It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment. I don't even need to circle it. It is very obvious. Ill post a picture shortly.

Curiosity Rover Picture

What else could it be. Certainly looks man made.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Well, I guess that's all we need for proof, then, right? It kind of looks like something, so that's what it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, I guess that's all we need for proof, then, right? It kind of looks like something, so that's what it is.

Well no. It would be better if we had a human there that could pic it up and check it out or maybe a sample return mission. All I got it this photo =(.

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Well this proves there are women on Mars....haha

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well this is definitely an interesting one. Is that outcropping vertical? I can't see how that thing isn't falling off.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Its a model of the 'US Enterprise' from Star Trek!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment. I don't even need to circle it. It is very obvious. Ill post a picture shortly.

Curiosity Rover Picture

Brilliant,
Obviously, it belongs to my fork'n'knife who threw it out with the instructions, she uses the only thing that is the size of a barge and cleans feck all except a few crumbs, and destroys all the skirting boards. Either it's that, or a lost radiator key, missus would throw that away too, for the same reason, thinking it's part of the vaccum cleaner.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Well this is definitely an interesting one. Is that outcropping vertical? I can't see how that thing isn't falling off.

It is hard to imagine it forming naturally, especially at that location. It looks out of place either way. Nothing else around it or in view resembles it at all. Lost part of beagle 2 maybe lol?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Good spot Xeven!

Just for the record - verified as a genuine Mars Curiosity photo Mars curiosity photo

And that's the funniest shaped rock I've ever seen.

Rat

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It likely fell off the outcrop above, and likely too, a heap of all that stuff has near zero mass, the rock equivalent of balsa wood.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Either artificial or part of one of our landing craft. But not a rock, without a doubt. Great find!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Instead of making jokes about rocks, or making assumptions that something looks like a piece of a larger machine.

Can we ask ourselves WHY something so symmetrical looking is among rocks out of place, how big would it be in estimation, and what it could possibly be?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Instead of making jokes about rocks, or making assumptions that something looks like a piece of a larger machine.

Can we ask ourselves WHY something so symmetrical looking is among rocks out of place, how big would it be in estimation, and what it could possibly be?

we could but then you would have nothing to contribute! =). It is in a few other pictures. My guess is its about the size of a vacuum attachment.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Someone else found it in November and made a video. Just found it doing a search on google and found this video on utube. Funny they thought it was a vacuum attachment too. It must be from one of the space probes.

Vacumm on Mars

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Martians are really going to get mad at us if we don't quit leaving our junk laying around their planet...

Seriously...WTF?
edit on 12/8/2014 by Klassified because: That's better

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Not even a mention of the standing water?

Anyway, if you look at the link pic of the object, above it about 10-15 centimeters there's a big grey rock. Looking at the bottom right, you can see some doctoring work with a different brown colour. - Maybe linked?
edit on 8-12-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Looking at the circular base of whatever it is, seems like some kind of spiny stuff coming out of it. Is that a Jpeg artifact, or is it there? Wierd.
edit on 8-12-2014 by charlyv because: s

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Great Find. For the first time I can write , it doesn't look like a rock to me! However, I have no idea what could have formed it, definitely a winner for old man erosion. Unless it's a lost part, how did it erode like that?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

It likely fell off the outcrop above, and likely too, a heap of all that stuff has near zero mass, the rock equivalent of balsa wood.

What data can you cite that the ground material in that area is "near zero mass?"
That seems to be an absurd comment, and if it were as you say, the Martian winds would have blown it to dust already, and it would not be seemingly perched in a precarious position.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There are other similarly curved rocks in the area.

For instance, this one, taken on Sol 819:

Original Image

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join