It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Terrifying 'Paranormal Activity' Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but I was also very interested to hear more about "several 'abilities', for lack of a better term, that appeared to defy normalcy." Your response below unfortunately was too vague to add to my understanding at all. Can you provide some examples of abilities that defied normalcy? Thanks.

originally posted by: fooffstarr
a reply to: Answer

One of those people that don't necessarily deem themselves 'psychic', but certainly have a far above-average rate of strangeness. She was from a pretty alternative family who, it appeared, fostered and encouraged her to cultivate these 'gifts', rather than punishing her for it.

She was very hesitant to talk about much of it, but I remember several prediction or mind-reading moments that left me feeling pretty overwhelmed. If she was, in fact, 'in tune' to some degree with that otherworldly element of things that appear to intersect with our world, I still speculate that it may have been why this entity was drawn.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: fooffstarr

Did you ever try talking to 'it', telling it to leave you alone, for example?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

several 'abilities', for lack of a better term, that appeared to defy normalcy.

Lol who is this joker.
Though it seems the op was dealing with popo bawe. Read about this popo bawe years ago and some info maybe on the net.
BTW good thread op.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I had an encounter with a shadow person in 1998 when I had moved in to a small house. It manifested rising out of the floor for a few seconds and dematerialised. It had animal face features from the side but shaped like as person from torso to head. Like you it did not follow after I moved out a few months living there. It managed to show up in a photo next to my daughters crib hunched over her. Ill repost it if I can find it. Anyhoo I think it was bound to the property as well and me or my girl at the time attracted this entity or perhaps our daughter. The vibes i felt on the property were terrible almost made me and everyone physically ill. I think i was under a spiritual attack. I am not a religIous person mind you but identify as agnostic. I have looked for more prosaic explanations but come up empty handed. Then I hear countless stories from others such as yours and can only say until you live it you would never believe it. I am still having a hard time believing it myself. I have no reason to doubt you OP. Thanks for sharing your experience.

edit on 17-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The moment you mentioned "queenslander" I got a chill up my spine.

Most Queenslanders are quite old-more then a century old in many cases. They have rich history, especially in places that were on the mining frontier in the late 19th century. The creaking sounds are commonplace and that's to be expected for such old buildings, but you always get a sense of foreboding when you approach them.

I couldn't help but notice your signature that mentions your Yowie encounter- I had an encounter at the foot of the blue mountains in the late 80's, I was only a kid at the time but I swear what I saw wasn't human.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Greetings. Interesting i suppose. If it happened to you, then I guess it's really difficult to convey sometimes. Of course you could have made it up. What I'm saying is, if you did make it up, it wouldn't mean that these things don't exist. And I'm not saying you did make it up.

It's not really that much of a big deal though. What I'm saying is, if you know that these things exist, then it's nothing special. I've had some experiences in my life, and have met people that through their knowledge or through their action helped me to fill in the pieces.

I guess it's something like this. If you don't know something, it's simply more that you know if you don't have that knowledge. Some people will dismiss something because they have no experience of it.

My wife didn't believe in these kinda things, until she heard footsteps coming up the steps in one apartment that we lived in. Now she does :-)

I've seen shadows at night that seem darker than the night walking up and down. I was with three others at the time, two of us could see it, and two couldn't. We were in a car at the time, so my friend that could see it with me (he was driving) I was in the passenger seat at the front, drove his car slowly to where we could see it, and it disappeared. We reversed again and it reappeared. Went forward, it disappeared, reversed and could see it again. We watched it for a while, and then a man and his dog walked near that bridge. When the shadow got near the lamppost, it disappeared.

But it sounds credible because of the voice you mentioned. Kinda like if rub you your two first fingers and thumb together in your ear, it's kinda like a whispering voice.

These things live all over the place. Usually don't bother humans, but some do. They can be mischievous.

After you have these kinda experiences, you wonder, how is it more people don't know. In some ways it's not important. It doesn't really change the outcome.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

Anything is possible! The person - entity connection to me seems almost a certainty in retrospect, just not sure in which direction it goes.

I know personally I hadn't / haven't. I'm a very straight laced, boring person when it comes to experimentation in that sort of thing! Can't speak for the other person, although I am led to believe that they had never done so either.

a reply to: Ensinger23
No news or updates! I've only been back to Brisbane once since I left, and didn't go near this old suburb. My cousin moved out not long after I left, and I have no idea who moved in there next.
edit on 17-12-2014 by fooffstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I'll certainly give the thread a read today. Christmas holidays are good for things like this!

I admittedly have a huge interest in paranormal TV shows these days, and one episode of the Dead Files had a male spirit who appeared to display misogynistic focused violence. It certainly made me think about the possibility.

a reply to: sled735
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not in touch with this person anymore though. I do think they have their own contacts for this very purpose though, as I remember something along those lines at some stage.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Fascinating, however not unheard of. I too had a very disturbing encounter. One that lasted nearly two years.

What I can tell you for certain is the only weapon they have against you is fear. As soon as you realize that, you become far stronger than they could ever be. You don't need to look up for the answers either. Only within. It is where all strength and energy originates from.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

It's so hard to explain. As a couple of others here have commented, when someone is 'different' in this way, the strangeness just seems to become part of life, or day to day regularity. She was heavily involved with astral projection, and with energies and 'the hidden world'. Once all of this was explained to me over time, it literally just became part of normal living.

It wasn't uncommon to be casually told over dinner that there was another presence in the room, or to have someone's aura described to me. It all sounds rather crazy, especially now outside looking in, but when you know someone well enough, especially someone like this who is overtly intelligent and balanced otherwise, you start to believe them.

I don't specifically remember trying to speak to this entity or challenge it. It was probably my Hollywood influenced mind, but I held the belief that acknowledging this thing may have given it more power. By trying to ignore it or downplay it, I was hoping it would simply die off or lose interest but in the end I think that approach only made matters worse.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Foof, just out of curiosity, did your girlfriend sport short hair?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Interesting account!

My intuition started going off reading it,
but whatever the history is in that house(I would love for you to find out, reason below),
I get the impression of a residual haunt due to extreme trauma.
Could be wrong, but there was a very strong thought/impulse/story that says it was a rape,murder, and what your girlfriend saw, was what the victim saw before she passed.
Meaning that the victim's throat was slashed with a knife from the kitchen drawer that popped out,
and the door was open then, so she (victim) saw what was coming, leaving an imprint of fear in the environment.
The pacing of boots was the guy who did it trying to decide what to do either before or after he did it.

But then, maybe I am just crazy and have a really active imagination...

*sip*

c(_)

Your girlfriend could be what I call an amplifier, they tend to enhance certain types of energies,
and paranormal experiences tend to be more common because of it.
At least that is kind of how I see it.

But it could just be this coffee...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Nope, it was beyond shoulderlength! May I ask what the question was related to? Curious!

a reply to: Darkblade71
Interesting theory. I love the collection of ideas and possible reasons this thread is collecting. It's given me so much food for thought.

The part about the pacing being the thing in indecision before or after a murder gives me chills.

Your description of an Amplifier is spot on, and far better articulated than I've managed so far here. Weirdness was commonplace.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
To the original poster,

Have you ever had a feeling that you lost time in your life? Like you were doing something and all of sudden you are somewhere in a different place doing something different, than realizing that hours have gone by without knowing it?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Personally I do not belief in any of this so I chalk this down to it needs to be a personal experience to really convince me, but I'll tell you a similar story.

My ex-neighbor told me that he heard foot steps upstairs in is house at times with only him at home. He also said cabinet doors would be open in the morning at times and his TVs or radio would turn on all by themselves. This guy was a totally non-believer that never had anything at all weird happen in his life. He did say that it seemed to be worst when he had a argument with his wife, who was from South America.

When he moved out and a new person moved in, single guy, I made sure I said nothing for about a year, and one day I brought it up. He said he had never experienced a single event...

This got me thinking when I read in your post that you think it might be connected with you girl friend, and in this case it seems to be connected with my ex-neighbor's wife and not the house.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story. In America they
passed a law that requires a real estate agent to
inform you if previous owners reported
paranormal activity, but only if you ask.

I guess they don't have that law in Australia,
or else you didn't ask.

I'm sorry you encountered such a loss of money and
property.

I think the experience sounds cool. I myself would just
perceive it to be evidence of the supernatural and
evidence of the supernatural always is evidence of God,
in a weird sort of way.

Of course, I might have reacted the same way you did
if the "entity" or whatever you want to call it, became
clearly threatening.

I have to admit, if it can move draws and slam doors,
it could be potentially dangerous.

About six months ago we had an entity in the apartment,
and my room mate and I watched as the trashcan in the kitchen
moved about four feet to the side.

It kind of spooked him. I get excited by that kind of stuff,
but I did warn said "entity" that threats and violence of
any kind would not be tolerated (since this one apparently
could move things)

I guess it got pissed off, because no more than five or ten
minutes later I walked into the living room and it punched me.

I told it that is was no longer welcome and to leave now,
and I was very serious about it.

Haven't seen it since.

That doesn't always work, but for some reason
they listen to me (usually)

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I also believe u I've seen a door open by itself wasn't the wind door handle turn and everything. Like one poster said they feed off fear show u not scared and call on the almighty and they go away. I still live in the house. It's a old house in new orleans. I believe they are jinn. Btw haven't seen anything cept for that but sometimes I still hear them and I feel like something is watching me. P.s. do I have to have a certain amount of post to make a forum?
edit on 17-12-2014 by truehumandna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: truehumandna

You need 20 posts before you can make your own thread

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: truehumandna

You need 20 posts before you can make your own thread

ok thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Great story... and some of the responses are funny. I read folks saying "I'm an atheist, but I saw a ghost..." or "I'm not a believer. but this weird thing happened."

Well, I just wanna say paranormal stuff isn't reliant on religion ... though belief might amplify it... who really knows?

But it happens... and those wavering will never really commit until 'it' starts making noises one dark night... or they try living in a disturbed residence or date someone like the GF in the story, an "amplifier" as Darkblade noted... they exist and so does this stuff.

I'm not exactly sure why the denial runs so deep... likely due to our culture that thinks it's tamed nature and figured most stuff out... those of us SURE about the paranormal know there's still some work to do... heh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join