It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thats weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
ever have a weird coincidence happen?
does not have to be anything fantastic. something miniscule even. but something that makes you pause for a second.

i have 2 that come to mind.

before my wife and i got married, i was living in a different house. it was close to an alley and at night when we were bored we would head down the alley to the bp for some much needed soda and jerky.
so this night we are walking and i only have a few bucks on me so the jerky haul is going to be light.
keep in mind its dark so you really have to be looking to see anything.
so we are about halfway there and as we are walking i say 'sure we be nice if we found a few bucks in this alley'
not 2 seconds later she says 'like 40 bucks' and stops walking.

she reaches down and right there in front of her at that moment is 2 twenties laying the alley.
i know people find money at times but to find it in a dark alley immediately after i said that seemed very strange.

next

its right after our wedding ceremony. we are heading to the hotel to do what we do.
not the ritz but not motel 6 either. a nice spot.
as soon as we get in the room i do what always do. i look through everything.
you never know what you might luck out and find.
bag of cash
a gold brick with a balinese dancer stamped on it
a suitcase full of a tony montana size mountain of yayo

just looking for something.
i open the closet and the only thing in there besides the empty hangers is sitting on the shelf.
a jumbo can of campbells wedding soup.

you beleive that?
of all the things to find in a hotel without a stove on your wedding night. a can of damn wedding soup.

i still have it

you got anything?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Weird for sure, but I do not believe in coincidences. I think everything happens for a reason.

When I was about 17 a bunch of us got together and went to the next town over to find a place to sled since it had just dumped a bunch of snow on us. None of us ever frequented that town enough to know anything about it, but we had heard about this steep hill that would make for some great sledding (ala Clark Griswold lol).

Anyway, we all got there, had a bit too much to drink, got cold and started a bonfire on the side of the road while we were taking turns sledding down this hill. This is the boondocks so a fire on the side of the road wouldn't get you arrested in many places.

A few hours goes by and some guy pulls up to the top of the hill and threatens to call the cops on us because we were being too loud. We were sledding down the hill into "his" cul de sac. We went ahead and decided to leave instead of mouthing off and I'm glad we did (you'll see why in a second lol).

Fast forward about 2 years and I meet a guy cruising through another town (it's what all the teens used to do here). We got to talking and decided to make a date. I saw him the next morning and the one after that, on and on and on for about 2 weeks when he asks if I will come meet his family.

I agreed.

Guess where they lived and guess who is now one of my brother in laws??

It's a damn small world after all eh?
edit on 12/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

no coicidence its called visualization and when one learns to harness it well thats when the show really begins...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shells4u

ive been visualizing sky high stacks[/jesse pinkman] for years now.
i still have very little stack

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shells4u

I have been visualizing since childhood. I visualize constantly. And I have the drive and the smarts to get myself to where I want to be.
I do not know why it hasn't happened yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I could tell some neat stories about finding stuff in dumpsters, one time it was thousands of dollars of Platinum in the form of sputtering targets for the vacuum industry.

They looked innocuous enough, round metal disks in wrap with documents attached. I took them to the shed and threw them in for six months. One day I looked at them in the daylight, saw what they were and had them smelted for less than half their true value.

That was the fattest thing I ever found, I think. I say 'think' because I still have junk buried in the garage after all these years that I don't know the value of yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

I do not know why it hasn't happened yet.

With all that mind power one still can't turn one hair on their head white or black.

You are allowed to ask for what you need, you must take what you want more of.

Be patient, life is life long.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I used to live rough, and one morning I found myself waking up and walking a few hundred meters from my preferred sleeping place, to the centre of town. I sat upon a bench as the sun was poking above the buildings around me, my legs crossed underneath me, hands palms up on my knees, eyes closed, and began to meditate in an effort to ease the stiffness of a night spent outdoors.

The sun began to warm my eyelids, and I opened my eyes just in time to snatch a twenty pound note out of the soft breeze which had blown it across my field of vision.

Another time I had just had a terrible break up, had everything I owned in some plastic bags, and was carrying them down the side of a dual carriage way, one of the highest traffic volume roads around these parts. All of a sudden, a car pulled up onto a service track next to the road, and lo and behold, it was a mate of mine that I had not seen in four years. He gave me a lift to my mothers place. I was an emotional wreck, and while I do not think I would have failed to get there under my own steam, I really did not need to be out of doors any longer than necessary. It was so strange for my chum to be using that road at all, because he had moved away from the area years ago, and it was just chance that he happened to be visiting his parents on the day!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It happens to me alot! With big things and small very weird indeed, and it does make me think... I always seem to find money when i really need it as well.

Some cool stories i like reading about this kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

One day I was driving to a job, about 10 years ago, thinking "I'm too hungover to work, a little car crash which injured nobody but gave me the day off would be great."

With that my vehicle spun 360° and wedged itself between two trees.

What fun I had waiting four hours in the ice for the recovery truck.

Not really a coincidence just stupidity.

To add insult to non-injury, as the recovery truck set off to take me home he asked why I hadn't been in the pub across the road... I didn't see it. I could have been having a skinful in a warm country pub!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
When I was little I remember asking my dad why he was driving so slowly, He explained it was because there was ice on the road and if he was not carefull would crash the car.

He then proceeded prove his point by driving into a tree 10 seconds later.

a reply to: and14263

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
its crazy man with everything going on in the word that things can happen at the exact right time.
open your eyes 2 seconds later and you miss the 20

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That is why moments like that are to be remembered with fondness!

You never really know when something of that sort will happen!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A few years back, my husband and I had spent the day in Gettysburg as we sometimes do. We were walking in town back towards our car that was parked at the Wax Museum. I am an Abraham Lincoln fan and I was thinking it would have been nice if I had picked up a copy of the Gettysburg Address but it was too late now. I walked about 10 feet and a paper blew to my feet. It was a bookmark with the Gettysburg Address on it. I said 'thank you Mr. President' and brought it home. It's now in one of my books on Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I get a lot of small coincidences in my life, often around the time I have been reading books and articles by one of my favourite authors.

It gets to the point when I just ask, out loud, for it to stop.

Anyways, I was just wondering if I could think of something spectacular enough to contribute to your thread when I thought I'd stop for a cup of tea. Whilst I was up I got a few crumbs together to put out for my little rat neighbour who lives across the path.

As I opened the door, there right in front of my eyes, was a spider dangling on a thread. "Not too impressive", you think.

Well, since I've been in the country I've lost count of the number of times I've been sitting in front of my computer and a spider has dangled down in front of me.

So there you are, five minutes ago, just when I wanted something to write about, there was my subject

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It has happened throughout my life. Two of the bigger ones involved houses. I never had a real home growing up and it was really important to me.

I was 20 years old and my husband (now ex) and I had 2 kids, living in a house belonging to a ranch he managed. Not enough money to save a down payment for a house.

One day we did a drive along our country road and saw an older two story house that was way back off of the road and somehow we had never noticed it before even living there for at least two years. Well we went inside as it was open and I was feeling this strange attachment right from the moment I went in. I told my husband that the house made me feel a sense of peace and belonging and I wondered if it was for rent or anything.

Well a month or so went by and my husband was chatting with a guy he met and the guy was laughing about PG&E was going to auction this really nice house to the highest bidder in a secret bidding, he said he was going to bid one dollar and he was going to move the house to his property. He told him where the house was and it was the one on our road.

My husband put in a bid of $300.00 and we won the house! Now weirder and weirder, the property on the whole road belonged to one man who was always trying to buy more, he was the owner of the ranch my husband worked for and very stingy and not a pleasant person. Now for some strange reason this man went ahead and sold us several of his acres, on small payments!

Next we had no money to move the house, it was $3000 to move it and the bank went ahead and loaned us that on the property we had just bought! All unbelievable, we put in a foundation dug it ourselves and when the house was in place the bank loaned us money to install the power and well, new electric and plumbing, new carpet and all, and we had a lovely home and everything!

This is so long I will skip the second story :-)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I call second story....

a reply to: Char-Lee

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I call second story....

:-)

Many years latter I remarried and I had a small amount of savings $70.000 with which I wished to buy a home in the area we had to move in order to help my husbands injured father.

We looked and looked, one place was only $125,000 (in bad shape no yard) and I had 70,000 of it cash and yet the bank refused us because my new husband had bad credit and I had gone through bankruptcy 8 years earlier after a divorce. One place was land we could put a mobile on for under 100,000 but again the bank refused us.

So two years we looked and then we rented to own a house in the neighboring state because it was cheaper to live across the border. The owner scammed us holding our down payment two years with no interest and never did sell the house to us!he kept saying he had to wait until the well owned by a Family was fixed and approved. Now we learned the guy had done the same before TWICE to families he "sold" to and they rented but did a ton of work on the pace as we did also thinking it was ours...never liked it there either horrid neighborhood.

We looked at what we could afford, almost all of my money was gone and I had $5,000 left. Credit was fixed though so we was preapproved for a loan. Every house was horrid at our affordable price, no yards, close neighbors with dogs trying to eat us, peeling paint. One house I leaned against the back wall and fell through!

We stopped looking and decided we would have to rent. One day I picked up a newspaper in town, something I never ever did, I turned to the houses for sell and there was a listing for sell by owner. I actually had to beg my husband to go look because he was so discouraged.

It was everything we had ever wanted! It had an acre of forested land, the house was a mobile but nearly new, they had just built a huge garage! They were asking 20-30 thousand LESS than anything we had spent months looking at! I called the owner right away, it was for sell by owner. She said they had moved away but would be in town just one day to show the house so I made an appointment.

My husband could not be there but when I arrived I simply told her we will take it! She said, "don't you want to see the inside first," I said no we want it. I was the first appointment, the place was in perfect shape and for 20-30 even one 40,000 more we had seen were DUMPS they had drastically underpriced! They had even built a new deck just to sell!

If I had not been the first appointment it would have been bought before I could buy it! The whole thing was completely strange! We have been here 12 years now very happily still love it!

My backyard, the front is just as big!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That is such an awesome story! Your backyard is absolutely beautiful! It looks soo relaxing!!!

new topics

top topics

join