It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked: Hollywood's BRILLIANT Plan To Curb Piracy. Hint: THEY ARE IDIOTS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Basically what the US government was doing to stop certain sites.

The problem I see is if the Hollywood types wrongly hit a site. It's always easier to break something then fix it. How long for a lazy, ignorant or apathetic Hollywood type cloaked in BS rules to get it fixed.

I do think giving Hollywood the power to affect the DNS system if very bad. They are money hungry creatures who probably could care less about a person other than getting their wallet open. A bit like a business burning down your house because they have an issue with you.

Whether these movies files are breaking the law, or should be, is another issue in itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: pheonix358
I cant agree with this enough. I believe that art speaks for itself.
If you're truly talented, people will support you. You can even put out your writing/drawing for free on the internet, and when people like it enough, they'll buy hard copies and memorabilia.

On one hand I agree with what you say and think the free market should take care of the distribution of art and music.

On the other hand Art does speak for itself but unfortunately very few people actually understand the language. Americans particularly are poorly educated about the arts which informs their tastes in many ways. How's classical music faring these days? What's popular on radio? - somehow the money and sales equals talent equation isn't working.

Talent and popularity do not necessarily go hand in hand. Van Gogh sold one painting in his entire life. The problem with art and making a living is that those who are truly breaking new ground aren't readily accepted by the public who generally want more of the same they already like. If every artist played it safe and did popular subjects in the current vogue style we shouldn't have progressed much beyond stick figures on cave walls.

Copyrights do serve to protect the small guys like me as well as the big studios. I think artists of every discipline deserve to be paid for their work, or at least not have others make money from your work without your permission.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

maybe how they release the movies and when
i dont mess with cams at all but a lot, im talking most movies that pop up in blu ray quality while they are still in theaters here or after that but before blu ray release are coming out of korea.
blue ray quality rips with hard coded korean subs.
they seem to get the # first.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

there is all kinds of killer music available that you dont hear on mtv or on the radio.
that is nothing new either. you have only ever heard what is popular on the radio. the thing is, popular music(radio music) stopped being the killer stuff sometime in the 80's. unless youre a mullet fan of course. then that was your #
radio music in the 70's was the best stuff out there. studios had the the whole payola thing going on to get dj's to play stuff more.
now the radio plays pretty much crap. you catch a good tune here and there and a catch tune here or there but thats it.
still, there are new artists out there making great stuff and never before has it been so easy to find.
careers have been started due to youtube hits.

look at the lamer psy
9 billion hits. he's rich now. living in california making music.
colbie caillat scored a record contract off her youtube vids. she has a grammy now

en.wikipedia.org...

sad to say, classical music has not been popular for 100 years. that is out there as well but in the big picture, its a niche market.
ive got loads of classical. listen to it all the time
i wish more people did but a lot of people like to hear the human voice attached to music

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

hahaha.
The POOP plan. I like it

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The banks of the world the Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve, and greedy thieves in WDC are intermingled in this industry up to their eyeballs with fraudulent computer systems setup to get first access to the stock markets so they can make bets and CDO's and so on. These are the same people that blew up the real estate bubble...they entice and encourage the public to take loans...they entice you to download their movies....and they laugh all the way to the bank and call you the sucker ala Wolf on Wall Street....that movie was not some fantasy, that was Hollywood reality and projection of what they now think of moviegoers. Probably always have...didn't they ruin to Hollywood in order to flee the copyrights of Edison? What a interesting twist of fate. The federal reserve pumps all this money into the banks, the banks loan it out to their crooks in NYC and elsewhere and Hollywood...and then you the public get stuck with the BAILOUT bill....it was funny til they started making utter propaganda flicks and passed them off as art....this whole North Korea Sony hack smells like an ARGO, to me. A con job, a racket, we are tired of bailing out the banks that fund your dumb movies.

As a sidenote, I make film and art/music, always have, I never ask for anyone to pay up, but at the same token I still would like to get paid if the stuff I made was of value, I understand this aspect of capitalism....but having said that my simple means and simple returns pale in comparison to the propaganda being foisted on young minds and the sheer vulgarity and ignorance being presented as enlightenment....the challenge in art maybe to make something that can appeal to a child and everyone else in between, people in the govt and finance seem slightly off base in today's world with the creative arts. In some sense our kids are funding these films, yet in many ways it maybe as if their tax dollars haven't even existed yet, no free lunch but the way the system rewards failure makes one wonder how much of Hollywood stars and wealth maybe just an illusion like the wizard of oz, in some sense it maybe as if they have become a parody of themselves. The banks have drank their own kool aid as much as they "create" their hobby of making "pictures". These movies do get made with bailout money in the end, we pay up through inflation and crashes, they make it sound as if they could exist without govt money and tax breaks....but our politicians need them to make election propaganda...just take the president and first lady at the Oscars to give an Oscar TO one of THEIR MAJOR DONORS. They go out there and beg for more money, because they can hit them up cause they know the laws are written to help the bankers that help them finance the flicker.

edit on 17-12-2014 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
These Hollywood companies and corporations are always so quick and eager to put out the U.S. and worldwide gross revenues for every megablockbuster film they release, easily reaching into the hundreds of millions and billions of dollars - and they they still cry poverty because a few million people out of the global population copy, share, and watch the movie for free?

Yeah, I feel sorry for them. Living in their mansions, driving their Lexus's and BMW's, renegotiating multimillion dollar contracts and having bank accounts with more than one comma in their monthly statement. Just like I felt sorry for one of the richest touring bands in history squealing like a spoiled brat at how they were being ripped off by their fans a decade ago.

Whatever happened to 'acceptable loss'? Where you lose so much of a percentage of what you take in that you don't care about it. If I put an item for sale expecting to get $100 - and only get $90 - I'm personally not going to care that much about that $10 because I'm still $90 richer than when I was previously. That's acceptable loss. Now if I were expecting $100 and only got $30, then yeah, I'd be rather displeased.

But these movies are still raking in huge profit. I have yet to see news footage of liquidators taking furniture out of a movie studio office due to bankruptcy, or a current big-name star living in the back of a Ford Fiesta eating Top Ramen. Are they truly concerned about that potential lost revenue - or simply exerting their will and power as corporations over the medium of transmission (Internet) the entire mass market is eventually going to more over to entirely? It makes sense to me: if you're sooner or later going to depend on the Internet for sales, streaming and displaying, wouldn't you want to control precisely how that is accomplished? And seeing as how digital media is practically by nature impossible to prevent copying and distribution, wouldn't it be easier and more achievable to control how the Internet distributes that information?

Especially when you have tons of cash and influence?
edit on 17-12-2014 by ArchAngel_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The internet is always evolving, sites have been blocked with that famous "federal lock out" sign before and they are back up with new name in 48 hours. Until I see them successfully put down non-american sites I am not worried.
I can't find it right now but there was an article about 10 different ways around the censors. A good hacker type won't be stopped.

"Good" movies still make money look at the top 5 movies from the last five years they made the studios money.
But if people don't like them because previews online suck, then they just won't see them. I will give an example, a few years ago I saw the new Tron movie free online, I also freely listened to the album by Daft Punk that went with it. Because I liked them so much I paid to see the movie, I also paid to buy the music CD, the very last music CD I most likely will ever buy. I am not afraid to give out money for entertainment, it just needs to be worth it. Another example the new Star Wars movie, must been seen on the big screen, not a crappy cam recording that suffices for some movies.

I just hope ATS will allow the free flow of information on how to get around the blocks when and if the time comes.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I definitely agree, I dont think people should be able to profit off other's work, and artists should make money. Im just of the practical opinion, "it's gonna happen anyway, so just do it yourself".

Like I said if people like you (art speaks for itself), they'll pay! Radiohead proved that, with a donation album. And people who didnt want to pay, they got it for free! They would have anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

it represents a bold challenge to the basic engineering of the internet, threatening to break the very backbone of the web and drawing the industry into an increasingly nasty fight with Google.

Google has deeper pockets than Sony.

It's also occurred to me this maybe a test run for the US government.

To silence it's critics around the globe, and here at home.

Maybe a new 'weapon' to fight the war on 'terror'.

This is the stuff China does with the internet.

edit on 17-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Guy I grew up with worked with this guy around 10 years ago who got prosecuted for Piracy. He had downloaded loads of music and movies.

He ended up getting something crazy like a $350,000 dollar fine. He also spent thousands of dollars on an Attorney. I tell people about it, and they still don't learn.

It's not worth it man. You can lose everything that you have. I happily purchase music on my ITunes, and my movies and shows on Netflix or Cable. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Sites like the recently defunct Pirate Bay

Afraid not old chap, the site in one form of another is up and running just as before !

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All dns does is register the name to the actual address so when you type it in www.yahoo.com its linked with the actual address and the dns server sends you to the correct location. Find the actual address not the dns and you can connect.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Google has deeper pockets than Sony

While that might be true? Google has not done so well against the other bandits on the piracy band wagon ISP. The Telecom industry,FCC and Hollywood are in bed together and are trying to abort net neutrality.

In the near future there will be talk about using net neutrality to combat piracy. All sites will be on the 56k bandwidth lane unless the content providers are deemed worthy by the I$P and there palls : FCC ,Hollywood and the largest global Corporation$.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: devious003
All dns does is register the name to the actual address so when you type it in www.yahoo.com its linked with the actual address and the dns server sends you to the correct location. Find the actual address not the dns and you can connect.

As long as the client sets the host name in the request header. Many web sites are virtual hosted and with many sites sharing the same address.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: excelents

The sites that are up and running are knock-offs and honeypots. One of this is just ISOHUNT with a Pirate Bay page. A few others are places I wouldn't take my PC even it were disconnected.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Exellent post OP! That's so stupid for Hollywood to purposefully upload movies and what not to sites just to track people downloading them and report them...unbelievable, but believable, smdh...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I know of a licensed media company in So East Asia that produced VCD's, DVD's and now Blue Ray DVD's. They produce hundreds of thousands of copies but at such a rate that some are not that good of copies. the lower quality dics's are labled B or C class and are binned. The A class are shipped out for sale.

The B and C class are sold at lower cost to local merchants but the local merchants have to make their own covers and labels. they then sell them retail on the street and some are even in video stores for sale. The local store owners will get raided and all those disc's confiscated and then charged with Pirating. But it was not pirating at all it was merchandise sold directly from these Media companies that didn't meet the standard to sell in The first world nations like Australia, Germany, America etc.

The media companies don't want to lose money so they sell the left overs in the local market and are protected by law in their countries but anyone caught with the merchandise they sold is charged with piracy, go figure.

edit on 17-12-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Online Piracy will always exist, it cannot be stopped. Only until the Internet is regulated, marginalized, and officered will it be able to hinder piracy; but it still will exist in some fashion. Lawsuits can be made, but hackers and progressive programmers will always be able to thwart the next door that closes, simply by making a new door and unlocking the previous one. There are too many possibilities for hackers and programmers to take advantage of weak infrastructure. Plus, there are always inside job leakers who can steal data and release it to the public in one fashion or another. There is a way around nearly everything too many people searching for that way.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Honey Pot has to do with sexual coercion. I think you mean Sting Operation

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join