It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The wings on pigs guy is facing charges which is the very definition of violating the 1st amendment. Speech is only meant to be protected from the government punishing you... not public scorn, scrutiny or backlash.
edit on 12/23/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Now now. I'm merely referring to the words. That guy posted "put wings on pigs." This guy sang a song. They're no different. So I'm not sure why one guy gets off with "idiot" while the other guy should be put on blast for it.

The arrest is clearly a violation of his rights, and I imagine he's going to be set for life after he's released. But that's not what I'm referring to

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Greven

I did see what appeared to be bystanders filming. The people on the sidewalks I mean. It looked like they had their hands up in that ubiquitous cell phone camera pose. Did I imagine that?

Strange that none of their videos have surfaced.

There were certainly people filming it or taking pictures. Not so much as a boo from bystanders, either.

I've dug down into Twitter and the absolute earliest I can find mentioning this comes from just a few people, one of which is this guy:
Sushi on Twitter

He posted this at 9:26pm Eastern and... links to the video. Again. Hmm, hmm, hmm...
edit on 21Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:19:51 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I see one as idiotic and one as malicious.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

I wouldn't have answered the question either...
It was an attempt to derail the thread from what the OP was talking about.

It is called deflecting.

Actually the question you're endorsing was the deflection.

This thread isn't about the cop killers facebook & Instagram outbursts...
& it's nothing to do with what protesters are chanting...

If you want to discuss that, make a thread about it.

Otherwise you're just continuing the derailment of the thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So it's idiotic to post "put wings on pigs" right after somebody else who posted those very words murdered two cops, but malicious to sing a song about a guy fighting a cop and getting killed?

Seems to me that's a bit backwards. Not sure how the song, without any implied threats, can be the malicious one here. Poor taste? Yep. Stupid? Yep. Uncalled for? Yep. Malicious? I don't see that, especially when you say "put wings on pigs" is NOT malicious.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No obvious slant to his account, is there?

Do let us know what his response is?!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Is what it is...
/shrug

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yep it sure is

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Amabhulu doesn't mean white, it means a person that supports apartheid. I learned that from a white South African friend.

They are singing about killing white folk, let's be straight, huh. I lived in South Africa for 4 years, boer and person that supports apartheid are interchangeable to the Zulu, Sotho, Xhosa, Bantu, etc. BTW, most of the apartheid laws had been dismantled by 1988 and what few were left were pretty much gone by 1990/91. I left in 1990 and we had many different races of people living on our street in Dinwiddie, Germiston.

Now here's something interesting, let's presume for a moment that Amabhulu only means a person that supports apartheid; Why didn't mandela have a problem with Israel, they support apartheid? In their own disgusting little flavor, but still apartheid. Why didn't mandela have a problem with the US congress/senate/government, or the canadian or UK government, they all support Israel and by extension, support apartheid? Seems to me that the definition you claim to understand supports hypocrisy.

One rule for all or no rules for any.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

From the comments they were singing over the body of a fallen friend who was killed in his driveway.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: TechUnique

Get a grip, stupid things happen every day. Watch out for the dangerous situations, not the retarded ones.

Mandela sang about killing the whites in South Africa. He sang about genocide, but that was ok, right? But it's wrong for a bunch of idiot cops to sing about one dead guy?

The crap the cops are doing is ignorant and stupid, but the damage is done, Brown IS dead. What mandela did was incite a country towards genocide. Neither is good, but get out your little scales and tell me which one is worse.

Cheers - Dave

When did I say anything about Nelson Mandela or when did I turn it into a race thing? You guys..

It seems it was implied due to the context of the OP. You turned it into a race thing in your thread title which reads "Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown." Now, is there a word in that title that is spelled "Racist," I wonder?

BTW, here is the external text from the OP (bolding and size is mine);

The person who took the video of the incident gave it to TMZ because they were offended by the song and were upset that no one in the room was objecting. A trustee at the Elks Lodge told TMZ many of the hundreds of members of the Glendale Elks Lodge are upset about the song, saying, “It’s deplorable and inappropriate and the Lodge will take disciplinary action against [Fishell] and possibly the people who organized this event.” The trustee added, “We don’t stand for any racist things like this.”

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/23.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why didn't mandela have a problem with Israel

“The UN took a strong stand against apartheid; and over the years, an international consensus was built, which helped to bring an end to this iniquitous system. But we know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.” - Nelson Mandela

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No obvious slant to his account, is there?

Do let us know what his response is?!!

Haha, yeah, if he sends one.

I did some snooping and found that you can retrieve an XML file for YouTube videos from the API containing data, so this is the link there if anyone wants to verify it:
XML data link
It's a direct link to a file, so you have to open it in a text editor. The file was uploaded at "2014-12-13T21:48:24.000Z" which means Zulu, equivalent to UTC. Don't know if this is the begin-upload time or end-upload time, but this had to have gone down before that time. Funny story, though - UTC is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

9:48pm UTC is 4:48pm EST. Looks kinda dark for 4:48pm... To be fair, sunset would have been about 4:29pm, then twilight for another hour or so.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you accept the right to freedom of speech, you must also accept the fact that sometimes you are going to hear things you don't like. Your choice is either listen or don't listen. If you disagree with what you are hearing you have the right to say so. And if someone doesn't like what you are saying, they have the right to ignore you. That's how it works. Whether what is being said is in bad taste or disrespectful is beside the point. That changes when the words demand or threaten violence, as in talking about bombs while walking through an airport. You have the right to say it, and the authorities have the right to arrest you for it too.

As for the song in question...I have heard worse insults directed at better people, so it isn't a huge surprise to me that someone said something like that. The decision people need to make is treat it like any ignorant statement and ignore it or draw more and more attention to it.

Words don't hang in the air. They make sound, then they disappear. Its the people clinging to the emotions that make the echoes continue on and on and on. If its painful, let it end.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Not one racist word in that song.

But the media just can't miss an opportunity to fan the fire.

It's a hateful, mean-spirited song--totally biased, and yet that's
not enough to go with--they gotta play the race card at every opportunity.

Sad really, that they see us all as that gullible

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

From the comments they were singing over the body of a fallen friend who was killed in his driveway.

Yeah, ok, you go with that girl LOL. That's why most of the lead players of the ANC were there including the brand/marketing people. If what you say held any water, I guess there would be an additional 3800+ boer farmers and their families still alive today. Oh wait, they're dead, tortured, raped, bodies mutilated, burned with clothes irons and boiling water, electrocuted with 240vac, beaten with pangas, had skin flayed from their bodies with whip and knives, and of course in the end, murdered. We're talking not just the men and women, but children raped, tortured and murdered as well. Yeah, tell the 3800+ that mandela and his band of merry murderers didn't mean it.

I realize that everyone can't do a ton of research on everything that comes up in a conversation, it would take forever, but a cursory glance on the internet will pull up the boer farm murders and the ongoing genocide, so the data is pretty easy to find. In my opinion, you're making excuses for atrocities by saying things mean something else by what appears to be an attempt to minimize or marginalize said atrocities.

As I said before concerning the OP, those cops are stupid and ignorant, they are possibly inflaming an already potentially volatile situation, but Brown is dead. It doesn't sound like they are going around telling people to kill other people of other races, like nelson mandela the terrorist was... Btw, that video was from after he got out.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Why didn't mandela have a problem with Israel

“The UN took a strong stand against apartheid; and over the years, an international consensus was built, which helped to bring an end to this iniquitous system. But we know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.” - Nelson Mandela

You do realize of course that much of the funding for the ANC and mandela's campaign came through jews, specifically Oppenheimer (Rothschild cousin, deBeers, Anglo American, etc.). Oppenheimer once stated on the record that he was," The engine behind the ANC." And I think there is certainly enough history around on the Rothschild steering for the creation of israel.

So even though mandela may have had a public view of israel that indicates disdain for their apartheid state, he/they were still taking the funds. You can put the hand the feeds you in your mouth, you just can't bite it without consequences. Mandela never acted on his "opinions" of israel, except in a few letters and shallow speeches, to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
It's America don't like it leave.

Lol. I love this argument. The height of intellectualism. 'This is 'murica. You don't like it? Giiit ouutt.'

Humorous when people actually use arguments which are so easily parodied.
edit on 23-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I just shared something to answer your question.

I don't think it warranted a Nelson Mandela hate rant to be honest.

Thanks for the history lesson.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join