It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Is Building A 600-Mile 'Great Wall' To Shield Itself From ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

When a raiding party from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant attacked a Saudi border post last week, it was no mere hit on a desert outpost.

The jihadists were launching an assault on the new, highest-profile effort by Saudi Arabia to insulate itself from the chaos engulfing its neighbours.

The Saudis are building a 600-mile-long “Great Wall” — a combined fence and ditch — to separate the country from Iraq to the north.

Much of the area on the Iraqi side is now controlled by Isil, which regards the ultimate capture of Saudi Arabia, home to the “Two Holy Mosques” of Mecca and Medina, as a key goal.

The proposal had been discussed since 2006, at the height of the Iraqi civil war, but work began in September last year after Isil’s charge through much of the west and north of the country gave it a substantial land border with the Kingdom to the south.

The border zone now includes five layers of fencing with watch towers, night-vision cameras, and radar cameras.

Riyadh also sent an extra 30,000 troops to the area.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

kilk here^ for more including graphics of the planned wall.

When I came across this story I thought I was reading the Onion,but naw they are serious the land that produced terror by financing terror groups across the globe is now concerned about ISIS it is considering making it's own great wall..anyone watch the opening to Home Land the series,will recognize Hilary saying this: YOU CAN'T KEEP SNAKES IN YOUR BACK YARD AND EXPECT THEM TO ONLY BITE YOUR NEIGHBORS
edit on 15-1-2015 by Spider879 because: because I am an idiot??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well if this isn't the grasshoppers knees! How ironic and interesting can this get? I'm having trouble raising any sympathy for Saudi Arabia though they would have to do something to protect Mecca and Medina, I suppose.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Lmao.. the saudi version of the maginot line .. IS will bypass it it just like the germans bypassed the maginot line ..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I am happy to see that saudi arabia are taking it serious that these total nut jobs need keeping out. I do not know the situation between saudi arabia and those surrounding, how friendly they are to them or not but I do hope that this is the sign of more arab countries showing the rest of the world that the sick behaviour of these lunatics are not welcome.

It is not the first time a wall has been built in history to keep diversities, so I suppose why not.

Good post.
edit on 15-1-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

link   
Hilarious. The whole situation and your quote - all hilarious.

I can see IS outside the wall now... Using Pink Floyd as sound torture and running around with 13th century battle gear. Charlie Hebdo should make it a comic.

link   

I would say this tops the list of "Chickens coming home to roost" as of late!

You reap what you sow etc etc....

link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Well if this isn't the grasshoppers knees! How ironic and interesting can this get? I'm having trouble raising any sympathy for Saudi Arabia though they would have to do something to protect Mecca and Medina, I suppose.

That Wahhabi deal they made at the beginning of the kingdom is now coming back to bite them in the ass.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

good place for a job...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Once the sand dunes cover up the wall, it'll be easy for the jihadists to come back home.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Now that was a hilarious image!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Maybe they will connect it to the Israeli wall later on?

And then who knows... all the way back to Avila?

...and all the way up to Hadrian? naah

All in all its just another brick in the wall...

someone had to mention it...

Or we will end up with one huge maze...

edit on 15/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Another case of someone trying to buy peace instead of making it. Humans just don't have what it takes to fix the problem anyway. This is has been the history of mankind.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well well well haha.

In this thread the question has been asked if Islamophobia is irrational or not.

When you've got the homeland of the most sacred site in all of Islam, Mecca building walls to keep fellow Muslims out, me thinks we are right on the money not trusting them.

My question is this; How much more is it going to take before the Islam world finally unites and puts a stop to these Jihadists?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The future Calif of the Islamic empire to the future Saudi king
remix of Reagan's speech.
Mr Achmed if you wish to keep your head open this gate,Mr Achmed, Mr Achmed TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Lmao.. the saudi version of the maginot line .. IS will bypass it it just like the germans bypassed the maginot line ..

You're comparing a massive war machine hell bent on world domination with full divisions of armored vehicles, an entire air force, naval ships, millions of troops and unlimited funding. To a bunch of yahoos with maybe a dozen armored vehicles, sub-par weapons and command most likely run out of a house in the middle of no-where.

This wall will take a beating, but most likely won't be trampled down as you suppose.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I would be more concerned that they will all unite and turn on the west for the support we gave to the USA over Iraq and all the other miscellaneous dealings our governments have made in their greed and blow the casualities.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I wonder if saudi is threatened, whether they will buy their nuclear weapon off pakistan and drop in on their problem and then carry on as before with their yahoo life styles of shopping etc etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not all fences are built to keep people out. It seems really absurd that they would build a fence and a ditch to keep ISIS out, its not like Saudi Arabia doesn't have the ability to mop the floor with them. You would think a massive convoy coming through a desert wouldn't stick out like a yellow ball in a ball pit filled with red ones. Saudi Arabia should know that ISIS would need massive amounts of troops and supplies to even attempt to invade Saudi Arabia and if they were to set terror cells in there they certainly wouldn't be worried about a fence because those cells are probably already there. The whole thing stinks like ###t.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yes, I can Imaginot now. Might aswell have an imaginary line.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The funeral of the three Saudi guards who were killed in the attack last week. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

There a four bodies in the pic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join