It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid Causeway Finally Found.. in Illegal Dig Under House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

How does the bet work? Are you agreeing it will be found there too? If so do or don't we have buy each other beer?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

i'm betting no Khufu...in a surrealistic chance that indeed we do find out what it hides...I'll buy you a beer just the same.

You seem to be set on Khufu...I disagree....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well what do you bet. Nothing is there?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm betting it has nothing to do with Khufu...whatever it is.

To speculate would be fun...of course....coming here...almost certifies me as conspiracy minded.

So of the top of my head...I'll bet on something that disproves the official "Khufu built the GP" meme...to which I don't subscribe.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Very well. The bet is on.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
From the Arabic language news source cited by Ancient Origins, ahram.org, a picture to give an indication of the distance from the find to the GP:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: jlafleur02
How do these things just get buried. Since it was built there has always been people living in that area. Something that massive doesn't just disappear.

The dinosaurs were massive, they were buried. The pyramids in Mexico were massive, they were buried. (A little closer in age as well)

The Yucatan has pyramids massive in size that were totally buried to the point they just looked like hills. Mother nature can do pretty much anything it wants over hundreds and thousands of years.

You can't compare dinosaurs to this. Pyramids are 7000 years old. Do the pyramids in Mexico have a massive causeway that was buried? that area hasn't been inhabited constantly has it. You make no sense. ?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

Sand.

Giza has been excavated from the sands a few times going back into antiquity. For instance, when Thutmose IV placed the Dream Stele between the front paws of the Sphinx in 1401 BC, he had to first excavate the paws. The pyramids at Giza themselves were treated pretty harshly over the years as evidenced by things like the lack of casing stones that were carried off and used in new construction.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I wonder when the wonderful Rockefeller Foundation will swoop in and save the day...

... And by save the day I mean brush as much of this discovery under the rug as possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kind of hard to tell what this is other than a giant hole in the ground...I will reserve judgement until they show us more...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One day someone walked down that causeway and he was the last person to do so for a few thousand years. Kinda weird when you think about it. Why? How is such a thing "lost"?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

I think we are about to find out.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

You see houses rotting in the countryside. Ghost towns decaying. Victorian buidings a near collapsed shell. Humans abandon things.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To me, it sounds a lot like: "Can't let the locals take the credit for this one, not when we failed so many times".

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
so he may have found a new pyramid?
what was he dinging for??
maybe a well!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You can't have people digging under their houses and finding things like that. It will make the Archeologists look bad.

Sounds like he was trying to dig a well to me. Digging down that far just to find an artifact would have very poor odds of finding anything. But if they catch him digging in an area where digging is restricted, then I guess they have laws that would make it possible to seize his house.

I hope that they at the least provide him with another house or lot to reimburse him if they do have to move him.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: jlafleur02

Sand.

Giza has been excavated from the sands a few times going back into antiquity. For instance, when Thutmose IV placed the Dream Stele between the front paws of the Sphinx in 1401 BC, he had to first excavate the paws. The pyramids at Giza themselves were treated pretty harshly over the years as evidenced by things like the lack of casing stones that were carried off and used in new construction.

It seems that in more ancient times preserving culture, ancient buildings, and the heritage of other societies was not a priority. That's why so many ancient cities, buildings, and libraries were often razed to the ground.

But it makes me sad. It would have been amazing to see the Great Pyramid with all of its casing stones. Didn't some reports say that it was highly reflective with the casing stones and could be seen much farther away?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The same is true today.

Remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan that were destroyed by the Taliban? Then there's sites like Tell Umm al-Aqarib that were damaged by war in Iraq.

War is particularly bad news for ancient sites and artifacts and so are looters. It's depressing to see something that has survived the ravages of time only to be destroyed by modern man.
edit on 2015-1-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The same is true today.

Remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan that were destroyed by the Taliban? Then there's sites like Tell Umm al-Aqarib that were damaged by war in Iraq.

War is particularly bad news for ancient sites and artifacts and so are looters. It's depressing to see something that has survived the ravages of time only to be destroyed by modern man.

Right, it is still happening. Those Buddhas' destructions are really horrible.

And yeah, what about the looting of the Iraqi museums during the Iraq War. That screams intent by governments or organizations, not just random criminals.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
I wonder when the wonderful Rockefeller Foundation will swoop in and save the day...

... And by save the day I mean brush as much of this discovery under the rug as possible.

Maybe...just maybe, this was an official dig, and this dude finding it is just a cover story!
There's all sorts of stories about whats buried out there, and the last thing tptb want is the truth coming out, so do it all in secrecy and remove anything that would be contentious to the egytologists view of history.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join