It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Like To See Your Debunker Credentials, Please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was just reading a recent thread and wanted to pose this:

A main point of contention with debunking is, "What makes you qualified to say this is real?" That's usually when mental illness is brought up. Blah, blah, blah. You know the drill.

I look at all these YT Channels getting listed and have to pose that same question: What makes the people saying this stuff is fake credible? What if they are schizophrenics who's reality has no aliens in it? What if these people haven't taken their meds and are convinced Youtube itself is fake?

If you are a debunker, are you able to provide us with reasons why we should believe your conclusions? Can you prove you don't have mental illnesses that might alter your perceptions of reality?

And even if you had credible evidence to your sanity, Do you see the irresponsibility of a list that's so general? I have looked at these sites and agree that there is a lot of crap on each site, but there are also real videos and photos mixed in. To just slap a blanket label of "FAKE" on a site seems harsh.

It's up to each of us to decide what we believe is credible and what is not.

Obviously, there is a wee bit of sarcasm in my post, but if I have my character and stability questioned, then shouldn't all of us when it comes to what proof is real and what stories are to be believed? And if not, why not?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Honestly sometimes things are "debunked" because they're fake. Other times there might be an agenda, first of all who funds the debunkers, what's their backgrounds, that should always be brought into question.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

I think third phase of the moon deserves its place up there honestly.

Myself being an Authentic alien witness. These kinds of videos piss me off a little bit.

But not to much, I'd rather people consider E.T even with the videos being fake.
What really goads me is that these people are trying to turn a profit off it.
So it is becoming somewhat of an epidemic on youtube.

it makes some people feel that there is an agenda to whitewash all alien ufo videos with any athenticity by search results consisting of Fakes.

I don't think the goverment had anything to do with this. It was probably work or schizophrenics who don't belive aliens are real and that humanity is the center of all existance.

I will totally agree with you on that, Those kinds of people who are missing their meds are deliberatly paranoid.
Oy, iv seen crazyier crap than the majority of humans on this planet walking around kicking dirt and rocks.

I think peoples cheesy view of reality is hilarious.
This millium i have awoken into is very comical and hilarious.
Keep up the good work. And don't forget to continue with a little social chaos. The seeds were sown a decade ago.
And now it is taking into full bloom. Enjoy the show folks. WW3 will have plenty of drama and pretty lights.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Something's that are "Proved" to be true later on turn out to be something other. Sometimes debunkers get debunked.
Sometimes somethings are impossible to prove to others.

I have got past trying to prove anything to anyone ... I just state what I understand and leave it to others to find the proof or not for themselves by their own efforts.

Sometimes others merely wish to undermine or provoke ... It is good to not react to such people but try understand "Where they are coming from"

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My debunk credentials are as follows.

In every single instance of analyzing UFO videos, images, and claims of abductions, I have given testimony on my findings and have never had an alien tell me I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

If anyone wants to try to debunk me, i am all for it. Come visit me and il summon an alien in front of said individual.

I can't garentee they won't get PTSD from the experience tho.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppytoven
I was just reading a recent thread and wanted to pose this:

A main point of contention with debunking is, "What makes you qualified to say this is real?" That's usually when mental illness is brought up. Blah, blah, blah. You know the drill.

I look at all these YT Channels getting listed and have to pose that same question: What makes the people saying this stuff is fake credible? What if they are schizophrenics who's reality has no aliens in it? What if these people haven't taken their meds and are convinced Youtube itself is fake?

If you are a debunker, are you able to provide us with reasons why we should believe your conclusions? Can you prove you don't have mental illnesses that might alter your perceptions of reality?

And even if you had credible evidence to your sanity, Do you see the irresponsibility of a list that's so general? I have looked at these sites and agree that there is a lot of crap on each site, but there are also real videos and photos mixed in. To just slap a blanket label of "FAKE" on a site seems harsh.

It's up to each of us to decide what we believe is credible and what is not.

Obviously, there is a wee bit of sarcasm in my post, but if I have my character and stability questioned, then shouldn't all of us when it comes to what proof is real and what stories are to be believed? And if not, why not?

Excellent post, we'll said.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We should all be debunkers, shouldn't we? That should be our default position, especially in the age of Photoshop, et al.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There are people in the A&U forum with extremely high levels of skills and credentials. Everything from people with PhD's in various fields, to former NASA employees, to experts in photo analysis, and so forth.

And, surprise, they do the believers a HUGE favor by keeping the garbage and swill out of the conversation. If you did not have these resources at your fingertips, literally, where would you be? How much would you have to pay for such services if you wished to authenticate a video?

One of the most well known "debunkers" has twice posted threads where he offered up the cases that he could not find fault with - and they went largely ignored.

You really are looking at things backwards. The skeptics are not here to embarass or harass you. They are also believers and people who hope for that amazing moment when something totally irrefutable appears. They just happen to be the ones doing the leg work to verify things so that we don't all get tricked by some slick con artist as we wait for that day.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wish I saw evidence for aliens like Mulder I want to believe but I sure will not fall for anything.
Many will just swallow any evidence or clap trap I will not.
I'm so glad we have much more learned members here than myself because If we didn't have these I may fall for all the faked videos and such.
It is critical ATS has debunkers otherwise it would just be another wacky website.

link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: artistpoet

If anyone wants to try to debunk me, i am all for it. Come visit me and il summon an alien in front of said individual.

I can't garentee they won't get PTSD from the experience tho.

Where you at?.

link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Its a constant fight i totally agree. I guess i just kinda feel on the fense about it.

it's not like uploading videos to youtube is going to stop the alien agendas.

Even if the majority of the population does not even know they exist. That's irrelivant.

if aliens wanted to pitch tent in front of the white house, they would do it.
Why don't they? My assumption is, They don't have to? Besides that leaves you open for attack.
What if some E.T parks on the lawn, and as they are approacking the president for a handshake. A stream of light hits the craft and suddenly it explodes.

Maybe they are playing the waiting game. * You go first man* * No im not coming out of alter-dimensional drive, You get out of Ultra-dimensional drive first!* * Hey larry, you wanna go first* * Nah ladies first* * I see were at a stand still, Oh look fireworks, im gunna park here and watch for a while*
Of course im kidding.

I don't even think E.T even know what the white house is to be honest. Every structure is filled with humans almost and that's about as much as they need to know lol. I don't think they care or even understand our politics.

Hell, They probably think war is some type of sacrificial ritual.

When people are calling out to them for help, They just think. Hmm that must be part of the ritual. Don't worry steve. There's no need to engage.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

One of the most well known "debunkers" has twice posted threads where he offered up the cases that he could not find fault with - and they went largely ignored.

could you post links please?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Squamish. B.C. You can U2U me for a more precise meeting place

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Too far sorry I'm in the UK.
Not enough cash for the airfare and no time off work sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I was in BC (Gulf Islands) this Summer gone for over 4 months
Bad timing on my part or I would have taken you up on your offer

By the way ... what I saw of BC is beautiful

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It's okay lol. The beings iv seen actually you can make contact with on the Island of Man.

Or look through your local myths and legends and find mention of any large black dogs or felines of a phantom nature.

And you will have your very own E.T experience.

Typically, You are only an observer and so they don't take or touch you. They would more rather display their odd paranormal abilities which only become possible once consiousness takes on a less physical form.

These people ( Aliens ) are all over the planet. So you don't nessisarly have to come to me to meet one.
I could possibly make the experience more intense by asking them to display advanced technology such as a craft, and upclose so you can see it in detail. But you may even have the same experience.

(post by Yeahkeepwatchingme removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First, from my introduction.

I am not a debunker, but still like to debunk stuff.

Second, my last attempt at debunking a UFO video, everyone else was amazed except a few, i saw complete fake and posted on page two, got ignored, was right.

UFO ejects orb over South California

Am i a qualified debunker, no not really, but if i see anything in a video that makes it suspicious, i will deny the whole video, and point out the most obvious flaws.

I'm not always right, but don't jump to conclusion or is blinded by believe, and i always carefully watch what i'm presented with, multiply times.

I'm sane, but my word is all my evidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Squamish. B.C. You can U2U me for a more precise meeting place

That's not all that far away from Portland.

I would only go if there was a money backed assurance that I was going to be seeing an alien, because that's still a 9 hour drive, which I don't mind making if I am going to see an alien, but would be a waste of resources if you were simply having a go at me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join