It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHOST PARTICLE: The picture proof that shows aliens ARE out there

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: jjkenobi

Kind of hard to believe the universe is littered with life.... maybe if you think microscopic germs and bacteria are "life"?

Germs and bacteria are life , colonies of bacteria on Earth form Snottites that live in underground cave systems which could possibly exist in similar habitats on Mars.

Snottites in Cueva de Villa Luz in Southern Mexico.

It looks like a giant bear sneezed on a rock.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Very cool find! The implications for this are amazing! I wonder how the religious community will respond?

Proof of the 'Holy' ghost.

Is my guess.

As a believer of God, and his omnipotence.

Myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Very cool find! The implications for this are amazing! I wonder how the religious community will respond?

Proof of the 'Holy' ghost.

Is my guess.

As a believer of God, and his omnipotence.

Myself.
It's always cool to see how religion can adapt to new scientific findings. Well, at least the more open-minded of the religious. The fundies will probably have other ideas. Thanks for your insight!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes, something seemed off once neutrino was mentioned. There was research done on the quantum level of 'ghost' particle physics back in 2010 which was named for the elusive neutrino. It seems these two stories are somewhat the same thing but totally different. Clearly, what they examined was not a neutrino.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Once upon a time the Mormons thought Adam was an alien, but 'saw the light' of that error.

One of the more controversial teachings of Young was the Adam–God doctrine. According to Young, he was taught by Smith that Adam is "our Father and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do". According to the doctrine, Adam was once a mortal man who became resurrected and exalted. From another planet, Adam brought Eve, one of his wives, with him to the earth, where they became mortal by eating the fruit of the Garden of Eden. After bearing mortal children and establishing the human race, Adam and Eve returned to their heavenly thrones where Adam acts as the god of this world. Later, as Young is generally understood to have taught, Adam returned to the earth to become the biological father of Jesus. The LDS Church has since repudiated the Adam–God doctrine.

en.wikipedia.org...

People need to keep in mind. There are lots of different flavors of us religious folks, and not all of us believe in the same things.
edit on 16-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Once upon a time the Mormons thought Adam was an alien, but 'saw the light' of that error.

One of the more controversial teachings of Young was the Adam–God doctrine. According to Young, he was taught by Smith that Adam is "our Father and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do". According to the doctrine, Adam was once a mortal man who became resurrected and exalted. From another planet, Adam brought Eve, one of his wives, with him to the earth, where they became mortal by eating the fruit of the Garden of Eden. After bearing mortal children and establishing the human race, Adam and Eve returned to their heavenly thrones where Adam acts as the god of this world. Later, as Young is generally understood to have taught, Adam returned to the earth to become the biological father of Jesus. The LDS Church has since repudiated the Adam–God doctrine.

en.wikipedia.org...

People need to keep in mind. There are lots of different flavors of us religious folks, and not all of us believe in the same things.
Agreed 100%. I'm an atheist and I think far too many people (myself included sometimes) paint all religious folks with a wide brush.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We are capable of communicating with alien intelligence by D M T and certain fungus. Why are bibles legal but a chemical naturally produced in the brain illegal? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Does this prove that life exists elsewhere? ( in my opinion the Universe is probably littered with life)

Yep, littered with life! Everywhere besides the observable universe that we can see....Believe me, I want to see an alien as much as the next person but the universe is by no means "littered" with alien life....We can't find any and we are searching pretty far out there from where we are currently!

Not saying there isn't life everywhere outside of our view, but that is only speculation...Wild speculation at that! We shall see if there is anything else out there or not...Hopefully in my lifetime!

I don't understand the ghost particle thing, and how that is linked to alien life....Just because it could or should doesn't mean it does! This is just more speculation to me and proving nothing!

I understand your points but you think we have searched everywhere? and far out? we have searched the equivalent of our front porch with any detail, exoplanets are only detected due to dip in suns light , hardly any detail at all .

I do concede tho that if the universe has a 1 in 1 chance of developing life its possible that we are that 1 in 1 , but i doubt it , i am of the opinion that life will be prevalent and will probably be quite similar to us. also you do realize that due to the speed of light we are always looking back in time? if someone from a distant and (not so distant) star had a telescope powerful enough to see the earths surface, they might see dinosaurs walking around .. Fact (time it takes light to travel etc)

On a side note thanks to the posters pointing out the credentials of the two scientists (this is why i love ATS) they do seemed favorable to their own views and this must be taken into consideration also.

PEACE!!

Q

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Fascinating stuff Squirrel!

They mention they believe the particles are from space because they make a dent on the sensor when they hit it..
If they have done the science correctly,and are able to rule out any other causes of the dent(other than a hit from out of the atmosphere),this does look promising as potential life from elsewhere.

My theory is that these tiny bits arrange themselves into potential beginnings of life in the explosion of stars-that would be quite apt I think,being as we are all made from the dust of dead stars anyway.

Great thread!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

"Microbes In Spaaaaaace!" (Sounds like something Netflix or SyFy should pick up.)

But seriously, this is a fascinating subject, so thanks for starting this thread.

I've been following this topic on the European Space Agency (ESA) for awhile, which has more studies and results on this topic than we get from NASA and JPL:

www.esa.int...
(2001) WE ARE NOT ALONE IN SPACE; TYING IT ALL UP
1) Detection of organic molecules in space.
2) Finding planets orbiting exo-suns, with the possibility some harbor Life.
3) Finding exo-phile organisms thriving in extremely hostile conditions on Earth, thus Life on "hostile" planets may not be that difficult to find.

www.esa.int... e_Development
(Aug. 2012) ISS PLAYS ROLE IN VACCINE DEVELOPMENT
(Space changes microbes, and this is directly related to Earthly disease and vaccines.)

www.esa.int...
MICROBIOLOGY: STUDYING MICROBES
(Studying how microbes grow in space - E. Coli bacteria can grow in space inside a test tube - and how this relates to keeping the astronauts healthy in the ISS.)

www.esa.int...
VIDEO: CHARLES COCKELL DISCUSSES POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF "BIOMINING" ON OTHER ORBS

www.esa.int...
ESA ARTICLES UNDER MY SEARCH: MICROBES FROM SPACE ARE ALIVE

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
We are capable of communicating with alien intelligence by D M T and certain fungus. Why are bibles legal but a chemical naturally produced in the brain illegal? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm.
There have been no peer-reviewed studies that the "communication" you experience with ETs on "certain psychotropics" is anything more than a hallucination induced by the chemical reactions in your brain.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not saying it's not possible but I think it unlikely.

YOU think it unlikely and yet these people who have the credentials don't, let me see who should I look to for guidance!

There are now reams of overwhelming evidence that life will take a form to survive regardless of where it is, like fish with antifreeze blood and no red blood cells, the variety is too numerous to list.

To think it unlikely that life forms are pretty much everywhere seems ridiculous to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I find the discovery of these things very interesting indeed.

However, I would like to see a larger sample of the scientific community get a look at it, and to hear their conclusions also. The reason for that is that as some have mentioned, both the principle figures responsible for the claims made about these things have a history of jumping the gun just a little, allowing their excitement to erode their capacity for rigor.

I would like therefore, to see some discussion of this stuff by other figures, astrobiologists and the like.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What do we know?

Dark Energy, Dark Matter
scientists have come up with the composition that we described above, ~68% dark energy, ~27% dark matter, ~5% normal matter. What is dark matter?

science.nasa.gov...

Space is not empty, where there is energy there is something to consume the energy and probably something to consume the thing that consumes the energy.

People often like to forget new findings it seems or they decide how and why on their own.

Last year astronauts announced they had found traces of life on the surface of the International Space Station (ISS) which orbits Earth.
The discovery of tiny plankton on the ISS was the first time complex organisms were discovered in outer space.

edit on 16-1-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

YOU think it unlikely and yet these people who have the credentials don't, let me see who should I look to for guidance!

So because they have credentials you're willing to believe what they say unquestioned ?
There is nothing to back up the claim as with their other claims , this is speculation.

“We can speculate that in its space environment this ‘ghost particle’ is a living balloon which an alien microscopic organism might inflate with lighter than air gasses allowing it to float in the air or the seas of an unknown space environment.

“The particle in the picture looks is more like a collapsed balloon, however in its natural state is probably inflated”

This story isn't new and was reported here on ATS last year , it was as unverified then as it is now.
Steven Greer is a doctor so by your logic he is also to be believed.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Char-Lee

So because they have credentials you're willing to believe what they say unquestioned ?
There is nothing to back up the claim as with their other claims , this is speculation.

“We can speculate that in its space environment this ‘ghost particle’ is a living balloon which an alien microscopic organism might inflate with lighter than air gasses allowing it to float in the air or the seas of an unknown space environment.

“The particle in the picture looks is more like a collapsed balloon, however in its natural state is probably inflated”

This story isn't new and was reported here on ATS last year , it was as unverified then as it is now.
Steven Greer is a doctor so by your logic he is also to be believed.

Omg m8 pls no Greer lol. So much promise but so much Joke in the End.
I am sorry if it was posted before i did run a search and it is Breaking news in a national newspaper so ......

Remember though Greer is not a Doctor of Space/UFO's/Aliens/Moths pretending to be Aliens , he was a manager in A&E

These guys although obviously ambitious, are infinitely more qualified to comment on this topic than most, and someone has to pioneer the fields...

Poster above who comments on life found on outside of space station, i believe these have blown up through our atmosphere and originate on earth (the fact they still survive should say something about life) .. but these new readings are taken from something that hit the sensor at speed that could only be attained via travelling great distances.

Q

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As mentioned, the terminology was atrocious... like the story was re-told by a string of six year olds listening in on some clerks who heard some scientists talking once... but that said, looking for microscopic sized life floating around space isn't stupid.

And as long as some are theorizing and spit-balling, I find it likely intelligence formed from plasma ... or was an organized energy first, that then constructed physical shells, or life as we know it, propagated by dna coding, to feel wind in their hair, etc.

But then, I'm not qualified for much of anything except spit-balling.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Like dude, could you say that again ......slower..... a reply to: Mr Headshot

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I like your spit-balling! Call it that, or "speculating" or "having a thought experiment," we're going to need "all random intelligences on Earth" to crack the corrupt elitist hold on our global societies - and free their suppressed science and technology only "they" have access to, mainly to keep their obscene wealth going.

As far as intelligence-forming-from-plasma, have you ever read up on jellyfish? These are ocean-living creatures that have been around since before the dinosaurs. They live, they move, they eat, they poop, they reproduce. But they are the most plasma-filled-nothingness I've ever seen of that size, since they are clearly NOT microbes.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...
OUR VERY STRANGE JELLYFISH
They're about 95% water, with no blood, bones, eyes, hearts - or even brains!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If they could provide actual proof of their claims all would be good but until then but all we have are claims and supposition.
This piece from Space.com sums it up.

Indeed, other scientists said they would like to see more convincing evidence of a cosmic origin for the organism snagged by the balloon.

"There is probably truth to the report that they find curious stuff in the atmosphere," Chris McKay, an astrobiologist at NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif., told SPACE.com via email. "The jump to the conclusion that it is alien life is a big jump and would require quite extraordinary proof. (The usual Sagan saying: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.)"

McKay gave an example of what might constitute such extraordinary evidence.

"If they were able to show that it was composed of all D amino acids (proteins in Earth life are made of L amino acids), that would be pretty convincing to me," he said. "So some sort of biochemical indication that it does not share Earth biochemistry. If it does indeed share Earth biochemistry, proving that it is of alien origin is probably impossible."
www.space.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join