It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird New Fish At Record Depths!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Back when I was eating meat I would have just plopped it between two pieces of bread, added mustard and fish sauce, maybe put relish and some other seasonings onto about an eight of it (just to see if any of the taste 'takes'), and chew it until I had to spit out the bones. Talking of, does it have bones or are these deep sea guys made of cartilage?
edit on 19-12-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I shall call him Ghostie. Interesting and unusual fish. I love when we discover new life forms. Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's head resembles a puppy and his body is like Kleenex

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And then it's mouth opened to an impossible size and sprouted dozens of irregular, serrated, needle-like teeth and it screamed "Cthulhu rhyeah n'eyath!" and absolutely no one was surprised.

Seriously though, for all intents and purposes, this may as well be an alien. It comes from an environment that's utterly inimical to life as we know it and in hundreds of thousands or millions of years has never been seen by another living creature from outside it's biodome.
Bizarre.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Falcor the luck dragon fish

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Beautiful little creature!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

being in the Mariana Trench which I understand is very deep and mostly unexplored why does it look like it's swimming through a construction site? I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question but didn't see where this was explained.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Neat critter. Interesting that some things manage to live in such a harsh and unusual environment.

As for eating? Probably inedible, as its chemistry is likely to contain a whole lot of ammonia when compared to near surface fish. (Some people do eat deeper swimming fish, but have to ferment or leach out those fish to make them edible and their peculiar taste is an acquired one.) Other than that, it probably is really fragile and would turn to goo if hastily brought to the surface.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
It's head resembles a puppy and his body is like Kleenex

Lol so true, Kleepy it is then!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join