It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Shots fired at Melbourne Square Mall.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Very poor form indeed.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
News story: Shots Fired,FL Mall

Melbourne Mayor Kathy Meehan told Florida Today the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute between a woman who worked in the Melbourne Square Mall food court and the woman's husband.

She said the man had a gun and shot his wife. A co-worker of the woman then tried to get the gun away from the husband and was shot in the struggle and died. The mayor said the husband than apparently shot himself.

At a Saturday afternoon press conference Melbourne police said the husband, identified as Jose Garcia Rodriguez, died at the hospital of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was in possession of three handguns and was carrying rounds of ammunition in his pockets.

Police said the man's wife Ida Garcia was his intended target. She was in good condition at Holmes Regional Medical Center in downtown Melbourne. She was cooperating with detectives.

Garcia's co-worker who was killed was not immediately identified.

So the deaths are the gunman and the co-worker.

The wife, his intended target is in good condition.

I've got 3 daughters that live in that area.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I lived in Palm Bay for 11 years,
I just hope the gunman wasn't the same Jose I worked with years ago...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: PFIscott

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I think it's pretty amazing that ats scooped all of the local news I read. Not that we have great local news in Brevard County, but I also get alerts from the emergency ops center and they sent nothing.

Sadly it was a matter or time. There are shootings and violence in most of the counties around us constantly.

That happens every day.

This is the main reason I am on ATS. To get tomorrow's news today

edit on 17-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Absolutely unreal how many people said they live in brevard here. Longtime lurker also and it blew my mind to see this posted. I live in Melbourne. Small world!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
thanks eriktheawful for your informative post! sucks that the one person who was brave enough to help had to pass away. im just glad this didnt turn into a shooting spree.

i went to the flea market yesterday about an hour after this all went down....
....definetly made me think about my surroundings a lot more....

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No offense, but if we reported every shots-fired or shooting in the U.S, would there even be enough room on the ATS servers for all the stories?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
No offense, but if we reported every shots-fired or shooting in the U.S, would there even be enough room on the ATS servers for all the stories?

i know what you mean.

however, at the time i posted this it was a developing story and could possibly have been much worse. thank god it wasnt.

as a member of ATS i felt it was my duty to report the story here right away. ATS is full of like minded individuals devoted to the truth.

ATS has also been known for capturing inconsistencies in news stories, and even different "official" versions of news stories thanks to threads like these that report a possible conspiracy type situation asap.

thankfully this didnt turn into a large shooting and that was not the case here.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I understand and really didn't mean any offense. We never know at the beginning of something how big it might become. I was just having a "moment."

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PFIscott

Police said the shooter has been contained and the mall has been temporarily closed.It is not known how many people were shot and the extent of injuries.No other details are known at this time.

Police: Shots fired at Melbourne Square Mall.

crazy, i only know because i live in melbourne and my friend called me and told me what happened. according to the people who were in the courtyard of the mall at the time when a man went into the bathroom and killed his ex wife.
apparently immediately after that he went into the courtyard and emptied an estimated two clips.
thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
ill be watching this closely. sorry for the poor post, im on my phone.

Malls are still open this late on Sundays?
Does his wife work in one of the mall stores?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

this happened yesterday, the morning of sat. jan 17

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

We have an entire culture of people treating each other like # in the US so no surprise.

Get over your abject materialism and social bias and start understanding other people and these problems will go away.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thought this was in Melbourne Australia until i went to the source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join