It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NLBS Swear Word Collection Jar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hey everybody!

I had an idea the other day about my sometimes over the top swearing in some episodes. I'm thinking about starting a month long tally of my swearing. Each swear word would approximately be worth $1.00 USD. At the end of the month, the total amount would be donated to a charity. I've got a couple of charities in mind like; The Alzheimer's Association, Crossroad Hospice and The Inner-city Foundation

What do you think? Do you have a different charity in mind?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

haha i called you out on a thread that got deleted earlier just for this! I personally don't mind it..but I was wondering why some posts here get a nasty "warning" in their inbox for bad words when the nlbs has bad words in them as well. I think it is just words and you should be able to say as you want...it is your content, but im sure someone out there will always be offended by language.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The charity of KawRider9 works for me.

Honestly though, any charity that helps our veterans or children would be my choice.

Unless ya want to put it in my beer fund.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The Autism Society or Autism Speaks...

Now I will want you to swear MORE!!!

AB

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The F bomb is forbidden but the word "intercourse" isn't? Aren't they the same thing?

I can say "vagina" but other words for it are not acceptable?

Not to mention, but isn't swearing originally using the "Lord's" name in vain?

I dig the donating to charity thing, but I think your bending to the ridiculousness of political correctness.

Sticks and stones......

Edit: Saying what you say and how you say it, does that really take away from the facts? No matter what you say, I can guarantee, you will offend someone! So whether or not you use language that may offend someone, bottom line, even if you used their idea of proper language, they would still be offended.

Being real, isn't a sin!

edit on 3-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea.

-Villalobos Rescue Center
-Wounded Warrior Project

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Just make sure you check out the charity and that a major portion of their donations actually go to the cause and not for administrative costs and huge salaries or telemarketing costs and commissions.

Having said that Joe, I think you could say the same things and be just as effective without all the f bombs. The f word is a great word but it loses it's punch when it is repeated incessantly.

That is my buck fifty

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
Do you have a different charity in mind?

Great list! I'll add this to for your consideration - Sjogrens Foundation .
For obvious personal reasons ...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I personally don't give a #. Sometimes when you are forced to discuss asshole people doing really #ing stupid #, it's best to just use a little "bleep"....sometimes obscenities make a point. I think it's silly to think its juvenile or shows a lack of articulatation. So long as not abused and used properly they truly do work well sometimes as verbs, adj, nouns etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Since it's December, why not put off choosing a charity, go back over the past episodes, and do a quick "Toys for Tots" thing this month?

I'm sure there are some kids in your area who could have their entire lives changed by a visit from Santa Joe. Firehouses are almost always aware of which kids are in need - as they tend to visit poorer homes in the role of paramedics/ first responders quite often.

Just my off the top of the head thinking.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good idea NLBS, looks like you will be quite a contributor

Since you asked, I offer up for consideration:

Big Brothers Big Sisters of America

Keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No comment other than i think the idea is great, and brilliant marketing to this niche.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Bwahahaha !

Some charities are going to be raking in the dough, little doubt !

Cussing is a hard habit to break, particularly when a person gets all riled up having a discussion about something... you're up a creek without a paddle, matey.

edit on 4-12-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think you have a good idea.
It would be fun if the filming were interactive and we could goad you into coughing up the dough but there is no shortage of reasons that merit strong opinions as it stands so go for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

3 Ways to Stop Swearing.

Good idea! Swear a lot, it's for charity

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What an excellent idea!

Go out and find a homeless person and give them the money.
It is better spent that way IMO.

Still wanna see that disco ball...lol

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses! I've implemented the idea in our recent video which is uploading now. For this one I've choosen Alzheimer's Association

originally posted by: Darkblade71
What an excellent idea!

Not entirely a bad idea.. I'll sit on this one and think about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
Thanks for the responses! I've implemented the idea in our recent video which is uploading now. For this one I've choosen Alzheimer's Association

originally posted by: Darkblade71
What an excellent idea!

Not entirely a bad idea.. I'll sit on this one and think about it.

I guess it depends on the jar. Personally I need a forklift to move mine.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So how much is in the swear jar and who'd you give the money to? Frankly, a worthy charity getting some money out of NLBS might be the only redeeming thing about NLBS in my view.

Maybe I missed a discussion on this, but what I also really want to know is are they going to change this TAC for NBLS?

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

Because I think it's #ing beyond next level bull# that this heavily promoted and apparently ATS-endorsed collection of crap gets a free pass. And even though I don't get offended by swearing, know that we give words their power, and believe that there is a time and place for it, this "show" or whatever we call it, just turns me off with the overuse of the profanity, seemingly for profanity's sake.

I didn't get it on day one of NLBS and still don't.

ETA: Yeah, as I figured, I got censored but you don't. Total hypocrisy.
edit on 1/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join