It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Comedian Held on Suspicion of Sympathy for Gunman Who Killed 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala was arrested for "defending terrorism..........French police on Wednesday arrested the country’s most incendiary comedian, Dieudonné M’bala M’bala, for having posted a message on Facebook

The offending comment?

“Tonight, as far as I’m concerned, I feel like Charlie Coulibaly,”

For anyone unawares Dieudonné is a fairly notorious "stand up comedian" and social commentator in France usualy found in the middle of drama concerning what he has to say about Jews, some of it rather quite amusing.

Well thats one way to defend free speech I suppose.

Oh and apparently there may be a lawsuit against him for it too lol.

Comic Dieudonné to be sued for Charlie Hebdo gag
edit on 14-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Held on "Suspicion of Sympathy"?

Some days, I just can't wait until the world comes crashing down around us.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It must have been a pretty good joke to land him in jail.
It will probably end up boosting his career.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Freaking crazy....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Freaking crazy....

Yes. China has more freedom of speech than Paris.

What's crazier is France arrested this guy because the already have a law against insulting people, especially ethnic groups or religions. That's why they marched in defense of Charlie Hebdo's right to insult Muslims. Wait.... that doesn't make any sense....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think him and Putin should take it on the road

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So, lets get this straight. Amidst the rhetoric about free speech and freedom of expression, a comedian is being questioned for something he said which barely suggests "sympathy" for one of the terrorists.
Gotta love the hypocrisy, irony and all out ridiculousness that the world finds itself in right now.
Its so stupid, it has strange beauty about it.

All day on LBC today, it seems the Jewish lobbying groups have taken it upon themselves to highjack the Charlie Hebdo attack to get sympathy back for themselves after they destroyed public opinion of the Israeli leadership last year with the atrocities in Gaza.

Apparently, thinking that jews use the holocaust to get sympathy is "anti semitic". Even though I have heard it many times with my own ears, I have heard the cries of anti semite to shut down criticism of Israel's policy against the Palestinians.
I suppose the Jews Against Zionism are self hating anti semites too?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wonder if Charlie Hebdo could create a satire about this ? Challenging business this thing we call comedy . a reply to: Jamie1

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala was arrested for "defending terrorism..........French police on Wednesday arrested the country’s most incendiary comedian, Dieudonné M’bala M’bala, for having posted a message on Facebook

The offending comment?

“Tonight, as far as I’m concerned, I feel like Charlie Coulibaly,”

For anyone unawares Dieudonné is a fairly notorious "stand up comedian" and social commentator in France usualy found in the middle of drama concerning what he has to say about Jews, some of it rather quite amusing.

Well thats one way to defend free speech I suppose.

Oh and apparently there may be a lawsuit against him for it too lol.

Comic Dieudonné to be sued for Charlie Hebdo gag

They guy sounds like he's an obnoxious jerk, but being a jerk shouldn't be against the law.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I wonder if Charlie Hebdo could create a satire about this ? Challenging business this thing we call comedy . a reply to: Jamie1

That would be great. If they were willing to risk dying for their right to express themselves, I'm sure they would be appalled that a comedian is sitting in a cage for expressing himself.

This is so strange. It's like watching The Matrix. Are all the French people just in a trance and can't see the hypocrisy? They think this is normal or ok to put people in jail for insulting people?

WTF?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As a french person in the US, I'm just rather confused about the whole thing.

Then again, I see our freedoms stepped all over every day right here at home and I don't get that, either.

Why can't we all just get along? There's no need of this. As a race, we actually have bigger problems right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Then again, I see our freedoms stepped all over every day right here at home and I don't get that, either.

Why can't we all just get along? There's no need of this. As a race, we actually have bigger problems right now.

If we didnt spend so much time hating and blaming each other, we might actually realise who the real criminals are.

Thats why.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: chrismarco

Freaking crazy....

Yes. China has more freedom of speech than Paris.

What's crazier is France arrested this guy because the already have a law against insulting people, especially ethnic groups or religions. That's why they marched in defense of Charlie Hebdo's right to insult Muslims. Wait.... that doesn't make any sense....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Can you see both of your above statements go hand in hand?

People can't applaud laws against insulting one group of people and expect freedoms not to get stepped on.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Can you see both of your above statements go hand in hand?

People can't applaud laws against insulting one group of people and expect freedoms not to get stepped on.

Exactly.

I think people dont really understand the concept of freedom as defined by law.
We are educated to be good workers, not good thinkers.
We are trained to be knee jerk reactionary and emotive. This is how laws get passed that are never read and certainly not in our interests.

The meaning of freedom is being redefined as "democracy". When democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting for whats for dinner.

Because people are knee jerk reactionary, by the time they realise the bait and switch which has taken place, its too late.
"Weapons of mass distraction".
Its classic watch my left hand while my right hand is stealing your wallet.

The madness and total blatant hypocrisy of this right here shows the people with any semblance of intelligence that something is very wrong with this picture. How did we get here? Because this is stupid, to the point of ridiculous.
I can feel the cold icy hand of the state feeling its way through my pockets. I think its trying to grab me by the balls.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Exactly.

I think people dont really understand the concept of freedom as defined by law.
[...]

I won't argue with this- I've always used the word 'freedom' with my own definition- something about being free.

Until fairly recently, I assumed I was "free" as I was getting up every morning and going to work so I could get paid and pay my bills- in my spare time I had fun with various hobbies. Of course, I was doing all of this in a place where I'm reminded by the authorities seemingly daily that I am "free"- and we, of course, were raised from a young age to know that we are "free" and live in what we're supposed to believe is the best place on earth. Older and wiser, I now fear that it could potentially be accurate.

Then I started making more money at work, but having less money at home. That didn't make sense, so I looked into it. Not finding any satisfactory answers on my income vs expenses, I started looking at money in general- what a rabbit hole I found, leading me here to ATS and a whole mess of understanding I was happier without.

I understand that I am not free- yet I am living in a "free" nation. The definition must be different when used by the oppression.

I, too, feel hands in my pockets.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Something that many people around the world don't know about charlie hebdo is that they stopped criticizing centres of power many years ago. The journal has become a means to bash minorities and to make fun of them, including christians and mainly muslims. Muslims have no power in france, they are between 5 and 6 millions but they are not represented politically, among the owners of big media there is not one muslim and the same can be said about big companies. Muslims in charlie hebdo are always arabs, dressed like arabs, dirty, filthy, stinky, perverted, with flies flying around them. Muslim women were always depicted as being stupid and borderline prostitutes etc.. Added to that there is the fact that many in charlie hebdo were openly zionists, including Philip Val who was the boss of charlie hebdo for almost 20 years. One cartoonist, Siné, has been kicked out of charlie hebdo under "suspicions of anti-semitism" while the magazine was openly islamophobic and even racist. I might do a thread to show the true face of charlie hebdo.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What if you had "Sympathy for the Devil"?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
What if you had "Sympathy for the Devil"?

You have to understand the context in France to understand what Dieudonné said. What he did all these years, is make fun of jews like others made fun of muslims and christians, and he realized that it was not possible. For the french government and the sheep who swallow everything that the MSM throw at them, Dieudonné was a monster just like Coulibaly, that is why he said "today I feel like I am Charlie Coulibaly", because he is a humorist and caricaturist like the guys of Charlie were, but he is also perceived as being a "Coulibaly". And for that, he might go in jail under the false pretext of "supporting terrorism", that just tells you how french society is sick.
edit on 14-1-2015 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
And for that, he might go in jail under the false pretext of "supporting terrorism", that just tells you how french society is sick.

Its not just France, I guarantee you that.
It pervades the whole globalist web.

I get a feeling, and Im very serious, that this rhetoric about "freedom of expression" is going to be used to chip away at our freedom of expression. It just has that blatant in-your-face-ness about it. That TPTB like to do with their in plain site MO. Mocking the stupidity and gullibility of the easily led masses, while quaffing champagne with cigars coming out of every oriface laughing like Dr Evil.

We already have talk of more laws and spying on our internet activities, yet again.

Theresa May said today that "The Charlie Hebdo killers MAY have been linked to the Lee Rigby Murderers. And the French security services PROBABLY used net communications to catch the killers, so that we now MUST allow the government to spy on us more. To save lives."

The key words being MAY & PROBABLY leading into a MUST. I paraphrased the general speech, but I used the correct words MAY, PROBABLY and MUST.

This is straight out of 1984.

top topics

join