It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Terrifying 'Paranormal Activity' Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Yeah, that was the first thing I always did when I'd hear them. I'd jump in my car and drive up town and wait for daybreak. There was no way I was going up to my bedroom where the footsteps were coming from!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I just thought lovely-but-goofy new ager going in, and I came away personally knowing that whatever the "paranormal" is, it's more--in some instances--than "misperception." Some really weird stuff happened when we were intimate and I'm not talking in the kinky department. Something tangible, intense, and separate from us was present.

Without going into any detail, I do know exactly what you mean. Not just in the bedroom sense like you are talking about, but in an overall learning sense, I was taught some things and told some stories that i'll remember for my lifetime. For a time, I felt like I was just dating a very unique person. Ultimately, a lot of the things I was told I didn't initially believe, but being in love with someone, you support them and their worldview. As time went on, the feeling grew that this other world she appeared to have one foot in was very real.

She had talked of other entities at some stages, insinuating that she was at times in an unseen battle with some thing or other. It was all of this that made me put the apparent two and two together and come to the conclusion that I may have simply witnessed a battle that she was losing.
edit on 16-12-2014 by fooffstarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2014 by fooffstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hi OP. People who claim to experience events across numerous seemingly unrelated paranormal realms (UFOs, apparitions, cryptoids, astro-projection, telepathy etc), often report that earlier in their life they dabbled in paranormal/occult like practices. For example playing with ouija boards. Anything come to mind?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Nothing comes to mind. I was brought up in a Catholic household, and was pretty saturated with enough religious information to absorb from school, church and home that I had a pretty reserved way of going about things and very little in the way of adventurous spirit when it came to anything 'unnatural'.

For the record, I'm agnostic these days, having grown up and made my own mind once the school-based indoctrination had lost its power. I believe in the possibility of some sort of powers, energies or entities that may exist outside our known world, but their nature, intention, godliness (or lack thereof) are all questions I can't answer.

I can see where you are coming from though. I'm 27, and have a pretty good memory of most of my childhood / teenage years, but nothing to 'jeopardise' myself spiritually or open myself to this sort of thing comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fooffstarr

Foof!

Welcome back pal

Absolutely that kinda thing can happen. Just because we leave are bodies at some point doesn't mean some of us don't hang around.

Events like that are definitely life changing and give a person a new awareness.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Another of the old guard I remember! Good to see you

It's been a while. Back into a place in life where I actually have the time to browse around personal interest sites again. Forgot what it was like haha

I agree 100%. Between those events and the other couple of things I've seen and experienced, my mind has certainly been forced to be open to all sorts of things I once considered fringe or impossible.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
EDIT: Oops, double post. Yep, I'm back alright

edit on 17-12-2014 by fooffstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Reading this story i had the impression the activity seemed to start once your girl friend moved her things in. A catalyst for this starting?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Great account of a very spooky set of events.

I think some members have forgotten we are in the Paranormal forum on a multi forum site!

It's threads like these that are slowly opening my mind to the spiritual/paranormal side of life so many others believe in. It must be down to how you write them. Keep it up!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Nothing interesting since the floods have happened in Southbank.
Your girlfriend is probably using Tinder and got in touch with Black Thunder who lives on O'Connor St.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sophiesworld

I lived there during the floods. We were cut off for 2 days in Auchenflower. This happened straight after actually.

And I wouldn't know about her Tinder use, we've been 'ex' for about 18 months now
but that's sort of off topic!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I honestly can not say i blame you!!! I always think i would love to have a full on paranormal experience that would smash any doubt out of my mind i have had weird things happen here and there that have definitely made me question the situation and my sanity but nothing personally earth shattering.. but really if it happened id freak out! I do believe though, without a doubt.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
My father had bit similar experience when he was 20 years old on vacation from university. He was with his parents in kitchen while load bang into doors leading to hall occurred. They rushed to look what is going on and found bouncing football (ie soccer) ball. Both doors from hall to outside world were secured from inside by safety bolt. No way some of his friends could do such prank.
He is critically thinking agnostic raised in bit mixed family: My grandfather was strict atheist, grandmother was probably anticlerical christian and had some mental issues which developed much later.
I do not see any reason why would my father made this story up.

Add:
This happened somewhere around 1950 in 250 year old house in Sudetenland. It is part of current Czech Republic claimed by Third Reich in 1938. So first all Czech nationals were expelled by Nazis and after war all German nationals were expelled by renewed republic. My father tried to research history of the house but could not found anything significant in city archives and all personal accounts of autochton neighbors were lost due to historical situation.
edit on 17-12-2014 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Crazy story!

Certainly sounds like some sort of ghost.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I once lived in a house wih poltergeist-type activity. Foot steps, like a man in boots. Whispering, lots of whispering, plastic melting without damage to surounding surface, occasionally the cabinet doors would have moved when not in room and heard them do so on a couple occasions -- id go to the kitchen and find one or two open, and lots of weird stuff with the electric lines in the house culminating in an electrical fire.

It was most disturbing and i moved.
edit on 17-12-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Yah, I spent some time with a girl a few years ago. Something tangible, intense, and separate from us was present. Very experiential though, we have to admit, and ultimately hard to qualify these sort of things. I ONLY posted this, because I feel ya, OP.

Before you even got to your suspicion, I had already wondered about your girl because of my own experience.

As did I. My past relationship and my current is/was with a more "in-tune" with nature and seeking wisdom not consumerism type of person. I also recognize their energy and personality shape the way I put out my energy for lack of a better term.

It's really hard to put in words I suppose only to say, I see patterns better than most. Almost like billiards in a way whereas in order to make a complex bank shot one must visualize the geometric angles, force, cause and effect. I seem to see that in everything in a way but my point is that it happens more clearly and more strange things occur. Like ying and yang perhaps opposite, yet compatible polarities completing the field making it easier for both to tap it's potential. However ignorance or inexperience has these particular happenings sometimes controlling us instead of the other way around. Like the OP having to move out.

Great story OP. I believe you.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A most excellent read indeed.

What a can of worms to open, what are your thoughts on the idea that the person is projecting the psychokinetic apparition.

That most of the things we thing are entities are really the personification of the altered self. Have you or your ex participated in consciousness enhancing herbs? I ask this because I believe they can open portals in the mind to new abilities, or perceived abilities.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is one of the few times I wish I could swear on ATS. Because I would let out a giant HOLY MF"IN SH!

That's a crazy story, and I believe you 100%. If you wanted to make money, you write a screenplay not an anonymous post on ATS.

Several things I picked up and you had already touched on. It started when the female moved in. It sounded like heavy male footsteps, booted I believe you said. Could be a coincidence, could not be. Maybe this was a bad dude and liked to hurt women. Who knows, that info lies in the history of the house. It sounds like it got angry and had to "work" itself up to be able to interact, by kicking the door. The angrier it got, the more it's "footsteps" carried over into our world, culminating in a large boot to the door saying, HEY, I'm HERE and I'm ANGRY.

The warning, or whatever you want to call it intrigues me the most. Man, I wish I could have seen that. We'll forget the part about you being in the shower, I don't want to see that part, but I want to "hear" the message. I wonder if it was actually vocalized or if you heard it in your "mind's ear". Amazing story. Any news on the house? Did you walk/run away and never look back?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: oneoneone

Interesting story. If you have shorter experiences you can share you could do it on www.abovetopsecret.com... so we can learn from it.

Thank you for suggesting my thread, Oneoneone. I was going to do that myself before I came upon your post.

I think you are correct in assuming the "ghost" was upset by her. Or maybe the ghost had what some would consider "old-fashioned" ideas when it comes to a man and woman living together without being married, and he wanted her out.

Visit my thread, that Oneoneone linked in his post. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think you'll see that there are many here who have experienced the paranormal; 295 pages of fascinating stories there, so far, and still active!

I've had an experience with a big foot and many UFO encounters too, so I believe all accounts of your story. S&F for you!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

She had talked of other entities at some stages, insinuating that she was at times in an unseen battle with some thing or other. It was all of this that made me put the apparent two and two together and come to the conclusion that I may have simply witnessed a battle that she was losing.

If she needs help getting rid of an attachment, have her contact Gavdemonologist34. He rarely gets on here anymore, but if you send me a private message I'll contact him for you (if she would like help). He works free of charge, and can help via skype.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join