It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remove/Hide member from thread?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pardon this request as it may seem passive aggressive.
I recall that one could "hide" a member from ones own thread if their presence was unwanted, reducing sufficiantly unrelated argumentation.
Is this an option?
Can one delete a whole thread?
Pardon my spelling, still can't find an appropriate option.
Thank You
WIS
edit on 7-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Additional Question

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Think that got dropped with the last upgrade .. not seen the option in long time ..

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You can remove a thread from "My ATS" by clicking on the X to the right of its title, but you can't "Ignore" a poster any more.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah the old "ignore" button died a long time ago....didn't go very well with the "deny ignorance" motto..

You can simply alert staff through the alert option if some member's input is not in line with the T&C.

"Unwanted presence" or "reducing sufficiantly unrelated argumentation" are not part of the T&C so I guess your attitude towards interaction with people who are on an other wavelength is really the problem here...

Peace

PS: Deleting a thread certainly isn't an option. Once it's out there....it's out there.

edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 12:57:06 -0600pm315720151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Yes I am a revived dinasaur. From my location I would prefer to a Mastodant, not a dinasaur, I know.
But is it still possible? Not to be revived

WIS

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OH dear, I can't see the X ?,
Thank You for your reply, please have patience.
WIS
a reply to: windword

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Windword is talking about this:

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Perhaps you are right, this is an open minded site and that is why I came back. But it is when people become personal or bash/troll that bothers me. I like the compassion and monitoring present here. There is a self governance that is absent in "real time" and on other sites.
Thanks for your perspective.
WIS

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It is surpricing how much moderators will try to help when you feel somebody is really trolling your thread.

If, at any time, you want to report a member's behaviour just use the following option..

Under every poster's avatar you'll find this little green man which also hold the alert option...

Peace

PS: if you have any questions about the new layout of the site feel free to ask!

edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 13:21:35 -0600pm312120151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thank You, My request was as to deleting my own thread, I see through the replies that this is not possible.
The topic is probably closed, had I done my "home work" I wouldn't have wasted peoples time.
Is there, off course there is, a "Manual' ?
Where is the "star" option? I want to give some of these nice entities a star!!
WIS
PS. What a nice little Borg you are

as you can see I can not be assimilated.
edit on 7-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: wanted to add a funny comment.

edit on 7-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: want to give a star, is not there.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No time wasted here..lol

The freshman forum might be a good place to start...most of your answers can be found here...

freshman forum

Peace

edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 13:29:51 -0600pm312920151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing...There's a noob member who's prolific posting in the past ten days or so is really working my nerves!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
It is surpricing how much moderators will try to help when you feel somebody is really trolling your thread.

I find quite a variability in Mod actions myself. Almost like they are totally different people!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I admit I take some posts the wrong way because of the written word not expressing exactly what they meant. I usually apologize. I think I'll refrain from being spiteful altogether in the future. I have seen nothing good coming out of it. None of us can be right 100% of the time but at least we can respect each other regardless.

I know I'm part of the problem at times. I give my word that I will change tactics and not jump the gun without assessing the matter further. Sometimes I'm on the boards half asleep and misread the context. Sometimes I'm have a bad day. That's no excuse. I'm sure others catch themselves doing the same. I do value all sides of a debate. It lets me understand things in a different perspective and grow as a person. I will put forth an effort to control myself on the boards.

It's better than silencing the other side. I might not like what you have to say but you are entitled to your opinion. Things go better for me when I use logic instead of letting feelings get in the way. Certain topics are like that and none of us can control the passion 100% of the time. At least with posting on the board, you can reread what you post. It gives us time to think it through a little.

I don't like to stifle the opposition in a discussion. It loses it luster if everyone agrees, making it one sided. I can take punishment and attacks on my character but fall when I try to hurt the poster by doing the same. I can't be like that and have a legitimate gripe. We were both wrong.

See, your posting did make a positive impression on a few of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You'd almost think they are just like normal humans sometimes...lol

I've had my fair share of run-ins with moderators and most of the time it was after a post/thread of mine got removed and I forgot to get over my own ego when writting an angry U2U to the moderator responsible.

I guess if you get enough angry U2U's a day, at some point you get a bit cynical in your replies.

Wouldn't want the job but I'm glad they are here...

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ahh this has almost turned into a philosofical debate, how nice.
No we should not stiffle expression, just rude, crude behaviour and personal attacks.
All that is left now is for me to find the stars in this thread, perhaps they have fallen off
and off topic (pardon me), because it is in another thread, called "Once upon a time" a boring little thing, is to find an appropriate spell check.
OM, your avatar looks a little starved, have you tried protien lately?
WIS
edit on 7-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: added a word (behaviour)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This site has mods???

Nobody tells me anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
All that is left now is for me to find the stars in this thread, perhaps they have fallen off

This particular forum (Board business and question forum) doesn't have the option to star posts. Most other forums do..

OM, your avatar looks a little starved, have you tried protien lately?

ah you know Christmas and all just behind us...had to loose some weight.

Peace
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 17:18:21 -0600pm311820151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This site has mods???

Nobody tells me anything.

It's a stigmate of your emotication.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

you're in the Board and Business forum. No stars here my friend. just questions and answers.

<<   2 >>

join