It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing...."Dont Hurt The Good Muslims" Every Time A Bomb Goes Off

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well we do know for a fact certain have indoctrinated and promoted some that have gone overseas to jihad. Thats not in question.

Some? So not all then correct? So that means we are left with proving which ones HAVE done this and which ones HAVEN'T correct? Meaning that we shouldn't sweep all clerics saying these things with the same brush as well correct?

No not trying to say that. I understand that you would rather cater to that sort of knee jerk reaction and call it a logical conclusion.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yes, I'm intolerant of labels, and sweeping generalisations. Its a failing.

Why, though, should I believe you over my own day to day experiences and eyes?

I'm guessing you are in the US, where made up bull# like this...

Gets fed to you on TV, by a company owned by Ruper Murdoch, a man who recently came out with this

www.theguardian.com...

But its just a guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I am not, even for a second, excusing the actions undertaken by the terrorists in France. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone calling Muslims into question for the actions of a few.

I never intended to do that. I see this sort of conclusion by yourself a reflection of conditioning and maybe a level of brainwashing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Too bad I don't watch the bull. But I'm glad you brought it up, I figured you'd bring up Fox News or another "conservative" media form. I expected it actually.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sorry Loga I disagree.
I live in a Muslim area, a Muslim street and work with many Muslims.
This week I have talked to many for the first time about their religion and what has been going on and everyone has expressed outrage at what has happened.
A girl at work N is 18 wears a headscarf and an Arsenal top everyday...she is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met, can talk footie with all the lads at work and is a bit rum everynow and then
I go around to my nextdoor neighbors who make me a cracking curry have a better northern accent than mine and they even get me a few beers in when I come around.
These folk I know just want the best for their kids just like you or me.
Sure their are many who may harbour extremist views but just look on ATS many Christians harbour extremist views.
I think the loudest people calling all Muslims extremist are actually extremist christians.

Everyone knows my views on religion and I will push when those religions attempt to creep into schools or government or when they spread lies to further their own agenda...but the Muslims I know don't do that....The Christians I know though....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh so anyone calling out Muslim extremism is a Christian extremist? How tolerant of you

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: daaskapital

Dude you are doing it.....all muslins are not bad, all Muslims are not bad....

I was after the context in the OP and I think you know this. Think of it like this.....a guy watching clips of the late violence in France, Nigeria and Pakistani.....and the only sound is a chant ....."all Muslims are not bad, all Muslims are not bad"...

So what happens.....guy sees a clip of some car bomb footage in Iraq, jumps out of his chair, opens the window and yells "all Muslims are not bad go**amit"! Drives down to the WTC memorial and walks around all day with a sign that says so.

Do you see whats happened to this guy?

Yes, but i'm saying that the media isn't needlessly chucking the slogan around. Most of the 'pro-good Muslim' content is provided by Muslim leaders who are interviewed on the networks.

To be fair though, i wouldn't claim what you are, unless there are correlating facts to back it up...most people already know that not all Muslims are bad, so they would likely not be influenced by reports which already state the obvious. I think most already know that terrorist attacks are not indicative of all Muslims, and i think that most won't be tempted to undertake stupid acts or excuse terrorist attacks through such chants as a result.

Sorry if i came off harshly earlier, lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

News lol.
They went to court and won their claim they had a right to lie....

www.dailykos.com...

www.philly2philly.com...

www.dehavelle.com...

Anyone who says Fox is a good source is wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

As if I call Fox a good source? They're as wrong as Huffington. Do you have anything to offer except "Fox is bad! Lie! Liberal line #1257"?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes. Thats because the video aired there is totally, and utterly made up.

100% pure BS.

And it went out on a national news channel in the USA.

How many people watched that? And how many opinions do you think that might have formed that are completely and utterly skewed by it?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t yea I rarely talk like that. But you do it all the time.

Tit for tat. I'm not going to defend my prior posts in other threads to you because my line of reasoning in this thread is upsetting you. I know what I've said in the past and how I've said it. I, also, am well aware of how you seem to think I regularly attack Christianity unfairly. I care about neither of these things and frankly are irrelevant to the conversation. Though if you want to change this thread into a mud dragging contest, by all means go ahead. Just let me know so I can leave now.

What does upset me is the fact the I cant post a possible conspiracy idea for consideration on the top conspiracy site without getting jolted as an intolerant goon. Don't understand why I have to jump through the standard PC hoops ect.

Just as a note I was all for defending Muslims in what was once called Yugoslavia. Really didn't like what was happening to them. But I can separate that from some of this other recent goings on.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

In your quest to make sure that everything is fair, you some times have on some world class blinders. I will agree with Logarock on this one.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So is every other news source. Do you have a point besides conservative bashing (which I'm not, nor a liberal so your efforts are wasted)?

link   

Would I? You appear to be getting overly emotional with me and making brash assumptions about what I would and wouldn't believe.

I asked you if we can prove your claim that the muslim clerics deserved to be watched because they were inciting people to radicalize. If only some of the clerics are truly inciting radicalism, then it reasons we should be discerning on who we watch and don't watch. Otherwise what is the difference between a radical Imam and Fred Phelps?

link   

Yes, I know.

Not all Muslims bad. In fact I don't know any bad ones.

But those Christians ...

Sounds legit to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If the radical imam's followers go on to actually commit violent acts, then there is a big difference between the imam and Fred Phelps. Phelps' cult has yet to carry out violence as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I am not, even for a second, excusing the actions undertaken by the terrorists in France. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone calling Muslims into question for the actions of a few.

I never intended to do that. I see this sort of conclusion by yourself a reflection of conditioning and maybe a level of brainwashing.

You didn't? Then why are you making assumptions about my beliefs? You've made several in your last posts by saying what I would and wouldn't do.

I just want an even handed approach to radicalism.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I know when I attended public school we learned about Jesus, Christmas, the Wise Men....

No, more like Mohammed, what is a fatwa, essays on how they're a peaceful force in the world...No ten commandments on the walls, and Christian kids weren't allowed to pray. Oh but god forbid a Muslim kid has to take off her headwrap...

link   

I could but frankly cant believe that you haven't looked into it yourself.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But what about the Imams that are supporting the radicalism but AREN'T radicalizing their congregation? Surely such Imams must exist as well. Wouldn't they be no different than Fred Phelps. But we argue vehemently to watch one but not the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join