It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Hackers threaten 911 style attack on Christmas Day release of The Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So this would be a crazy day to attack. I wonder if this is being taken seriously or just as a play to get Sony to hold release of the movie. Christmas Day would be a pretty bad day for this to happen.

Is there anything more known about the Guardians of Peace group that would suggest they could/would pull off an attack like this? As a side note, I find it a bit funny their initials are GOP.

Source

In the most shocking development yet, the Sony attackers have threatened a 9/11-like attack on movie theaters that screen Seth Rogen and James Franco’s North Korean comedy “The Interview.”

They also released the promised “Christmas gift” of files. The contents of the files are unknown but it’s called “Michael Lynton,” who is the CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

“The world will be full of fear,” the message reads. “Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment

edit on 12/16/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And from Variety.....

Source

The note also threatens people who attend the premiere of “The Interview.” A New York premiere of the film is scheduled to take place Thursday at Sunshine Cinema and has already been scaled down, according to a report in the New York Post. A special screening of the film took place in Los Angeles last week without incident.

A spokesman for the studio, an FBI spokesman and a spokesman for the National Association of Theatre Owners were not immediately available for comment.

Read the full message:

Warning

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.
Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.

More to come…

Guessing the threat will be chalked up to NK hackers rattling swords as their fearless leader does, but if there is any truth to this and they hit a few of the theaters that would be pretty bad. I wonder if the threat is enough to get some theaters to pull the movie?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I was just about to post this myself, but got caught up at work.

I heard that they cannot verify who is behind this latest threat because the GOP are just as anonymous as Anonymous, so anyone could have posted that.

I am not sure how seriously people are taking the threat as of yet, but I guess we will find out in the coming days if this is a serious threat or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If any legitimate government was behind the "Hack" I don't believe its the NK , leaves all the other usual players US, China etc but to be honest threatening homes of people nearby the cinemas is threatening innocents, Not cool although is more and more the trend these days.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is a strange one.

I'd be inclined not to take this too seriously, but intelligence agencies don't have that luxury.

The GOP thing I'm sure they had in mind prior to this.

Why hackers would be so tasteless is beyond me.

Good find, S&F.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
On one hand I would say at least there is a warning in this potential terrorist attack.

On the other hand this to me is a far more serious threat than the whole ISIS random "TERROR" we have been warned about.

It reminds me of the IRA and there warnings before large scale attacks.

It is quite clever as they really cannot loose if they are targeting the company and the film.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

so the new hobbit movie is coming out as well and if it's in the same movie theater (like in mega movie outlets, they'll have 6 or so movies in the same building, all playing at the same time)...

now who is immediately effected (besides the public) if the movie industry is hit financially because movie goers don't want to be blown up over political nonsense?

edit on 16-12-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
questions:

1. is this politically motivated?
2. is this religiously/or lack thereof, motivated?
3. is this racially-motivated?
4. is this financially-motivated?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A 9/11 style attack on movie theaters?

Well it's not Kim Jong Un, he can't manage his own weight, let alone a terrorist attack.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Honestly, it sounds like... well, a joke. But I wouldn't want to risk it. Tough situation for TPTB. If they take it seriously and nothing happens, hackers will know that they can make demands and they might get something, depending on how convincing they are. If they don't take it seriously and something happens, then...

Also, when I saw The Hobbit, they showed the trailer for this film. It looked pretty bad, I wouldn't need a bomb threat to avoid it, the trailer itself was enough...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well the biggest way to have success in an attack is surprise...since they announced the day that is really stupid of them. Unless they attack the 26th when everyone lets their guard down! Amateurish so far...

And if they do it on the 26th they at least might not make the naughty list for 2014...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Maybe he's just pissed he's not this cool.

edit on 16-12-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Where is Anonymous when you need them? I say we have Anonymous and the GOP battle it out for cyberland supremacy...Unlike this movie "The Interview", I would actually pay to see that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

A 9/11 style attack on movie theaters?

Well it's not Kim Jong Un, he can't manage his own weight, let alone a terrorist attack.

Or as Stephen Colbert called it "Stage 5 Cheese Ankle"

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If they are attacking the sony corperation then it is a clever move.

Sony does not care about people but about profits, by threatening violence they can can hit them where it hurts without even commiting an act of violence.

Would you go and watch a movie knowing what you now know?

a reply to: rockpaperhammock

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Exactly! It's really bad, I wouldn't want to spend my money with things like gas for the car to drive to the cinema, parking, the cinema ticket and some popcorn for that crappy film!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

hahahahahaha that's brilliant

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes Christmas day...some False flag event staged by the military industrial complex (there are enough american politicians with their fingers in these companies).

A mini 9/11 but carried out across 3-4 theatres with death in the thousands. After the Boston marathon bombings shouldnt be too hard.

Symbolic attack..."they did it on Xmas day - they hate our way of life, our religion"

Fingers will not point to Sony or North Korea...but Iran and Islam. What better way to get people hyped up against Iran and to continue "perpetual war"

I pray and cry for the innocents as I did on 9/11. Evil knows no bounds when it comes to money and power.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What amazes me is that the NSA spies on everyone's emails, phone calls, and web browings yet can't find a bunch of amateur hackers.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Given the hostage scenario in Australia, i think you may be right. Iran and Islam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join