It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Dragon on Earth [DRG2015]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am well into my 600'th year. I am the last Dragon left on this Planet. There are others on outlying planets in this solar system. But no more here than I. I will tell You a tale. True it is too.

There was a time Hundreds of thousands of years ago, when the skies were full of Dragons. Barely any blue sky could be seen for the thousands of wings beating.

Then a war broke out among Humans. It was a long drawn out affair, and it could have ended up better than it did. One side decided to burn the village of the others at night, and blame the Dragons.

Blame Us!? Really?! How Dare They?!!
We are of Noble Breed. We don't take life unless it is for nourishment. And We do not take Human life for that! We were in the skies well before man came out of the caves. We knew where to hunt, where to live, where to breed. We kept to ourselves.

We would see man run to seek cover when we were in the skies above them. We were merely flying towards our hunting grounds. We laughed at the sight of them scampering for shelter. Such fun it was. Some of My kind would swoop down near the Humans just for their pleasure. Yes there were awnry souls among My kind too. They would not harm the Humans, only put some fear into them delivering growls and a bit of flame for show. Such fun it was for them, not knowing the true impact it was having on the Human populations.

Some of those Humans took this as a direct threat to their lives. Often hunting parties would be formed and some Dragons were slayed as a result. Over time, more and more Dragons would be killed. Some of the Good Dragons took it upon themselves to be embassadors of good will. They would drop down near a village and attempt to speak of their good faith towards Humans. The Humans thought this ploy a trick of Dragon nature, and those Dragons were killed as well.

Over time, more and more Dragons were slain. The sadness of this took it's toll on The Good Dragons. It turned to anger. Some of them lashed out at the Human populations and regrettably, dozens of Human lives were taken in vengeance. Entire villages were burned to the ground. These actions were not taken lightly by the hierarchy of My kind. Punishments were dealt out to those Killing in retaliation. Banishment from the Herd was a common solution.

Soon those banished would form their own Herds. They would attack Good Dragons and death was the result to both good and bad Dragons. Soon there were more dying of infighting than was caused by Humans. It seemed to never end. Countless deaths, on both sides of the Dragon Wars.

Time went on and the numbers of My kind dwindled. We could not reproduce fast enough to tip the scales back into our favor. The slayings from Humans and Dragons alike increased. I lived through the end of the Wars. Now it is time for Me to part this world. I will use my abilities of 'Flight' and leave You now.

Closing My eyes, I can visualize Saturn. There are many of My kind there now. No Humans, persay, inhabit that World yet. But there are some indiginous species of Bi-Pedal Humanoids there. Hopefully they live in harmony with Dragons. I need a peaceful place among My kind to live out my remaining years......

I bid You farewell......

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Alright! S&F transfered. Cool story syx!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well theres 3 still left. LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh, that's too sad. All because of a misunderstanding - it's always the same.
Brilliant story though, I love your writing.

S&F

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Not sure what happened. seems this story was posted, earlier. It showed as a page not working?! Now i have 3 at least entries... Not right. Sorry that guys....... It showed me that the page i loaded didn't take hold. 3 other times!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thanx!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanx Bean! I did this in a bit of a meloncholy mood, can ya tell?! LOL!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Aww...that was great!
That last living dragon can come and live with me, lol.

So many good dragon stories...all so different. ("Damn you, writer's block!!!") *shakes fist*

S&G
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Great story, well writen. I look forward to read some more...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Com on Jacy, just look at the one dragon on your shoulder. I bet he already had some adventures you can tell us all about.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanx Jacy! Now get outta yer block and write dammit!! LOL!!!! (Twiddling my thumbs in anticipation)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Thank You!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Good job my dragon friend!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanx Night!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well done Mike!
I think your stuff keeps getting better and better.
G

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanx Bud! This turned out a bit more somber than I wanted, but had to enter something.
Wouldn't be right for Me to NOT enter into a Dragon Themed Contest, Right?! LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not so somber. Dragons on Saturn. Love it.

S&F.

CdT

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Thank You CDT!! I appreciate that!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Ummm...Too cool SyxPak...I've always had an affinity for Saturn...it's my fave of the planets (other than good ole Earth of course) If I ever get a chance to go there...I'll search for your dragons...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join