It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHOST PARTICLE: The picture proof that shows aliens ARE out there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The eerie and never-before seen picture reveals a spectral-like ‘ghost particle’ discovered in debris gathered from outer space.
Exclusively unveiled by the Daily Express, it shows what is thought to be a ‘living balloon’ which once used to carry microscopic alien organisms.
Discovered by Professor Milton Wainwright and his team from the University of Sheffield and the University of Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology, it is, they claim, the latest proof aliens exist.

Professor Wainwright insists the particle, found in dust and particulate matter collected from the stratos , is biological.

GHOST PARTICLE: The picture proof that shows aliens ARE out there

Wow very interesting indeed , I won't pretend to understand it all but is this the smoking bullet?

Does this prove that life exists elsewhere? ( in my opinion the Universe is probably littered with life)

“This finding shows that DNA and viruses can survive the rigours of space travel – escape at high speed through the atmosphere of one planet and land in tact on another.

Panspermia its obvious really

Discuss! .. one day my friends one day i still want my 'moon' moment!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When the stars are right they wiliaiashubthulhu yog sothoth and stuff

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting the thing circled looks like a double helix.

Rawr as BSG says, 'Life here began out there'.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very cool find! The implications for this are amazing! I wonder how the religious community will respond?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Very cool find! The implications for this are amazing! I wonder how the religious community will respond?

Religious Community here, God is everywhere.... jj

Really interesting find though. I think we'll continue to make these discoveries pointing to our cosmic origins. It's incredible to think about where else these particles might have landed and perpetuated. Makes the primordial soup theory seem like the contemporary "earth is flat" theory... imo at least.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Discovered by Professor Milton Wainwright

Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe

Two names associated with big unverified claims I'm afraid , Wickramasinghe is a leading light in the field of Panspermia but prone to let his heart rule his head , Milton Wainwright is an associate of the aforementioned.

I'm surprised they haven't published in the Journal of Cosmology with is where they normally put this stuff out.
I'm not saying it's not possible but I think it unlikely.

We can speculate that in its space environment this ‘ghost particle’ is a living balloon which an alien microscopic organism might inflate with lighter than air gasses allowing it to float in the air or the seas of an unknown space environment.

edit on 16-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Does this prove that life exists elsewhere? ( in my opinion the Universe is probably littered with life)

Yep, littered with life! Everywhere besides the observable universe that we can see....Believe me, I want to see an alien as much as the next person but the universe is by no means "littered" with alien life....We can't find any and we are searching pretty far out there from where we are currently!

Not saying there isn't life everywhere outside of our view, but that is only speculation...Wild speculation at that! We shall see if there is anything else out there or not...Hopefully in my lifetime!

I don't understand the ghost particle thing, and how that is linked to alien life....Just because it could or should doesn't mean it does! This is just more speculation to me and proving nothing!
edit on 1/16/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That image looks like an electron microscope scan of some bit of dust. How you get DNA from that is just as extrapolative as how evolution got it from dust in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I want to see an alien as much as the next person but the universe is by no means "littered" with alien life.

How do you know ?

We can't find any and we are searching pretty far out there from where we are currently!

Or maybe we can.

"Enceladus has got warmth, water and organic chemicals, some of the essential building blocks needed for life," said Dennis Matson, Cassini project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "We have quite a recipe for life on our hands, but we have yet to find the final ingredient, liquid water, but Enceladus is only whetting our appetites for more.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Two names associated with big unverified claims I'm afraid , Wickramasinghe is a leading light in the field of Panspermia but prone to let his heart rule his head , Milton Wainwright is an associate of the aforementioned

Unfortunate but true. Wickramasinghe is too emotionally committed to panspermia.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Red Rain in India.....Kerala phenomenon....
Wasn't that also billed as organics from space??
If debunked yet......... im not sure bout that......

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I want to see an alien as much as the next person but the universe is by no means "littered" with alien life.

How do you know ?

Because we haven't found any!

We can't find any and we are searching pretty far out there from where we are currently!

Or maybe we can.

"Enceladus has got warmth, water and organic chemicals, some of the essential building blocks needed for life," said Dennis Matson, Cassini project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "We have quite a recipe for life on our hands, but we have yet to find the final ingredient, liquid water, but Enceladus is only whetting our appetites for more.
www.nasa.gov...

Yep...Speculation....We haven't found anything as of yet....So again, we found nothing but hopes and dreams! If you want to base your belief on speculation, go for it....I will see if there is ever proof, because currently we have none!
edit on 1/16/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yep...Speculation....We haven't found anything as of yet....So again, we found nothing but hopes and dreams!

We haven't found anything yet but then we haven't been looking very long , there are several candidates in our Solar System which could possibly host life.

If you want to base your belief on speculation, go for it....I will see if there is ever proof, because currently we have none!

My belief is based on science and the evidence we are accumulating , I have no doubt we will find life in our own Solar System soon er rather than later.

"However, from our positive detection of methane on Mars, we cannot rule out the possibility that both the low background level and the high methane values originate in part from microbial activity.”
Evidence for life on Mars

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That was easily the worst written article I've come across in some time. It's worse than Daily Mail ever thought about being.

Having read it, I came away not knowing what they'd actually found, or what tests had been done to categorize it. And the graphic was purely Dees-ian, it seemed as if the little wispy thing was all they'd found and they put in the rest to sort of spruce it up.

At one point they called the thing a neutrino. (facepalm)

eta: I think I know why, most of the "article" they're calling it a particle, which it's absolutely not. The writer did a google on "ghost particle", saw that neutrinos were called that, and bob's your uncle. This is why journos need science consults to get the basic outlines of the articles right without looking like idiots.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So until NASA or the government tell us they found alien life, that's evidence enough to you that there is no alien life?

Are we even looking for life that isn't carbon based?

To argue one way or another is futile.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Both Wickramasinghe and Wainwright have track records of really really Wanting To Believe, so the paper might be a bit leany that direction...

But what about their actual claims?

They found what appears to be a fragment of a frustrule, the hard outer casing around a diatom. It certainly does look like one. But is it?

Weirdly, they apparently didn’t even check. Seriously, in the paper they describe the photo of the object and say [emphasis mine],

On one stub was discovered part of a diatom which, we assume, is clear enough for experts on diatom taxonomy to precisely identify.

That implies very strongly they didn’t ask an expert in diatoms to look at their sample. That’s bizarre. If I were claiming this were an ET plant, that’s the very first thing I’d do!

Still, let’s go with it. Diatoms are endemic on Earth, found essentially everywhere there is water. Did this one come from Earth? They do claim they took precautions to make sure none could contaminate their sample, so that’s good. I wouldn’t rule it out, but again, let’s go with that as well. The diatom looks very like known species on Earth (they comment on this fact in the paper, actually).

source

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Are we even looking for life that isn't carbon based?

We know how to recognise carbon based life so it makes sense to look for that before we start looking for anything else.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
So until NASA or the government tell us they found alien life, that's evidence enough to you that there is no alien life?

Until there's a bit better evidence than a single common-looking diatom on a sticky pad that wasn't even properly analyzed, I'd say instead it's not evidence enough that there IS alien life.

Certainly not even enough to say THAT particular life, if life it was, is alien. I'm all for the existence of life in the atmospheric fringe that you never see at ground level, or at least not that we identify. But it doesn't mean that type of life is extraterrestrial, just that it's weird and cool, sort of like what you get on the other extreme at the bottom of deep ocean trenches.

Not even a new idea, if you're old enough to recall the Andromeda Strain, this was the macguffin. A military scoop probe in low Earth orbit looking for bacteria endemic to the fringes of space.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Kind of hard to believe the universe is littered with life.... maybe if you think microscopic germs and bacteria are "life"? People on Earth don't even believe a baby in the womb is "life".

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Kind of hard to believe the universe is littered with life.... maybe if you think microscopic germs and bacteria are "life"?

Germs and bacteria are life , colonies of bacteria on Earth form Snottites that live in underground cave systems which could possibly exist in similar habitats on Mars.

Snottites in Cueva de Villa Luz in Southern Mexico.

edit on 16-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join