It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Sick Of Manufactured Hatred That I Could SCREAM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hello again ATS!

In a moment, I am about to do something that I am pretty sure 9 out of 10 doctors would declare to be an impossibility. I am about to go off on a very emotionally charged and deeply cathartic rant while on my sedating medication. Two milligrams of Klonopin for those interested. According to science I should be a very horizontal zombie at this point, drooling and thinking happy thoughts.

Sadly, that is not the case.

Let me try and get this out the best way I can, by utilizing my own perspective and in an somewhat anecdotal fashion. It seems that my writing works better when I just let it flow and don't try to do much in the way of censoring or overthinking. So grammar Nazi's and English majors, forgive me up front. I know I'm always pretty bad at the structure of writing - even when I try not to be. This time around I am not even faking an attempt. This is pure conversational dialogue. What you'd get if you were at the barstool next to me.

Ready? Ready for the ugly and real thoughts of a man called John or Heff? Probably not - but here we go anyway.

For a very long time now I have sat back, aging and witnessing the reality of the concept of divide and conquer. Hell, for a very long time I happily participated in it because my own ego did the same exact thing everybody elses does - it made me believe that I was right and that there were no alternatives to what I believed. I thought myself superior and, thus, my opinion better.

With age came the realization that I don't know a damned thing. At least not anymore than the next anonymous somebody sitting next to me.

Take it from a guy with a solid white beard and some almost dashing Sean Connery evolving good looks - with a bit of sense and compassion to boot. Things are getting worse in an exponential manner. Everyone is being turned against everyone else. It's no longer as simple as black vs white or rich vs poor. Now the whole mess is so convluded that the Hispanic vote is considered the most important vote to fight for. Why? Because Latino's tend to hate or like everyone else equally. THAT makes them the one factor that could cause a black on white ( or white on black ) race riot to stop dead in it's tracks... if a truckload of Mexicans showed up. They would end up being attacked.

And that's just one of a hundred variations I could sit here and try to discuss. But that's not really my point. Not at all. I am sick to death of discussing a particular issue in euphamisms and disquising rhetoric. Let's call all of this damned gargbage what it really is, broad spectrum ignorance and hatred.

Broad spectrum ignorance and hatred - pure and simple.

We've reached a point where it is not only natural, but actually acceptable for us to paint with brushes so broad that entire swaths of the Nation ( any nation one wishes to choose ) get colored by it. Now we have a European youth who hate Muslims and Pakistani's. We have an American youth who hate everybody, including themselves. And, finally, we have an Asian culture that is moving back towards isolationism, filled with a deep hatred and disgust of the entirety of the rest of the planet.

I've read plenty of sociological studies that want to suggest tribalistic instincts surfacing as the culprit. I say bull#. This is a contrived, planned, and well executed plan to divide us all. It's as plain as the nose on our own faces. And yet we keep falling for it. Why? I think that there is a two fold answer to that. First the constant media bombardment that reinforces stereotypes, reports stories meant to create mistrust between races, sects, cultures, and religions. And, secondly, because we tend to shrug it off as something that happens elsewhere. We think "I'm not part of the problem. I'm a good guy. It's those other people who are stirring the pot."

Wake up call folks. Sure, 'they" stir the pot. And we all gorge ourselves at the banquet that they're serving. The shock stories get ratings and WE are to blame for that. We LOVE to watch this crap and the Nielson ratings prove it. It's high time that WE, as a decent and intelligent species own up to this fact.

Personally, I don't give a rooty tooty raspberry damn about a persons race, religion, nationality, color, creed, or even - to a degree - their history. One of my best friends is a multiple felon. It just so happens that it took me a number of years to learn to like himself. As soon as he accomplished that, his stupid crimes stopped. And they were stupid crimes. He is the only person I have ever known who got nearly 20 felony charges from a simple traffic stop - including the Federal crime of counterfeiting. He did his time, and learned. Why people hold things like that against others is beyond me. Are we incapable of accepting that people grow and change?

I don't care if you're Black, Mexican, White, Hindu, Pakistani, Iraqi, Iranian, Russian, Canadian, Chinese, Jewish, Athiest, Catholic, and so forth. Those are labels and you, as an individual should not be lumped in to some negative crap about whatever "labels" apply to you. You are you and should answer only for your own actions. And if you stand up and do so - then you're golden. Well unless you're a monster sociopath or serial killer - at which point judging is kind of understandable as nobody wants to be forever known as "victim number eleven".

When are we, as a population ( world wide ) going to wake up enough to realize that we're all in the exact same boat. We're all humans with shared interests and obligations. When are we going to cast aside this "me" based culture and learn the simplest of lessons - that others matter every bit as much as we do - regardless of the labels imposed upon them?

Speaking in terms of nature - diversity is a wonderful and necessary thing. It helps to ensure the continuation of a species.

Speaking in terms of culture - diversity is the very reason we have technology, mathematics, the sciences, and the arts.

Yet we continue to piss all over this marvelous and amazing gift because we've let a handful of idiots manipulate us into it.

Yes, you've got it right ATS. I am using some of the filthiest words one can speak today. Love, tolerance, acceptance, compromise and humility. Words that go against the grain in a world filled with people who satiate their own guilt by seeking offense in others.

If there are answers to these issues, I cannot see them. I simply see a fuse burning and the inevitable bomb it will eventually ignite. How sad it is that we are willing to destroy all we have in common over petty bickering about the little things we disagree on.

Such a waste of the potential humanity possesses.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well said Heff...I couldn't agree with you more. I can't watch the news any more...I've almostly completely given up on following politics. I now stay completely away from reading the comment sections from any hot topic articles I might read. It's disheartening to know just how much hate there is out there in the world.

It can really bring a person down.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
May I be one of the first to back you up on every single one of your words a million per cent Heff..

I couldn't agree with you more or add extra comments to what you have so perfectly presented...

*tips his hat off*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 5/12/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
that's pretty good Heff.

The funny thing is that if you realize what is going on and speak about it in public, you are considered a little nuts by others. It's strange, I see a lot of Packer Fans around here with packer jackets and hats on. They travel a hundred miles to go have a tailgate party. We aren't really part of Wisconsin and the whole thing with sports is to get people used to being polarized. Part of our conditioning. These profit from these expensive Packer clothes does not support our local economy much either.

Even the city commissions are a mess. Watching Their meetings is like watching a soap opera. I suppose it has not gone as far as watching Jerry Springer on TV yet. This is another conditioning tactic. They want us to think that we are acting appropriate because we are not as bad as those on Jerry Springer. What happened with TV promoting civility. Where did the shows like Andy Griffith go?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Selfishness, materialism and greed seem to be the fuel for the fire of division.

The idea that you deserve something better just because you are alive, that somehow we should get more from our lives just because our ancestors went from dirt farming without electricity and running water to our generation that has material wealth like they could never have imagined 2 or 3 hundred years ago.

Prosperity or the American Dream has to be worked for, you don't get there by thinking that it is your birthright. Right now, for many people, just the accepted life style is hard enough to maintain these days (a home, electricity, heat, running water, etc.) and this adds to the frustration felt by not getting a head in life on a continual basis, with or without a lot of personal effort.

It is only natural for massive division in our culture when everyone is only looking out for number one and too bad for the rest of the losers. Most people have this attitude that success in life is measured by wealth and the guy with the most toys when he dies is the winner.

Then there is the money god of many religions, the idea that God rewards people for their faith with material wealth. For people like that, wealth and prosperity are real signs of God's approval and blessings, regardless of how you went about accumulating that wealth. Backstabbing and dirty business practices don't figure into the equation if you have gained materially as that alone is proof that you are blessed by God.

Therefore, you are despised, shunned and even mistreated if you don't meet the expectations of our materialist 21st century culture, total division at every level as there are different levels of material success.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Socrates...
Jesus...
Ghandi...
JFK...
Lennon...
Shakur...
Bhutto...
All said the same thing...

Heff, you don't want to be on that list my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ready? Ready for the ugly and real thoughts of a man called John or Heff? Probably not - but here we go anyway.

Heff (John), beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I behold the beauty of truth in your clarity of thought. Your rant was not at all ugly in my eyes. Don't think of your thoughts as ugly but as real. S&F to you brother.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Hefficide,

My dear chap, you have clobbered the nail most firmly upon its pinnacle. Not only have you correctly identified that hatred is a problem, but you have also identified the fact that the source of that hatred is rarely where one is lead to believe by the manipulative mass media, the scheming of governments, and the collusion of big business. Frankly, the thin veils between these facets of the control structure built up around the human race, are becoming increasingly transparent as time wears on, which one would have thought would be to the good, but I sense darkness on the horizon these days.

I am sure I am not the only one who has realised that as time passes, and as the pretence becomes ever less believable, that the actions of those who are hidden behind it become ever more brazen. It does upset me that people are so easily drawn in by these things, but there again, human beings have always been easily led, and what is worse is that now, more than at any other time in history, propaganda is so easy to deliver, either subtly, or out in the open.

However, in response to Scully20's comment, I would say that it is important to keep up with the news, keep up with the information which is available. Now, I realise that one cannot trust the news media worth a damn to report the real news, or indeed to report what they do deem worthy of coverage, without massive and overwhelming bias. But knowing that allows one to read between the spin, and to read between the stories, and not just the lines in them.

You can learn what the media want you to think, and then you can ask yourself why, who does it serve to confuse us on this issue, what issue is being hidden behind this decoy? I say read and watch the news anyway, for precisely that reason!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Heff absolutely well said! It is the TPTB with the huge help of media that keep the people divided. I have been saying it for some time now. If we can be kept at each other's throats it causes us not see the power "we the people" actually have. Fear and hatred are the most crippling and effective measures a ruling faction has to control the masses with. With the help of the internet unfortunately it's grip is strong and aggressive and allows the weak minded to engage in mindless hatred from the safety of anonymity

SnF

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I freed my mind about 15 years ago when I kissed the stoopid "goggle-box" goodbye. I still get all the info and entertainment I need, but not spoon fed by corporate agendas and without the "new whiter-than-white best ever" advertising blipvert junk.

If only we could find a way to set free the couch potatoes and put power back in the minds and souls of those who have become ignorant subserviant consumers that spout knee-jerk responses completely devoid of thought processes.

We have to start with those around us. We can't change the world overnight, but live the life and let others gain jealousy of our freedom and make them WANT to want the same.

Good job we have ATS eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It is very good to read you rant. Yes, it is obvious that it is a game of divide and rule.

Here are some interesting observations from Bob Dylan on this subject from the early 1960s. I hope you do not mind me including it here, but it speaks for your post and says better what I want to say:

Only A Pawn In Their Game Video (live)

"A bullet from the back of a bush took Medgar Evers’ blood
A finger fired the trigger to his name
A handle hid out in the dark
A hand set the spark
Two eyes took the aim
Behind a man’s brain
But he can’t be blamed
He’s only a pawn in their game

A South politician preaches to the poor white man
“You got more than the blacks, don’t complain.
You’re better than them, you been born with white skin,” they explain.
And the Negro’s name
Is used it is plain
For the politician’s gain
As he rises to fame
And the poor white remains
On the caboose of the train
But it ain’t him to blame

The deputy sheriffs, the soldiers, the governors get paid
And the marshals and cops get the same
But the poor white man’s used in the hands of them all like a tool
He’s taught in his school
From the start by the rule
That the laws are with him
To protect his white skin
To keep up his hate
So he never thinks straight
’Bout the shape that he’s in

From the poverty shacks, he looks from the cracks to the tracks
And the hoofbeats pound in his brain
And he’s taught how to walk in a pack
Shoot in the back
With his fist in a clinch
To hang and to lynch
To hide ’neath the hood
To kill with no pain
Like a dog on a chain
He ain’t got no name
He’s only a pawn in their game.

Today, Medgar Evers was buried from the bullet he caught
They lowered him down as a king
But when the shadowy sun sets on the one
That fired the gun
He’ll see by his grave
On the stone that remains
Carved next to his name
His epitaph plain:
Only a pawn in their game"

Copyright © 1963, 1964 by Warner Bros. Inc.; renewed 1991, 1996 by Special Rider Music.

Only a pawn in their game, Heff. Take good care, man. You are a good person.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
People get off on their hate. It doesn't matter what incites it just who it's directed at. They'll continue to have reasons to get angry at other groups and when those run out they'll FIND reasons. There is no enlightening those who thrive off hate as if it were love. Ignore them, kill them with kindness, just don't let them see you with ruffled feathers.. They thrive off that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That was like a stick of electric dynamite straight to the soul!

What else can I add but to say well done and I can't agree more?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A wise man once told me:

"An idealist is only as strong as the soap box they stand on, and that soap box is you and me. If we are not willing to support those who are willing to step up, then the box is nothing more then a house of cards-weak and destined to collapse."

Sorry, that was a lie. No smart man told me that, I made it up. But that's how I feel.

If we are to progress as a species then we need to progress as one and we can't be held back by petty squabbles such as race or religion. But that is a job better left for people smarter than myself, I'd probably be remembered as "one of the first people to have their backs against the wall when the revolution comes."

Now that quote is based in reality.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

When are we, as a population ( world wide ) going to wake up enough to realize that we're all in the exact same boat.

I learned this many years ago, it is what finally caused me to stop being suicidal.

My counselor asked me what happened why are you suddenly ok? I answered, I just saw how we are all in the same boat...together, like it or not. The gorgeous wealthy cheerleader in school I envied was worried all the time, was she looking good, would she age well. The rich were worried will I lose what I have will people stop watching and adoring me? They turn to drugs and alcohol and sex and anger they are all wounded like me. We all pretend, life is an act... but people add their dividing labels to try and feel a part of a group when we are all a part of the group already.

Still some seem to be bailing in our messed up little boat and some carry drills now days.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
TrueBrit, you are absolutely correct...and I do keep up with the news on a daily basis, but much less than I used to, and my news sources have shifted away from many of the mainstream ones. Coming to ATS provides me with some different perspectives on what's going on in the world, which I very much value.

reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I think it really comes down to "How do we fix it?"

The sooner we start working together to design new systems and new approaches, the sooner we can start reaching our potential as a species.

It may be too late to avoid some hard times, but giving up because of that just pawns the problem off on our grandchildren's children. It's also the same thing that happened to us.

Communications technology opens a lot of avenues for new types of social interaction.

We could even create, test, and participate in websites that attempt new forms of economy, education, and infrastructure needs. We have so many tools at our disposal, and so much potential for innovation. I think "TPTB" and the "people" are held back by the same cultural story. The change could start anywhere, but can only be sustained by active participation.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Very Nice Heff. I like it when you come off the cuff like that.

It's true we're being led and manipulated by the MSM to divide
us into hateful sub-groups. But for the life of me I can't understand why...

Our police forces are being armed and trained as para-military forces,
and at the same time we are being bombarded with stories of police
abuse of power by the MSM. It's like they want a revolt and they'll take
it anyway they can get it; whether it's race vs race, creed vs creed, or
an us-vs-them-citizen-against-the state scenario.

And we just keep lapping it up for the most part.

I'm glad that there are people like you who can see this for what it is
AND have the guff to speak out about it...thx

edit on 5-12-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ever stop to think the medication is making you fired up? benzos will do that to people, a tidbit doctors don't like to admit. Who knows maybe the population itself is more medicated than we realize and this is the reason people are getting angry with nonsense...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
3.5%

Again, just so it sinks in...3.5%.

No single government has survived after just 3.5% of the population has risen up against it.

The problem lies in perception. If people don't believe the situation is #ed then why would they want to do anything about it? They wouldn't.

What we need to do is find the rest of that 3.5% that feel the way we do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join