking man and his power elite buddies have won, you will be just another piece in their plans for global domination.
edit on 18-1-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If their current batch of TV shows were so entertaining they wouldn't have to revamp a 20 yr old show. I shudder to think what will happen when the current batch of producers and writers get a hold of the show.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
The "brain surgeons" who ruined most of entertainment will Kill the New X-files. How do you expect people to watch a show about the paranormal when the power elite spent most of the last decade gangstalking people who have interest in the paranormal? hmm?

Yea, it's going to be like watch the show and prepare to be monitored and gangstalked.

So please leave X-files alone, you've turned movies, music, visual art, talk radio, and the written word into stale, derivative, bland, uninspired, gangstalking propaganda pieces. The only people who support the current state of the media are paid agents.

Good Luck Mulder, it looks as if the cigarette smoking man and his power elite buddies have won, you will be just another piece in their plans for global domination.

Wow......that is an interesting take on T.V.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Deadwood was one of the best television series ever. I hate it when they abruptly shut them down... at least finish them off with a movie.

As for a reboot of the X-files, Im not sure what to think. I was a huge fan back in the day and although the movie was good I felt they could have done so much more. Id much rather they use the opportunity to "Pass the torch" and fire up another series. There was the potential to NEVER run out of story lines with a series.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tybrus
a reply to: Brotherman

Deadwood was one of the best television series ever. I hate it when they abruptly shut them down... at least finish them off with a movie.

Prior to Breaking Bad , Deadwood was the best thing I have ever watched..

The original story line was 4 season arc which due to production costs they canceled after the 3 season. At that time I think I remember reading that it had the highest per episode production costs of any show in history.

Anyway..HBO did a great book for Deadwood...They basically broke it up to the historical figures compared to the TV version including showing any pics of all the characters from the real Deadwood.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm very excited to hear this news... I always thought since 9/11 there has been a lot of new material that they could make into a new series or bring back the X-Files.... I think they could probably bring back Millennium for a couple of seasons too... The first two years of that show were absolutely awesome....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Has the world ran out of new material that everything is being remade or rebooted. wtf

I love the x-files and all but does it really need to be rebooted

Hell, even The Odd Couple is being rebooted, lol, why shouldn't the X-files? I wish they used new charachters however, they could still incorporate the old with new but, to just start new with the the old Mulder and Scully seems a bit lame.

IMHO I think it will have a lot to do with new conspiracies and will likely dive into terrorism and religious extremism, knowing FOX.

If only they could bring Seinfeld back, though that series could never be replaced.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is because of 'spooky' I even came to ATS.

Second.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I thought David and Gillian hated each other. I guess money conquers all.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Wow... that is good news. With enough budget and good scripts each episode can be a gem... the special effects are awesome nowadays. Can't wait !!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very interesting!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very interesting!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To be honest I thought that's basically what fringe was lol I've not finished watching fring yet I'm on season 4 so no spoilers plz haha

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I hope they dont start the show on a friday...worked with grimm but dont know about this one...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blufo

The X files originally aired on Fridays. But I hear ya

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Some additional news.

Looks like if they do it this will be closer to how 24 returned last year for a limited run to close out multiple story lines.

horrordomain.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Very excited.

X-file promoted thought. It gave you just enough to think and formulated your own opinions. Very few episodes ever gave a solid "this is exactly what it is and what is going on."

My husband never saw the X-files, so about a month ago we started watching them from the beginning. I had to warn him ahead of time the how the show ended leaving us with a lot of unanswered questions and how the 2nd movie (I personally loved it just because!) bombed.

In my opinion, this totally calls for a celebration.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As of today Fox has confirmed it.

6 episode mini-event to clear up all the story lines.
Mulder , Scully and Chris Carter are all lined up.

comicbook.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join