It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest ancient block confirmed, It's a Monster.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wonder if the reason they never finished moving these megaliths was because something in their time happened and the project was abruptly ended. Possibly a new ruler took over or even a cataclysmic event could have stopped the project from continuing.

They were able to stack these megalithic stones so I doubt moving them was the problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

i can see from 50 feet away it is hardly exact

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I can't imagine how the master builder could even write
up the purchase order for this size of block?

Not to mention the stone cutter receiving the PO.

" Yeah no problem, you can load up what I have left in
stock. And I'll have the rest for you by tomorrow".

I am firmly compelled and have to believe that the
word scale has not been used sufficiently enough concerning
the culture that produced these blocks. We know nothing
of even the size of the people who produced them.
What ever was cutting, moving and building stone block
on this scale? Was surely able to make easy work of it also.

The real fairytales are being taught in the universaties.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Somewhere a long time ago there's a guy in charge of building something that was going...Where did we put that block! I'm so getting murdered over this....

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but, how could something be "confirmed" when the size has been estimated? If "most" of the block is still buried, then the size cannot be truly known....right? SO, how could it be confirmed at the largest when they had to estimate it's size in the first place?

Perhaps they should wait to make wild claims until they dig out the entire thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Wondering if the ancients (some of my best friends...) planned on moving these blocks to some project site. Then, when they tried to pick them up, they found out that the stonecutters had transposed a number or two. But seriously, what was the purpose of cutting such large blocks and leaving them there? Kind of like an open house? Sales promotion? Thanks for the thread, this stuff is the bees knees (and the ants pajamas).

I know what stopped them, 80 days of constant rain lol. Nothing today can lift these stones and every engineer will tell you there is no way normal humans did back then, especially with the cuts that we do to Granite today with modern wet saws let alone the perfect fitment to the other stones together to make the strongest structures ever.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

They were able to stack these megalithic stones so I doubt moving them was the problem.

The Flood stopped them! In the Luxor there are carvings and paintings on the wallls showing the Nephlim Giants standing with normal Humans. They also show the Giants moving and carrying these stones to build the temple. It also shows how many of them that it took to move one of the massive statues at the gate to the temple. 100 Giants to drag it on a sled into place.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Please tell me you have some links?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

This is one of the statues that was drug on a sled into place by the Giants in the one picture. 100 humans could not drag that statue 50 miles from where it was quarried.

www.messagetoeagle.com...
i45.tinypic.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

muhammadabdo.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One would have to be terribly Naive to think ancient man did this and all the other Colossal buildings in Egypt alone.

www.youtube.com...

Watch that and you will quickly understand!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
One would have to be terribly Naive to think ancient man did this and all the other Colossal buildings in Egypt alone.

www.youtube.com...

Or, one would have so little faith in the fortitude and determination of man (who and all the time in the world) to say it was impossible. It was also impossible to break the sound barrier not too long ago. But, man persisted and accomplished that too.

How little faith we have in mankind's desire to accomplish great things when we need to rely upon some imaginary outside force to help us puny humans. Personally, I don;t think we need any outside help to accomplish great things. As a nation, we have forgotten how to look at the seemingly insurmountable and say, "We Can Do It". Today, we say, "We Can't Do It."

Shame really.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I thought Hezbollah was occupying that site?

I assume they are not letting western archaeologists dig there?

Giants were on the earth in those days...............

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They could use a mirror to refelct light across the block. A dark powder could reflect the light across all high spots. You would just need to have the mirror in the right spot.

a reply to: caterpillage

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

27 BC I don't believe that. The foundations of the Roman temples at Baalbek are a mystery. Where are the written texts about the movement of such stones? Why those foundation stones are so much more weathered? Etc.

From www.evawaseerst.be...

Something straight from The Coming Race:
The Vril could lift gigantic 'dead weights '. A Gy says it like this (freely translated): 'How motionless dead matter may seem, it’s constantly on the move, because the particles from which it exists, are subject to vibration. The Vril can affect that particles in a subtle way , making even the greatest weights able to move.'
Update: 21 October 2014: magnetic levitation gets the news. www.forbes.com... Yet another invention that is actually more than 12,600 years old? If magnetic levitation could lift houses it surely could lift the gigantic building blocks of the pyramids or the blocks at Baalbek (for example).
Very strange indeed.
Is what follows hypothetical? Not really if you take into account the numerous indications that there once was a (totally perished) advanced civilization on earth.
One hundred and fifty years ago no one could predict the immense revolution in technology (only if we take into account the extraterrestrial issue we can explain it). Today scientists experiment with magnetic forces that seem to come straight from The Coming Race.
So you should not wonder why many are convinced that the novel lifts a tip of the veil.
The technological revolution we are experiencing now is coming from the so called gods that totally perished 12.600 years ago according to Plato and taken into account the latest discoveries about the end of the ice age, and some other things you can read in the site above.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder what they were planning to make with that stone, and how come it was abandoned?

The clue may be in the year of abandonment. 27 BC was the year that Octavian was declared Augustus (honorific title) but after years of Civil Law much of the Empire was pretty lawless, particularly parts of what became the Eastern Empire.

So possibly too many warring Generals in the area, or even no troops to maintain order as they had been withdrawn elsewhere. It is also possibly a simple matter of the artisans and craftsmen being sent somewhere else on a rebuilding job after a couple of decades of civil war.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
She's beautiful. Amazing, amazing work on the part of all involved. From the Era of her inception and construction to those who have brought this megalith to light today. I've read all the readily available articles online, but there is no mention of the composition of the stone. I'm a bit of an amateur geologist and there is a little part of me inside that is curious what type of stone she is. Is anyone more familiar with the region willing to offer insight? I would be most appreciative. Apologies, as I am a serious novice in this realm and I'm not very adept at digging for info online yet. Thanks in advance for your time.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
there is a new find of megalithic blocks in Siberia... the pile of masoned stones of which some dwarf the ones' in the OP and at Baalbeck

www.theepochtimes.com...

The stones may be larger than the Baalbek stones in Lebanon, which are currently thought to be the largest used in an ancient structure. Comparing photos of both sites, with people standing next to the stones to provide a sense of scale, the largest pictured Gornaya Shoria stones seem a third or so bigger than the Baalbek stones, which weigh about 800 tons.

The average weight of stones used to build the Great Pyramid is about 2.5 tons. The Stonehenge megaliths are about 50 tons each.

The stones at Gornaya Shoria are stacked about 130 feet (40 meters) high, according to Jensen. They appear to be carved into rectangular blocks, with some forming passageways.

careful the link site has pop up ads all over the place... the singular pic does not do the megaliths justice
I will go to RT to see if I can find that recent discovery with puny humans standing on the huge, cut stones

ADD; another set of pics from the explorer on this link:
earthepochs.blogspot.com...

These megaliths reach well back into the mists of pre-history, so far in fact, that conjecture about their 'builders', methods, purpose and meaning is pure speculation, and as such, I would hesitate to offer any observation at all, other than to say our pre-historical past is richer than we ever dreamed.

John Jensen

edit on th31141770723904332014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

www.youtube.com...

Right. Because aliens flew here in a space ship and then...worked with stone. Because, logic. It's always so amusing to see people here talk about how amazing and smart we are and marvel at what we "were able to do while were not being oppressed" only to then claim that man is way too stupid to have pulled this off and so he must have had help from aliens, lol. Which is it?!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I wonder if the reason they never finished moving these megaliths was because something in their time happened and the project was abruptly ended. Possibly a new ruler took over or even a cataclysmic event could have stopped the project from continuing.

Those are a bit smaller and depending on what source somewhere between 25 and 60% less in weight.

The heaviest stone moved in antiquity was the Ramesseum and it mainly moved by water transport (probably) and it was around 1,000 tons

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

If interested I would suggest read the DIA reports of the site. The Germans excavated Baalbek for nearly a century.

Link to Blackmarketeers excellent post on this subject

Deutsches Institud of Archaeology has the main studies on this building: most appear to be behind paywalls.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join