It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Issue EVER - In History - Period.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Let's face it ATS. What I am about to discuss might well be the number one trending topic on the Internet currently, and yet we are not, as a community, discussing it at all. There are waves of absolute outrage rippling across the Cybersphere. There are even those who say that they are so scarred for life that their entire childhoods have been destroyed. Others, on the countrary side, fight back.

A war is brewing. Skirmishes are already happening and we are ignoring it.

Forget ISIL. Forget Governmental corruption. Forget Obama. Forget Putin's posturing. Forget China and their army of hackers. Forget hunger, war in the middle east, police brutality, disease, religion, and all else that has plagued mankind for eons - because now we have a truly dire and relevant discussion that needs to take place. The most important dialogue in the history of mankind is opening and we must make sure that the great minds of ATS engage in it. We are a think tank and we can find answers where others will fail.

Are you with me?

Of course, I am discussing this:

The new lightsaber from the upcoming JJ Abrams film "Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Never before have so many felt so much about a singular image. Everything else pales in comparison.

For days now my RSS feeds, scrolls, news sources, social media pages, and just about all else has seen the war brewing. I have seen things man... horrible things. I have seen the worst and best of humanity already, and this war is just starting. Here are some examples of how bad things are getting...

And those are just the tips of the iceberg. This issue is so polarizing and important that even political pundit and genius Stephen Colbert broke character and addressed the madness to try and keep the peace.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am a megageek and Star Wars is more of a religious thing to me than actual religion is ( to a degree ). It is THE FRANCHISE that has spanned my entire adult life. A New Hope came out when I was 11 and I've been a stringent follower ever since. I own all of the movies and have seen each one dozens and dozens of times - even the new ones. But this has me worried.

We survived the damned Ewoks intact.

We somehow managed to rise up from the ashes of Jar Jar Binks...

But now? A bunch of people who do not mind, at all, the concept of sound in space or that a muppet is the wisest being ever suddenly find science when faced with what I see as one cool as lightsaber design??? COME ON?!?!?!

THIS is more far fetched than explosions and sounds in space???? THIS IS MORE OF A SNAG THAN:

People!!! Get it together!!! We GET MORE STAR WARS! WE GET A BLACK STORMTROOPER! It's an amazing time to be alive! Please STOP this nonsense about a lightsaber hilt and the physics behind it.... IT'S SCIENCE FICTION! You have no trouble accepting that the light just magically knows when to stop and what color and shape to take on... but this hangs you up????

I need my meds.

Oh, and Happy Holidays ATS!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Worst. Lightsaber. Ever.

When I clicked this I thought it was going to be a thread about the death of Beth!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Don't see the issue really, but I just enjoy starwars for what it is.

Not some nerd bible collection.

People just like to overreact over stupid crap.
edit on 3-12-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Worst. Lightsaber. Ever.

When I clicked this I thought it was going to be a thread about the death of Beth!

Oooooh, I'm not even really a fan and them's fightin' words. That's a bad-ass lightsaber! A hand & finger demolisher in the wrong inexperienced hands, but it's sick as hell & can pile on the insult to injury when used right.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That light saber looks like it could be very dangerous for the wielder, almost as bad as that dearth maul one, one wrong move and your slicing pieces of yourself off lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side, kid." --You know who

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well from the movies, didn't young vader and Luke both get their hands chopped off? Think another one did too.
It would be about time for an upgrade.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Heff your thread has caused me to lose all hope in humanity...I even began hoarding the most basic essentials to life itself...now how do I keep 6 tons of hickory smoked bacon and cheddar cheese safe for the long haul?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Can somebody explain the big damn deal with the black storm trooper?
The guys wear full body covering, how do you know what color they are under those helmets? The majority of them could have been black from the first movie.
A better question would be why are their only 2 women in the first trilogy?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Stormtroopers at the beginning were all clones of Jango Fett. In the original trilogy ( which takes place after the latest three prequels ) no Stormtroopers are shown - though their voices are not a match to Jango - leaving the presumption that, at some point, the Empire started adding recruits to their clone army.

In fact the black stormtrooper issue is also making quite a few online people angry for some reason.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think George Lucas should have spent a little more time avoiding the huge plot holes in these movies. I always thought he got lucky with them, same for j k Rowling.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Resemble a Claymore more than a sword, looks like SW badassery at foot here, lets hope the ships are something to marvel at this time around. I expect nothing less than the Eclipse SSD to make an appearance and maybe some decent looking star fighters this time around. The N-1 was beautiful but the rest look terrible compared to the original ones seen in the first 3 movies. I didn't know I repressed this much nerd and geek over the years.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ah yes, the key word,"a lightsaber hilt and the physics behind it"

What a bunch of PC cry babies! I noticed it first time I saw it and I said to myself, "That makes sense, wonder why they didn't do it originally". After all, an enemy light saber would surely slide down the main 'blade' projection and slice your arm off. Many if not all swords have HILTS for that very reason and also blocking techniques!

Get over yourselves and the PC delusion....

edit on 3/12/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I love the look of the saber but it shouldn't have had metal on the hilt it should have been just light.
If a guy is fighting him and his saber goes down the blade of the new sith it will cut the hilt off due to it being metal.

I don't care If Iam a nerd Iam a dark sith of the force....Mahahahahahha Mahahahahaha.

Anyhow long time no see Heff
good to cya agin fella

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Watch the linked Colbert interview! He covers that!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I retract my statement after hearing him (only read what he said in the wrong country
).
It would still protect the hand because the light is under the metal
I love being a SW nerd

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Colbert explains.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Stormtroopers at the beginning were all clones of Jango Fett. In the original trilogy ( which takes place after the latest three prequels ) no Stormtroopers are shown - though their voices are not a match to Jango - leaving the presumption that, at some point, the Empire started adding recruits to their clone army.

In fact the black stormtrooper issue is also making quite a few online people angry for some reason.

OMG!
How do you KNOW this stuff???

(deep seated dislike for all the Fetts ever since my grandkid refused to play Marco-Polo at the lake and we had to play Marco-Boba Fett!!!)

Could a 4yr old pick a more obscure SW character???
btw....putting together the all the SW lego's bites too!!
Why oh WHY is there even a red R2-D2??? D-5 or something or other....just kill me.

and I LOVE Star Wars!!
More geek-dom...the Mandalorian page
www.facebook.com...
edit on 3-12-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

If you watched attack of the clones it was all explained in there.

Oh and just because Star wars.

I'm Boba the Fett

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
Resemble a Claymore more than a sword, looks like SW badassery at foot here, lets hope the ships are something to marvel at this time around. I expect nothing less than the Eclipse SSD to make an appearance and maybe some decent looking star fighters this time around. The N-1 was beautiful but the rest look terrible compared to the original ones seen in the first 3 movies. I didn't know I repressed this much nerd and geek over the years.

OH PLZ GOD..ANY GOD......1 axial turbo lazer, the death star had 6.

Million man crew dozens of devisions of 501st(Vaders fist) tens of thousands of tie advanced a dozen full on ready made bases for planetary insertion and dominance......PLZ GOD....PLZ....this is ascifi nerds wet dream come true.

Eclypse was the ultimate hate weapon fast stealthed poweroverwhelming.....

In gamer speak it would be described thusly "ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS".

edit on 2014bWednesdayv49201412 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join