It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing POW's Of WWII, Held By The Soviets !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I never knew where this belonged so under general it goes.

I never new about this, what led me to this was that Patton might have been killed because he was very aggressively trying to get these POW's back, and they were worried about him starting a war with the Soviets. It's a long time ago, but it's hard to believe that some Americans POW's died in labor camps in the Soviet Union after WW2.

Here is the link MIssing POW's of WW2

Very interesting especially the comments by those that escaped from the Russians, because they never trusted them.
This is completely blotted out of history for some reason, I enjoyed studying WW2 history and never heard of this until now.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

There have been stories about this topic before, but the numbers are far smaller - articles.baltimoresun.com...
As for Patton's death, that's BillO territory - crooksandliars.com... - and BillO is a bloviating moron with delusions of adequacy.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That link is interesting, under Yeltsin they admitted it.
Also the Patton issue is another topic, he was recovering nicely from a car accident then he suddenly dies.
I guess it could happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

That link is interesting, under Yeltsin they admitted it.
Also the Patton issue is another topic, he was recovering nicely from a car accident then he suddenly dies.
I guess it could happen.

I'm afraid that Patton wasn't 'recovering nicely' - he had a broken neck and was paralyzed from the neck down after that car crash (he was the only man in the car who was seriously injured after not being able to brace in time) and he died from a combination of congestive heart failure and a pulmonary oedema.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

A lot is well known of certains Nazi camps though not as much about the Russian camps.

An ex of mine's parents were Polish born, one of them was in a renowned Nazi camp, then a Russian gulag, a Russian labour camp, then shipped off to India before eventually getting to the UK.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

So says the Official Story.

Military historian Robert Wilcox claims that OSS head General "Wild Bill" Donovan ordered a highly decorated marksman called Douglas Bazata to silence Patton. I have his book, Target Patton: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton, on my bookshelf but have not had chance to read it yet.

I think today might be the day.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Chilling reading there Blue_Jay33 i have heard snippits about this over the years thank you for the link

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've also heard of U.S. citizens of German decent went back and fought for Germany. That could also account for some of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
I've also heard of U.S. citizens of German decent went back and fought for Germany. That could also account for some of them.

Easily.

Google camp Siegfried in Long Island, NY.

There was disturbing levels of pro-nazi sentiment around then.
Here at home.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

There have been stories about this topic before, but the numbers are far smaller - articles.baltimoresun.com...
As for Patton's death, that's BillO territory - crooksandliars.com... - and BillO is a bloviating moron with delusions of adequacy.

Patton absolutely WAS killed by the NKVD. He seemed to be the only one who identified the Soviets as the threat they really were, and he was immensely angered by US and UK leaders handing all of eastern Europe to Stalin.

He already had batallions ready to roll on the Red Army and had predicted he could deliver a decisive victory over the Soviets in Berlin in only 6days because they had no proper supply chain behind them from Russia. He was right and if anyone had truly cared about justice, they would have listened to him and prevented the genocide of nearly 50million at the hands of Stalin and Kruschev.

Eisenhower was too busy plotting his future though and torturing old German draftees and last minute hitler youth draftees (read about "Rhineland Meadows", my great uncle was in one of these camps)

Patton kept going on and on about doing the right thing, so they finally got rid of him.

edit on 17-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Prisoners had no ID papers they could never prove who they were, if they were English speaking and in German camps it is reasonable to believe they were soldiers, if they had dog-tags as well it's pretty obvious. Some movies show POW's still in military uniform I don't know how accurate that is ? I can see if they were new POW's but anything older than a year incarceration, I highly doubt it. Germans usually gave camp detainees new cloths to put on.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

But why would they be in a German concentration camp then ?
Remember these are camps people were in because they were against the Nazi's, not for them, and then liberated by the Soviets.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Another piece of chilling reading about POW camps to show the horrors of war and how history is forgotten

www.ihr.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Patton absolutely WAS killed by the NKVD. He seemed to be the only one who identified the Soviets as the threat they really were, and he was immensely angered by US and UK leaders handing all of eastern Europe to Stalin.

He already had batallions ready to roll on the Red Army and had predicted he could deliver a decisive victory over the Soviets in Berlin in only 6days because they had no proper supply chain behind them from Russia. He was right and if anyone had truly cared about justice, they would have listened to him and prevented the genocide of nearly 50million at the hands of Stalin and Kruschev.

Eisenhower was too busy plotting his future though and torturing old German draftees and last minute hitler youth draftees (read about "Rhineland Meadows", my great uncle was in one of these camps)

Patton kept going on and on about doing the right thing, so they finally got rid of him.

I'm sorry, but that's absolute round objects. The US Army was demobbing fast in 1945 - Patton couldn't have done a thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Another piece of chilling reading about POW camps to show the horrors of war and how history is forgotten

www.ihr.org...

Please don't cite IHR as a source. It's the place where Holocaust deniers such as Irving 'publish' their drivel.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Eisenhower was too busy plotting his future though and torturing old German draftees and last minute hitler youth draftees (read about "Rhineland Meadows", my great uncle was in one of these camps).
Amen to that...Other Losses
We also have some small indication that my Grandfather survived Stalingrad only to die in the SU sometime post-war. The Russians are not big on detail...even to this day. S&F for the thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You will find that piece written by a man who was there

edit on 17/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but that's absolute round objects. The US Army was demobbing fast in 1945 - Patton couldn't have done a thing.

You're wrong.

And if you want to say "bollocks" just say it

I'll take the word of my family member who was there thanks.

edit on 17-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Soviets were doing nasty things throughout WWII. Everyone was, but Russia, Japan, and Germany were the worst (as far as we know anyway.).

German citizens and soldiers on the Eastern front fled TOWARD the Americans and the rest of the Allies because the Red Army was massacring POWs and raping anything they could get their hands on. We also wouldn't share intelligence with them even though they fought on our side.

The Germans kept other official Allied POWs in decent condition for the most part in prison camps, not in labor camps. The Russians were considered animals.
edit on 17-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

But why would they be in a German concentration camp then ?
Remember these are camps people were in because they were against the Nazi's, not for them, and then liberated by the Soviets.

The op stated Russian labor camps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join