It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes the Turner Doomsday Video Does Exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Turner Doomsday Video ... some said it was real and others said it was myth. Now we know. It's real. I doubt that when the Apocalypse comes that there will be electricity or TV sets working to see it. But it's real and it's ready to go. It's sitting in the CNN vault with big red HFR letters on it .. 'Hold for Release'. All it's waiting on is the Apocalypse (and the Apocalypse must be 'confirmed' before the video can be put on the air - confirmed by who? - Jesus Himself at the second coming? I don't know.).

BBC News - Does CNN really have a video ready for the apocalypse?

If the end of the world arrives, chances are you aren't going to be watching CNN. But just in case you are, the cable news network has a video ready for the Big Sign-off. That's according to blogger Michael Ballaban who posted the purported footage online.

The clip isn't much, really - just low-res footage of a US Army band playing a mournful rendition of Nearer My God to Thee, which takes a little over a minute. Then fade, presumably, to the rapture, apocalypse, giant comet impact or whatever coup de grace fate has in store for our little blue marble.

"All we have is this bleak yet romantic farewell, showcasing both the best and the worst of humanity with all of its unsettled questions," he concludes. "Like nuclear weapons or the little safety card they give you on the plane, it's the fact that we don't know why or how exactly we'd need it that stands as the most unsettling thing about the doomsday video. This may just be the last thing that whoever is left sees, watching on whatever device remains, when humanity's last remnant winks out of existence."

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That video is going to be on hold for a VERRRRRRY long time.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Human intervention will cause the end of the world to come much sooner, I think.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just wait until FOX creates its own video...

Oh wait, they've been showing videos of the end of the world since Novmeber 2008.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Spat me iron Bru out at that

Comedy gold

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

End of the world for us maybe. I see life going on just fine though. Cockroaches can still survive nuclear bombs right? Well evolution doesn't quit.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ah humans... What bizarre little creatures we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No they can't.
They will live longer than us due to having less molecules in their body which the radiation effects but it still kills em.
Saw it on mythbusters.

OMG did I just teach you something?

Huzzah normally it is the other way around
edit on 9-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well I'll be. Well I'll take the Mythbusters as a reliable source in that matter. Probably blew them up at the end of the experiment too.

Though I'm sure even if we unleash nuclear winter, we won't sterilize the planet.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I thought I better get a better source

www.todayifoundout.com...

Looks like the smaller you are and less stuff I suppose the more rads you can take

Deinococcus radiodurans microbe. This bacteria can survive radiation levels as high as 1.5 million rads at room temperature and nearly 3 million rads when frozen, such as during a hypothetical nuclear winter.

So yes it wouldn't be sterilized.
edit on 9-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well I'll be. Well I'll take the Mythbusters as a reliable source in that matter. Probably blew them up at the end of the experiment too.

Though I'm sure even if we unleash nuclear winter, we won't sterilize the planet.
I think the video was meant to played in the event of a "End of Humanity" scenario, not exactly an "End of the World" scenario, though that would certainly qualify.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Heff did a thread a couple days ago on it. Sorry to be that guy....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well at least the article confirms that life won't die out due to human intervention:

So who are the actual living creatures that would inherit the Earth after a world-wide nuclear war? Well, it has been shown that fruit flies take around 64,000 rads to kill. More impressive than that is the flour beetle which can withstand up to around 100,000 rads before dying. Even better is a type of wasp, the Habrobracon, that can survive as high as 180,000 rads! These all get beat by the Deinococcus radiodurans microbe. This bacteria can survive radiation levels as high as 1.5 million rads at room temperature and nearly 3 million rads when frozen, such as during a hypothetical nuclear winter.

I give myself a C+ for being partially right.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Does that mean I get an A+?
Na na na na naaaa

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If that's the last song I have to hear at the end...

Bring on the Apocalypse while I grab my ear plugs.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Oooh make a thread

Whats the best end of the world music

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's the Anti-Armageddon video.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The thing about rats and cockroaches surviving the apocalypse is that they can survive the radioactive contamination afterward a bit better because they have shorter lifespans. They also breed much more quickly than we do. The radiation gets to them, but its impact has less chance to have negative impact on their population because they reproduce so quickly and so young.

It takes time for that stuff to build up.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Doctor Strangelove or how I learned to love the bomb.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I was thinking of the atolls where they did the atom bomb tests in the Pacific. Too toxic for human inhabitation when they went back, but the rats were thriving.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join