It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Grumpy Cat spotted it first.

ETA: Definitely one of the more interesting "anomalous Mars rocks". It took my mind a few seconds to "see" the nozzle attachment, but now I can`t un-see it.
edit on 8-12-2014 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I don't think the end is actually a circle. I also see how it might have flipped up and to the right if you line up the points. I can see it being upside down on our left side.

The entire area is very worn down from wind erosion.

Just look at the "cliff" right above.

It's dried out flaky dirt.. Maybe not dirt maybe clay. Something less dirty and more rock like.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You know, the thing about these anomalies, and correct me if im wrong, is that they are colored afterward right?

So many of the objects seen could look completely different given color. Again, I may be wrong though. I dont know much.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Peculiar-looking thing, but I'd attribute this to a rock being smoothed over by water.

originally posted by: Chickensalad
You know, the thing about these anomalies, and correct me if im wrong, is that they are colored afterward right?

So many of the objects seen could look completely different given color. Again, I may be wrong though. I dont know much.

Nope, these are ordinary colour photos, albeit raw and uncalibrated. Raw Mastcam photos have a greenish cast, and the calibrated images (approaching the "true colour") look pinkish.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Rite. Nvm on that then

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Looks can be deceiving.

If you soften your eyes and think about those old-lady-becomes-young-lady optical illusion illustrations, the thing you say which 'appears to be man made' suddenly appears as just another windswept shelf on the Martian landscape.

I know how I'd wager.

What a way to use your eyes.
I'll owe that it's more fun than watching "Anne Frank's Diary", though.

# 335

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Looks can be deceiving.

If you soften your eyes and think about those old-lady-becomes-young-lady optical illusion illustrations, the thing you say which 'appears to be man made' suddenly appears as just another windswept shelf on the Martian landscape.

I know how I'd wager.

What a way to use your eyes.
I'll owe that it's more fun than watching "Anne Frank's Diary", though.

# 335

Agree totally, the optical illusion, the face on mars, the man on the moon, loads of "anomolies" on NASA photos. They look man made but really, the camera does lie.

BTW - you know a Diary is a Book, read it, its much more interesting!!

I like the "what could this be" approach rather than, yes its man made as its too symetrical.

An eye socket is a perfect sphere but isnt man made, perhaps its a fossil of ancient mars sheep...doesnt have to be man made.

Also, tubes can be naturally forming, what if it was a Stalagtite

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well if the Martians were trying to keep their planet dust free, they did a TERRIBLE job!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Star and frag. Great find.

No one can say this is just a rock. No one.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I found a series of holes in the sand on a zoomed in image of the cylindrical view of Mars on the mars.nasa.gov website. Here is the zoomed out image so you can find it:

Here is the zoomed in image:

close up zoom:

You have to look near the base of the rover. Just move the image with your mouse toward the base and circle around to the correct spot.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cool anomoly, I'm sticking with rock because of the surface texture.
It has a texture similar to the side of an arrowhead.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

now that one is interesting...those holes are in smooth wind blown sand.?
NASA actually pointed that one out. it looks like they were made from below, there isn't much debris around them, like you would see with a drill pulling up material.
I keep looking for the sand worms from Dune.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow, it does look out of place, not a rock

(post by RamsOnTop removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RamsOnTop

I don't think anyone can claim this is a rock,but I am sure someone will try. This may be the one that wakes people up.

I am mystified, though, as to why NASA even allowed us to see this? Surely their filters picked this up before posting. Then to post it with no explanation. Weird.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

I think disclosure is imminent. And they've started to condition us to accept it a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

I don't think anyone can claim this is a rock,but I am sure someone will try. This may be the one that wakes people up.

I am mystified, though, as to why NASA even allowed us to see this? Surely their filters picked this up before posting. Then to post it with no explanation. Weird.

Um, they probably "allowed us to see this" because they aren't actually in the business of covering things up. To the contrary, they are in the business of exploration and providing new information...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Um, they probably "allowed us to see this" because they aren't actually in the business of covering things up. To the contrary, they are in the business of exploration and providing new information...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....hahahahahahahahahahaha...that is too funny.....hahahahah......
wait, you're trying to be funny aren't you?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

They were doing tests on the rovers laser.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

Well this proves there are women on Mars....haha

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO You didn't...but I'm glad you did...now that was funny...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join