It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Midlands Police ordered back to bases due to fast moving security threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

A fast moving security threat?.

Any serving Police that could tell us why 8-9000 police officers are called back to base?

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just following this myself.....very interesting indeed. Nothing on the West Midlands Twitter, am looking elsewhere.

Couldn't even speculate at this point.

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Unless there is a threat to the police department itself this seems a bit foolish. Why don't they just announce they are all going home so everyone can loot, rape, pillage and party on the mayors from lawn lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Where is West Midlands?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

just west of the middle of England. Where Birmingham is and not talking about Alabama!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is a fast moving fire, it is spreading through the strip mall. Dunkin' Donuts is next inline.

Jk..Let's see where this goes...F&S

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Following Twitter but its a bit sketchy, one person saying that the police HQ was in lockdown, not just recalled, yet another saying they had just been stood down.

CX.

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 8/12/14 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Ah ok...thanks ...Are you, OP, there? If so, is there anything in the sky?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
according to Itv news ;

"ITV News has learned West Midlands Police officers have now been stood down and are allowed to return home.

Officers are back responding but have been told not to use public transport to go home tonight."

www.itv.com...

before this they were told they couldn't go home.....so I'm guessing it was some kind of attack planned (or the threat of one) like the Woolich one possibly?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Possibly. I am skeptical however. Could be just smoke and mirrors.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sounds like that movie with Keanu reeves .....speed? ...Was that it...on the fast moving bus. I hope all stay safe tonight and it pans out to nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is now breaking news, first I've heard of it today. That's weird when I look at the post time.
Does anybody have further info?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So call them from all over the place to one exact center?

hmmmm

All in one basket.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Very weird .

Not to go home on pubilc transport, what's that about.

Is that meant for us or them

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
So call them from all over the place to one exact center?

hmmmm

All in one basket.

Peace

No there are hundred or so bases/police stations,Lloyd house is the HQ its in the city centre

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Honestly, when I read the title, ....I thought the fast moving security threat was a UFO......but now I'm just worried people will be hurt in a train or a bus...will keep an eye on this thread through out the night. Stay safe.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The WMP have spoken...

West Midlands Police continue to patrol the region’s streets while officers have once again been reminded of the need for vigilance as the national security threat remains severe.

The force have implemented additional security measures to ensure the safety of all officers and staff after receiving anonymous information yesterday (Monday 8 December).
Police carThe information which prompted the additional safety reminder continues to be assessed.

Assistant Chief Constable Garry Forsyth, said: “West Midlands Police treat all information relating to matters of security extremely seriously.

“In this particular case we have received information relating to the safety of West Midlands Police officers and police staff. There is nothing at this time to suggest there is an increased risk to members of the public.

“We have taken the opportunity to remind all employees of the need to be vigilant. Our priority remains serving our communities and protecting them from harm. Officers remain on patrol and our staff continue to respond to calls for service as usual.”

Officers were held on duty while they were given the security reminder or as they started their shifts.

Measures included advice about travelling to and from work in partial uniform as well as police station security.

In October the threat level to police officers across Britain was raised to substantial. This means that an attack is a strong possibility.

The national security level remains at severe meaning a terrorist attack is highly likely.

Anyone with security concerns should call police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Yeah so they can be deployed and have better coordination. Trying to do that with such a high number of people spread all over the place would be a pain in the ass.

It's England though so I don't really give a crap. Kidding. Be safe.
edit on 0820141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My guess is that it has something to to with the CIA torture report coming out today.

Can't say why, but i get a very bad feeling about it...
edit on 8-12-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join