It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Hackers threaten 911 style attack on Christmas Day release of The Interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So this would be a crazy day to attack. I wonder if this is being taken seriously or just as a play to get Sony to hold release of the movie. Christmas Day would be a pretty bad day for this to happen.

Is there anything more known about the Guardians of Peace group that would suggest they could/would pull off an attack like this? As a side note, I find it a bit funny their initials are GOP.

Source

In the most shocking development yet, the Sony attackers have threatened a 9/11-like attack on movie theaters that screen Seth Rogen and James Franco’s North Korean comedy “The Interview.”

They also released the promised “Christmas gift” of files. The contents of the files are unknown but it’s called “Michael Lynton,” who is the CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

“The world will be full of fear,” the message reads. “Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment

How many times has North Korea threatened any sort of attack? I have run out of fingers and toes to count on.

North Korea is a joke, and the very minute they launch an attack on any other nation, is the very minute they cease to exist. North Korea will have one shot to bring the US to its knees, and with a very - VERY - minute window in which to make that shot count. The WILL get steamrolled by everyone in that region, including china.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Pfft, an empty threat in my opinion, nothing more. Infact the very wording of the statement reeks of North Korean-style propaganda to me, leading me to suspect them as the director of the hack attack. If I were able I'd go to that screening with no worry whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"All your base are belong to us."

That's pretty much how I read it.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

“The world will be full of fear,” the message reads. “Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment

Maybe this is a reverse marketing ploy? Tell everyone not to go, so they go LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Seems to me this could be just a marketing ploy by sony.

They want it to be a hit movie, they want it to be controversial.

Sure it may effect ticket sales on day 1, but when day 2 and then day 3 come around and nothing happens, people will want to find out what the fuss was all about.

What Sony has done is to allow movies aimed at current world leaders.

Where is the new one about Obama, won't be long

P

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
probably the cia

a reply to: kuhl

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Surely North Korea knows that if they actually did anything the US would turn their backwards country into a Christmas present for South Korea.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
What amazes me is that the NSA spies on everyone's emails, phone calls, and web browings yet can't find a bunch of amateur hackers.

That is why you have to know, they are keeping whatever they do know hush hush. Trillions of dollars spent with the whole world wired and eavesdropped on so them not knowing who is doing the hacking would be enough to pull their funding.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I haven't seen the trailer and am completely oblivious to the storyline other than it supposedly has Kim Jung Un (sic?) in a tizzy. That being said, to call this dumb would be an insult to the word dumb. Viral marketing ploy, gin up controversy to squeeze out every dollar you can to a failed movie (obvious prediction).
edit on 16-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

NA, they have been getting hell from actors and they even hired their own firm to strike back at the hackers to try and knock them offline. I think China has been doing this especially since they have been attacking many vital areas of the U.S. bad lately. Anyone else know why all the utility companies changed their customers account numbers and billing dates? The only thing I can think of is that they all were hacked around the same time and had to re due their billing before they lost a ton of money.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A terror attack over a FRICKING MOVIE?

Every day where I think this planet must be the most stupid of all of them it gets trounced by even more stupidity the very next day.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

They want it to be a hit movie, they want it to be controversial.

Sure it may effect ticket sales on day 1, but when day 2 and then day 3 come around and nothing happens, people will want to find out what the fuss was all about.

What Sony has done is to allow movies aimed at current world leaders.

Where is the new one about Obama, won't be long

P

Sony wouldn't have leaked their craptacular movies, employees past and present personal info ( a class action suit has been filed today for this reason), and emails which show the ailing company in a horrible light just for a little press.

More than likely, the movie division is gone as of next year. Too much damage.
Maybe they'll rethink the Spider-Man movie rights to pay off their bankruptcy.
edit on 16-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Screw North Korea

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
If lil Kimmy didn't make such a fuss about it there wouldn't be as much publicity, trailer is funny and I'm going to see this movie for sure now despite the threats. I bet Seth Rogen is laughing all the way to the bank.

For sure. While I'm planning on seeing the movie anyway, I'm more than happy to give a Kim and his hackers the finger.
edit on 16-12-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Eeek double post :s
edit on 16-12-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
If lil Kimmy didn't make such a fuss about it there wouldn't be as much publicity, trailer is funny and I'm going to see this movie for sure now despite the threats. I bet Seth Rogen is laughing all the way to the bank.

Little does Kim realize that his idle threats are the best publicity that the people involved with this movie ever fathomed. I'll bet that the three day holiday weekend take surpasses any R-rated movie for that period release.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
od. It was an ironic tradition.

The threat isn't a 911 style attack, its releasing proof of Sony participation in 911 propaganda production in support of the attack on america.

Gaurdians of Peace is GOP as in the old fashioned upholders of the constitution and christian values, exactly the opposite of what the depraved pieces of crap in Hollywood stand for today. (Not to mention many of the Hollywood hacks that get paid to write on ATS).

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why are there so many nut jobs out there that would give a # about what a movie has in it, its a #ing MOVIE. I mean if it had mohamed's likeness in the movie too than i would have to say yeah kill everyone. J/K

Seriously though what better way to get people talking about this than to make publicity bad or good. I doubt anything will happen but if it does people are seriously losing there minds on this planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
People will flock to see this probably terrible Rogen movie just to see what all the hubub is about.Political satire blown way out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This was all over the news this morning. And the reporters were actually saying things like " if people fear going to the theater, than that proves that cyber terrorists win" And things like that. It was terrible.

But it did make me think of a few things.

What if "marketing" thought this up, just to get people to want to see it?

If it really is the hackers threatening, like others have asked, what about all the innocent people walking into a theater to see a different movie?

And what the heck are these idiots going to do, when the movie comes out on DVD? Blow up the home of everyone that buys it?

Don't they know that they are just making "some" people want to see it more? (and in my opinion, even this won't help, it looks really, really bad)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join