It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officer Who Fatally Choked Eric Garner Wasn't Indicted, Man Who Filmed the Incident Was

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Komodo

He was not choked to death. Autopsy revealed cardiac arrest.

Autopsy concluded it was homicide, right?

Anytime a person is killed by another person it would always be listed as homicide. The part you apparently are unaware of is the justification portion on cause of death.

If a civilian and a cop kill someone and a penal facility executes a person on death row, the cause of death in all 3 are listed as homicides.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No they didn't -

Wave of Protests After Grand Jury Doesn’t Indict Officer in Eric Garner Chokehold Case

If the law was broken he would have been indicted. By the way all officers involved except for the one who is accused of the choke hold were given immunity to testify against the officer.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
While this is another sad, maybe even tragic, situation all this could have been avoided, as with the 12 year old who had the imitation pistol with the muzzle painted black and not orange as it should have been.

If we examin these situations from a "common sense" point of view, and not in "poor overweight diabetic black brutalised by the police" or "poor black child shot to death by over zealous trigger happy pigs" mode, then we see that these two cases have share a common denominating factor.

CASE 1 - Tamir Rice was walking the street with a fake gun that had the orange cap removed which makes it distinguishable from a real firearm...why??

We arn't talking about a 6 year old kid playing at war in his front yard with his cousins..any 12 year old who's walking around town with a replica .45 in his waistband is courting death, if not from the police from gangbangers or any citizen with a CCW in the street who fears he's going to be robbed at gunpoint.
At a distance of ten metres you can't tell the difference between this and the real thing..if you were a police officer, would YOU take the chance?

When he was challenged by police he reached for, and pulled out the fake firearm..WOULD YOU TAKE THE CHANCE?

The caller said the gun "maybe fake" who knows...it was retouched to APPEAR REAL..What intentions did the kid have walking the street, and in paticular a playground full of kids, with the fake gun in his possesion..

CASE 2 - Eric Garner..
QOUTE -"Family and friends said Mr. Garner was married with six children and two grandchildren. He has a criminal record that includes more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980 on charges such as assault, resisting arrest and grand larceny. An official said the charges include several incidents in which he was arrested for selling unlicensed cigarettes."WALL STREET JOURNAL

GARNER WAS A CAREER CRIMINAL

Eric Garner had an ample rap sheet..he was no angel.
If Eric Garner hadn't have been on the street doing what he was doing, then then need to arrest him, yet again, and his death wouldn't have been necessary.

These two cases, which certain sectors of American society have chosen to take completly out of their box and use them as a jumping off point for riots and protests, where both unnecessary.

If Garner hadn't been doing what he was doing, and if Tamir Rice hadn't have been in the street with a toy pistol made to look real, then they would both be alive today.

The common denominating factor in both of these cases ISN'T the fact they're both poor black's brutalised by white police, the factor is that these two people provoked their own demise.

If Tamir Rice had been at home studying, playing games or watching tv instead of being in the street with a gun made to look real, HE WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY.

If Eric Garner hadn't have been selling tabacco illegaly on the streets, if he'd have been at home with his 6 kids then he would be alive today.

These two people chose to take the actions they took, they were not coerced into walking the street with a fake gun made to look real, neither were they coerced to sell tabacco illegaly.

So please, America, stop looking at these sad situations as crimes of brutality by the police.

These two deaths were needless deaths which were avoidable and which wouldn't have happened had th two people in question not have commited the errors they had.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

By the way all officers involved except for the one who is accused of the choke hold were given immunity to testify against the officer.

Like they could show their face in the locker room the next day if they did.

Cops don't go against cops. Unless cops don't 'go along'. Ever see Serpico?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I will take my first hand experience over your ignorance any day of the week and twice on Su days.

Life is not a movie.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Life is not a movie.

Read the book then. Its not a novel. Serpico was a real person and encountered corruption in law enforcement everywhere he went.
Like I just said in another thread to you, history repeats itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I usually agree with you on things man but, this one i just cant.........

If you watch the video they clearly used excessive force..........

Yes he died of a heartattack.......

But when youre in bad health 350+lbs , have a heart condition and ashthma...........and all the sudden you cant breathe.......

Yeah, id say you could very well have a damn heart attack........

Theres no reason that this situation should have escalated to this point........

When you facilitate someones death either directly or indirectly, thats either murder or involuntary manslaughter.......

He should have been indicted on the latter at the very least
edit on 12/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Theres no reason that this situation should have escalated to this point........

You're right, if he'd had stayed at home instead of being in the street, doing what he should'nt have been doing...he'd be alive.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

It`s sad that there are so many gullible people who so easily take the word of a criminal over the word of a police officer.

Has he been found guilty in a court of law yet? No? Then he is not a criminal....yet

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It`s sad that there are so many gullible people who so easily take the word of a criminal over the word of a police officer.

Has he been found guilty in a court of law yet? No? Then he is not a criminal....yet

If I kill someone and they don't catch me..following your theory, until they catch me and find me guilty, which could take years, I'm not guilty...yet??

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

well he wasn't convicted for this but he had quite a varied criminal record, and as matter of fact he was out on bail for the same thing they were attempting to arrest him on in the case, and that where this happened, was right next door to where he was arrested last time.

if you do a search, you will find that garnar has been arrested 30 times in the past for such crimes as, resisting arrest,grand larceny, and yes selling unlicensed cigarettes.

as you pointed out in another thread, convicted felons do have a hard time making it in the real world after they serve their time. but it is also known that the many convicted felons also repeat their crimes time and time again.

you would think that if garner didn't want the one cop to " mess" with him he would have quit selling cigs, or at least moved from their beat/ patrol area, where the cops there knew him and his past record.

edit on 8-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The flaw in your argument is his medical condition. Law enforcement did not have that info so using it in a 20/20 hindsight manner does not work.

What they had was a person who resisted arrest and fought.

The entire incident could have been avoided had he just complied.

Anytime a person kills another person its listed as a homicide. The question then goes to was it justified or not. In order to answer that question you have to look at totality of circumstances.

Hind sight 20/20 cannot be applied.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

If I kill someone and they don't catch me..following your theory, until they catch me and find me guilty, which could take years, I'm not guilty...yet??

You are innocent until a court says otherwise.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Well "innocent until proven guilty" you tell me? It what both our legal systems are based on!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

as you pointed out in another thread, convicted felons do have a hard time making it in the real world after they serve their time. but it is also known that the many convicted felons also repeat their crimes time and time again.

And its that hard time why they keep repeating there crimes. Its a self perpetuating circle. Country's that's focus on better on rehabilitation of those after they come out of prison have much lower re offending rates.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

you would think that if garner didn't want the one cop to " mess" with him he would have quit selling cigs, or at least moved from their beat/ patrol area, where the cops there knew him and his past record.

No but selling unlicensed cigarettes hardly warrants summary execution does it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
ok ... let me call out the elephant that sitting in the living room .. which is not how Garner got choked out, it's about a US citizen that was arrested on charges for illegal gun possession, who just so happened to be the very man who video taped the cop that performed the chokehold ....

-this has huge implications, and some are already have been put in play since 9/11, people being arrested for taking photos/videos at our national historic sites such as the Lincoln Memorial to prevent terrorist agendas; however, being jailed for video tapping LEO's should NOT be a crime

still just trying to keep this thread on track .. so i'm going to post this AGAIN.. AND ...

Xcathdra ...STOP DERAILING MY THREAD.. !! THE TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT IF THE COP WAS RIGHT IN KILLING SOMEONE.. THE TOPIC AT HAND IS......>>>>>>> SOMEONE WENT TO JAIL ON GUN CHARGES ...WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE THE SAME PERSON THAT VIDEO TAPPED THE COP COMMITING THE CRIME .. AND WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF THAT .. ??

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I didn't derail you thread so stop being an ass.

I addressed the false argument people are trying to make over this. Its not my fault you didn't bother to read or understand what's being discussed.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I feel pity for the black man, how can the police do that to that guy? the racial issue of US always remains.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
I'm a cop. I can do what I want because I enforce the law!!

I believe this is the mentality for some officers.

Yesterday I was going to the store and I have to pass the police station on the way.

There is a stop sign before the station.

I was behind two police vehicles and both ran that stop sign - fortunately there were no other cars the other three ways.

I get to the stop sign and make sure I do a complete stop.

For some reason the first vehicle parked across the street from the station and as I proceeded forward the officer darted across the street in front of me.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

He broke two laws - failure to make a complete stop and jaywalking.

He appeared to be quite young - of course that is no excuse.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Were they on a call?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join