It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marketing Campaign Is Now Complete: Sony To Release The Interview On December 25 After All

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I am well aware of the history of Corporate/Government collusion, but if past precedent is to be applied here then the narrative of NK being behind the hack is still more believable to me, as they have a long and storied history of vehemently (and sometimes violently) silencing voices that are critical of it's government or leaders.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

About as far fetched as North Korea doing it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
If this comes out as fact that Sony were behind this as a lie, I hope they get sued to death.

Also, if true, it goes to show how easy the media/corporations have the power to manipulate us and do use it, even for the most daftest of reasons.

To make a picture like this, a budget would have to be approved, contracts with actors signed promising a cut of net and gross profits, a share of profits from merchandising. This does look like a triple win; increased publicity of the movie, the opportunity to highlight the "dangers" of hackers as well as win an ideological battle with North Korea.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

but if past precedent is to be applied here then the narrative of NK being behind the hack is still more believable to me

Then give me an instance where North Korea has done anything like this?, or how they would even be capable of doing something like this.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You think so? How much do you know about the inner workings of that country outside of what the western media has told you? Also, who's to say that it wasn't just some independent NK sympathizer group looking to get some publicity?
edit on 23-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Their capability isn't even in question here. Contrary to what you may have read about North Korea, they have a pretty advanced cyber warfare unit. Not as advanced as the U.S., mind you, but they have one. Hacking a corporate database is WELL within their capability. My question to you would be when has there been evidence that the U.S. Government has colluded with a Movie producer specifically to raise publicity and increase profit? War prodaganda films don't count, obviously. Oh, and government/military experts giving advice to movie directors doesn't count either.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, I do think so, there is no evidence North Korea was behind this, why would I think they were behind it? why would you for that matter?, because Obama told you so?, there is no evidence to even suggest they were behind this. Do you generaly believe things when no evidence is given?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Sonys "marketing campaign" took a movie that was going to released on at least 3000 screens and most likely make 100 million domestic and now it is going to be a couple hundred screens if lucky and make a a few million. And to do this Sony spend untold millions creating a massive cyber attack leaking e-mails that have embarresed the company, released its new films on line and is going to cost the company over 100 million dollars as a part of a marketing campaign? So in the end if you think Sony did all this, it will have cost them a couple hundred million to get a movie on a couple hundred screens.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The North Korea scenario is STILL more likely than the government colluding with a film studio to increase sales and awareness of a mediocre comedy. And like I said, it could just as easily have been an independent cyberterrorism group that sympathizes with NK who did this.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyed
I find this whole deal repulsive. A Big Corporation making a Feature film about assassinating a World Leader. With Seth Rogan at the helm (not a fan). I find this highly irresponsible, even provoking.

Imagine them making a Film like this about Netanyahu, another despicable World Leader, is that next?
edit on 23-12-2014 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is the third time I've heard someone else calling this a Marketing Campaign. I'm not saying that it isn't but come on I wish people would make up their ruddy minds. Either you're against Sony releasing the film or you're for them releasing the film.

It is evidence of the world we live in, that when Sony bowed to the threats and decided to hold back the film everyone seemed to go after them calling them chickens, yellow bellied and start trying to call them out but when Sony decides they will release it after all, people are attacking them and calling the whole thing a marketing campaign. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!! U CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

I know they shouldn't have done it in the first place and just stuck two fingers up to that flat headed Mr. Blobby lookalike but still, I wish people would stop looking to disagree with anything and everything.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

Dude it's ATS. EVERY little thing that happens can be traced back to some evil scheme to get one over on the people. Didn't you know that?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How hard is it for NK to job something like this out to someone else?

People aren't seriously of the opinion that all mercenaries carry guns are they?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Tbh I don't even want to see the movie really , it's just for a minority of Americans to feed there ego !
And if you believe it's a ploy to get butts on seats it's retarded

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Why is it you think North Korea had anything to do with this anyway?, the first people to mention a connection to North Korea was the Media. So.....

The FBI's North Korea evidence is nonsense

US reportedly blaming North Korea for Sony Pictures hack. But why?

Why I *still* dont think it’s likely that North Korea hacked Sony.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
So let me get this straight. Sonys "marketing campaign" took a movie that was going to released on at least 3000 screens and most likely make 100 million domestic and now it is going to be a couple hundred screens if lucky and make a a few million. And to do this Sony spend untold millions creating a massive cyber attack leaking e-mails that have embarresed the company, released its new films on line and is going to cost the company over 100 million dollars as a part of a marketing campaign? So in the end if you think Sony did all this, it will have cost them a couple hundred million to get a movie on a couple hundred screens.

Most sense I have heard about this yet. Talk about a huge waste of money to cyber attack (or pay someone too) another country. Even if North Korea would be easy to attack, still would be a waste.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well maybe because they are the most likely to be pissed off by such a movie. But even if NK isn't behind this, that STILL doesn't make your scenario more likely. Your scenario is a really assbackwards way of getting publicity for a mediocre comedy.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

As I said its as likely as North Korea doing it. Which is pretty unlikely.

FAUXTRIBUTION?

Another good article on why the FBIs "evidence" makes no sense what so ever.

Very strange the FBI are accusing them of it.

Dont you think that a little strange?, seem legit does it?
edit on 23-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Lol oh yeah. I forgot that

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It really doesn't matter who was at fault. YOUR scenario is MORE unlikely than NK doing it. Evidence for NK doing it or not.

I already said several times in this thread that it could have just as easily have been an independent cyberterrorist organization at fault. Yet you don't want to address that possibility and instead cling to your either/or possibility of NK being at fault or the US government colluding with Sony to [insert nefarious reasons].

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join