It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia heading into economic disaster

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I do not think the Russians will revolt against Putin since being connected economically with the west (banking Mafia) is proven by this to be a mistake. This ruble crisis today caused by the banking mafia playing around and Saudi Arabia pushing down the oil is a perfect example for why Russia should not rely on the western system. They are proving Putin right by causing mayhem hoping the mayhem will cause an internal shift in Russia but will only solidify the Russians behind Putin.

This is the last thing the Petrodollar supporters can do and when Russia is decoupled from the western bankers and use Chinese/BRICS then they cannot hurt the Russian economy anymore.

edit on 17-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: jaffo

Maybe watch some more real news instead of James Bond movies to know what`s been going on.

Let me guess...by "real news" you mean YouTube?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don`t watch YouTube that much, more of a reader, but there`s some good stuff on YouTube still between all the crap.

You`re the one coming with something of a fictional book...

Source

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Pay-per-view cage match. Obama vs. Putin. One must die.

Obama is a wiry little fellow, so if he hits and moves he may do okay.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Let me guess...by "real news" you mean YouTube?

Or anything Russian.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I wish I could read Russian, but I have to do with Dutch, English, Fries and German.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Russia itself is collapsing from oil prices and debt but it won't have much effect on world markets.

“The Russian economy looks huge on the map, but in fact, it’s only the size of Italy’s,” Dhand says.

Link

Putin isn't all that much of a mover and shaker on the world stage after all. His economic clout is comparable only to Italy's.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: DJW001

Great! Lets back the Bear into a corner an poke him with a sharp stick. Jeez what da yah thinks gonna happen? MORONS!

For twenty years we have been feeding the bear and now its getting greedy and stupid. Let's hope we don't have to put it down.

Put it down? I wouldn't be so cavalier about the potential of "noookler whar" (ala dubyah).

Do you really believe that Russia is capable of delivering on its nuclear threats?

What does that matter? Who in their right mind would take the gamble? Forget that. No one is in their right mind on this sh$thole planet... this joint is the insane asylum of the Galaxy.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Who in their right mind would take the gamble?

Russia would, as they already have said they will use tactical nukes if provoked against the Russian homeland.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes, and now there`s an economic attack on Russian homeland, something which can been seen as declaration of war towards them, allies being attack all over the place and another war on their doorstep...smart moves of the neocons don`t you think ?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yes, and now there`s an economic attack on Russian homeland

Guess I should have been more specific...provoked militarily.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No you didn`t, they are now also with the resolutions and US military sending "stuff" at closed airforce bases...so that`s also part of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Great! Lets back the Bear into a corner an poke him with a sharp stick. Jeez what da yah thinks gonna happen? MORONS!

Absolutely agree. Is this administration attempting
to start a military conflict with The Russian Federation?

It's almost like they bought a book called 'How to Start World War III"
and are going about it in logical order

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There was an article in Russia Times that explained quite a bit.

rt.com...

The Russian public had been buying and hoarding to try and stay ahead of inflation and rising import prices.
The big interest rate jump will probably put an end to that self stoking inflation cycle.

Looks like the next step might be isolationist economics.

“We must learn to live in a new reality, to focus more on our own resources to finance projects and give import substitution a chance,” the bank chief said in a televised address Tuesday.

Germany did something similar in the 1920's but did not put a check on hyperinflation.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I feel really bad for the people of Russia, it seems they didn't have too much say in Putin being their President again.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

...and what about the people of Iraq, Libya, Syria and Ukraine ?

They all didn`t have much to say in the neocons being in charge in Washington.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well since we're talking about the Russian economic crash...
Should I list in every post all the people I feel empathy for?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Did you post somewhere how bad you felt for the ordinary Eastern Ukrainians who got shelled this summer ?

If you can show me that post, I will revoke my showing of your hypocritical empathy and apologize myself to you.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What gave you the impression I was sympathetic to Putin and the crap he's pulled since being 're-elected'? Does that somehow say to you that I support the invasion of Ukraine? Or the invasion of Syria? The invasion of anything?

Can I get a big ole cup of WTF?
edit on 12/17/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I did not say you were sympathetic to Putin, I only showed you were hypocrite to use the hardship of ordinary Russians now for your own political statement and you were no where to be seen when millions of Eastern Ukrainians were under terror this summer with some empathy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join