It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officer Who Fatally Choked Eric Garner Wasn't Indicted, Man Who Filmed the Incident Was

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

On the same day one grand jury decided not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who was killed after being put in a chokehold last July, a different jury did indict 22-year-old Ramsey Orta, the man who captured Garner's death on camera.

According to an SILive.com report, Orta told the Staten Island court that he's being framed by police for capturing Garner's death.

“When they searched me, they didn't find nothing on me,” Orta said after his arrest. “And the same cop that searched me, he told me clearly himself, that karma's a bitch, what goes around comes around.”

NYPD Officer Who Fatally Choked Eric Garner Wasn't Indicted, Man Who Filmed the Incident Was

wow...!!

I don't know about anyone else but, this is seriously disturbing~! Not even sure what to say except for the fact that, I really really do hope and pray that is we can TRUST what the GJ did find evidence of that gun but the article does not say he had a permit to carry .....IF he even had one...

no need to state the obvious.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Komodo because: becuse I must

edit on 4-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2014 by 3u40r15m because: blahblahblaah

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Where does it say he had a permit to carry? Plus he was caught trying to pawn the gun off on Alba Lekaj.

Then there is this from the article:

"Despite Orta's claims and a not guilty plea, a Staten Island grand jury indicted him Wednesday with single felony counts of third-degree criminal weapon possession and criminal firearm possession. Orta is also accused of misdemeanor weapon possession and has two cases currently pending — one for accused robbery and the other for allegedly punching a man collecting bottles outside of his home."

Looks like a trouble maker, this should not be connected to Eric Garner. What happened to Eric Garner was wrong. plus there were other videos taken that day by different people and they have not had any problems.

edit on 4-12-2014 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

Where does it say he had a permit to carry? Plus he was caught trying to paw the gun off on Alba Lekaj.

Then there is this from the article:

"Despite Orta's claims and a not guilty plea, a Staten Island grand jury indicted him Wednesday with single felony counts of third-degree criminal weapon possession and criminal firearm possession. Orta is also accused of misdemeanor weapon possession and has two cases currently pending — one for accused robbery and the other for allegedly punching a man collecting bottles outside of his home."

Looks like a trouble maker, this should not be connected to Eric Garner. What happened to Eric Garner was wrong. plus there were other videos taken that day by different people and they have not had any problems.

really??

this should not be connected to Eric Garner.

seems to me there is some kind of connection.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Use words, I don't understand what you are trying to communicate.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

sorry ..

typo

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

yea...

just so happens that the guy that took the video had a gun...? Wow .. what a coincidence .. and what IF he had a permit to carry ..?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

yea...

just so happens that the guy that took the video had a gun...? Wow .. what a coincidence .. and what IF he had a permit to carry ..?

If being the key word but he didn't. Also, just so happens that the guy that took the video is also accused of misdemeanor weapon possession and has two cases currently pending — one for accused robbery and the other for allegedly punching a man collecting bottles outside of his home.

Why concentrate on this thug when Eric Garner should be the focus?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sour grapes from the police. Another PR blunder by them but they don't care. I'm a cop. I can do what I want because I enforce the law!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If being the key word but he didn't.

yeeeeah....

thx for the input.. but no cigar from me.. read what you want.. but when they knock on your door for video tapping them and you go to jail .. your tune may change ..

don't think this happens ?? check out YT or Live Leak .. there' s more than ample samples

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

If being the key word but he didn't.

yeeeeah....

thx for the input.. but no cigar from me.. read what you want.. but when they knock on your door for video tapping them and you go to jail .. your tune may change ..
Don't think this happens ?? check out YT or Live Leak .. there' s more than ample samples

Really, "read what you want"? you are the one that provided the source article.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The US justice system only works for the elite and the police that are used to fleece the sheep out of taxes.

It is becoming clear that the Police in the USA are planting evidence and making it up as they go along and are blackmailing witnesses into collaborating their version of events by finding something like weed on them and then reaching a deal to let the stitched up criminal walk free if they cooperate to distraught the truth.

A little bit of weed should not let the police get away murder and when they try that stunt then all those involved should be arrested and thrown in jail for perverting the course of justice.

The Kangaroo courts system needs to be ripped down and we need to start again from the bottom and not from the top.

A man filming a police officer should not have his home searched and then get done with trumped up charges about downloading copyright Torrents and the USA is in desperate need of a truly independent police complaints authority that people can trust.

We won't win playing by fixed laws and talking does not seem to be working

edit on 5-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Will there be riots again?

How come police is killing its own people? Dont say it is because they are black?

And how the hell are people over there carrying guns when going to store?

I m 35 years old and i never see a civilian carrying a gun in my country and if you ask 90% of people living here they wills ay the same. Whats going on in USA?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
See now if the police had body cameras we would have seen them take a gun from the evidence locker.

I simply can't wait, personally. The show cops is severely in need of an update. With any luck they'll decide to record the show live. Than all we need to do is wait until Megan Fox gets raided while she's in the shower.

Bad girls, bad girls, whatcha gonna do?

3 cheers for body cameras, Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip H...ip *crickets* no? Anyone?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
not our fight bro...sorry

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

He was not choked to death. Autopsy revealed cardiac arrest.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

He was not choked to death. Autopsy revealed cardiac arrest.

While being choked.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You see the bandana (or is that banner-dana?) being held up in the image? Have you read the words on it? Have you had a guess at their meaning?

Just above the middle of the bandana, it says in red writing, "Sleep in peaxe Bigg E!" Now, aside from the fact that someone obviously cannot spell the word peace without ballsing it up in a pretty comprehensive fashion, have you yet let yourself wonder who Bigg E might be? Could that be short for Big Eric perhaps? Could that be a thing? Furthermore, as I understand it, one of the elements of gang graffiti is that certain letters after the name of a rival gang or individual, can mean certain things. A "K" being scrawled next to a name, means that the author intends to kill the named individual or members of the named group.

That would suggest that whomsoever it was that created the bandana, might be planning to kill a police officer or two over this, since the bandana also features the following:

"NYPD K".

Here is a link which confirms my understanding of the meaning of a letter K next to the name of an individual or group...

www.oncentral.org...

Now, although there seems to be a focus on gangs whose origins are south of the US/Mexico border, or at least are affiliated with organised criminal enterprises from that geographical location in this article, the "K" thing is not part of a language specific to the Latin gangs, but common throughout street gang culture as far as I know.

Whoever authored this bandana's written content, obviously intended to threaten the NYPD, or at least make them FEEL threatened if they saw it. Whether that means that indeed Eric Garner was involved with a gang in some way, or whether this was just a way for his friends to make those who they hold responsible for his death wonder about their own safety just a little bit is outside my ability to discern. What I would say, is that it would be unwise, if this was some sort of ruse by his friends, for them to continue the ruse. To do so might muddy the waters of this murky issue.
edit on 5-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Edit for clarification.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The word peace is spelled "peaxe" because bloods will not put a C in anything our of their disdain for the Crips, just like crips tend to not use B's or place an X over a B in any graffiti.. You could also assume Bay St Bullies is a gang and you'd probably be correct.

Either way, what happened to Big E was wrong.

Also, what happened to this man is wrong. In my opinions carrying a firearm should not be illegal, constitutional right here in the US that says in plain english "Shall not be infringed", i do not understand how it has become illegal to carry a firearm and nobody seems to care. Felon or not, if you've done your time you should be able to come back to society without a bunch of stipulations like we do, such as not being able to vote or own a weapon and being turned away from most jobs. Doesn't help reintegrate people into a society when you treat them like outcasts after they've supposedly paid their dues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join