It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Threatens Use of Nuclear Bomb in London; UN Ambassador Warns of 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This article on International Business Times is stating that ISIS has been collecting Nuclear material from the Iraqi university in Mosul. ISIS has collected a plethora of weaponry through its many conquests in the Middle East including Tanks, Humvees, machine guns, short-range anti-aircraft artillery, and shoulder-mounted rockets but they all pale in comparison to a Nuclear or Dirty Bomb. ISIS has already threatened to set one off in London.

According to media reports, ISIS militants have stolen 40 kilogrammes of uranium in July and used it to make a "dirty bomb." The Mirror noted that British bomb expert Hamayun Tariq was identified as among the militants who issued threats to the West online. In 2012, he left his home in Dudley and went to the Middle East.

On his Twitter account under the Muslim name, Muslim al-Britani, he announced that ISIS has a dirty bomb and revealed they militants found radioactive material at the Iraqi university in Mosul. He went on to say ISIS will study what dirty bombs can do and talk about what happens when it is detonated in a public area.

What does ATS think of this news?

au.ibtimes.com...-So

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sounds like the Jewish media/propaganda machine is in overdrive.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ISIS is the richest terrorist group in recent history. I'm sure they could purchase a WMD on the black market if they really wanted to. I think the difficulty would come in obtaining the ability to actually launch and detonate a WMD effectively. This would also apply to their alleged dirty bomb.

Regardless of this news, i am experiencing some déjà vu here. It's starting to sound similar to the events preceding the 2003 invasion of Iraq. That said, this situation is probably more urgent...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've been following ISIL and their stolen uranium. I've wondered where they would detonate their dirty bomb and I'm not surprised they threatened London. This could all be misdirection but truth is the potential is there and no place is safe.

Thank god we invaded Iraq. The world is so much safer now.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well, we pulled out early. What did everyone think was gonna happen in the power vacuum?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Pulled out early? Seriously?

Guess who knew exactly what would happen loooooong before it happened?

If Only Dick Cheney Had Listened To This Iraq War Critic...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The first thing I thought when I read the title:
Illuminati playing cards

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
According to NBC, ISIS Has Master Plan for Pakistan, Secret Memo Warns, where they have developed the world's smallest nukes. There was a thread about it in july '13.

No point here, just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If they've got it, we'll let them use it. Haven't had a crisis for a while, and the bigger the crisis is, the bigger the "solution" is.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Is that 40Kg of Uranium, or 40Kg of enriched Uranium? There is a big difference!
If enriched, then where did it get enriched and processed, as the Iraqis do not have the facilities to carry out enrichment and processing.

Another scare story to keep the sheeple scared and wanting action to protect them from the bogeymen thousands of miles away.

Edit to add..... a "dirty bomb" (a made up thing from the military marketing and fear masters) is NOT a nuclear device or weapon of mass destruction by any stretch of the imagination. It's right up there with the other mythical entities, such as suitcase nukes, Unicorns and Democracy.
edit on 387Wed, 03 Dec 2014 02:17:41 -06001731200000014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I reckon these people get an email telling them what the threat for tomorrow is.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sounds like more BS to scare the masses.

To be fair though we do all need killing off so if they do have a nuke hats off to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

What is mythical about strapping enriched uranium to a conventional bomb …? Not a WMD, but it could do some very serious damage nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Surprised they didn't just go to Niger and buy Uranium Yellow Cake. I hear that's the "in" thing to do, just ask Saddam.

Life is so silly sometimes.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I..... a "dirty bomb" (a made up thing from the military marketing and fear masters) is NOT a nuclear device or weapon of mass destruction by any stretch of the imagination. It's right up there with the other mythical entities, such as suitcase nukes, Unicorns and Democracy.

I have it on good athority that unicorns are real. My little one says so...there just hiding.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: Britguy

What is mythical about strapping enriched uranium to a conventional bomb …? Not a WMD, but it could do some very serious damage nonetheless.

There has never been a "dirty bomb" used.... anywhere.... ever! I think the only one ever made and detonated was in a test by the US department of energy, to study it's effectiveness and any lingering effects.
It was a made up scenario to scare the masses when all this terrorism silliness was first started by that retard Bush and his equally retarded control freaks.

No, it won't do any serious damage at all. Sure, the explosive will of course do some damage, but any radioactive material attached will just be vapourised by the initial explosion, and any that isn't will be scattered over a wide area and washed away by the wind and rain after a short while.

It's like saying my car is a nuclear weapons delivery system. Sure, I can put it in the back (with the seats down) and using the satnav, deliver it to it's intended target with pinpoint accuracy (while also avoiding traffic jams and speed cameras!). But the reality is it's just a car.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ok, bad example, I'll concede the unicorns analogy was a bad one, but I'll stick with the mythical description for the suitcase nukes and democracy!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
ISIS is the richest terrorist group in recent history. I'm sure they could purchase a WMD on the black market if they really wanted to. I think the difficulty would come in obtaining the ability to actually launch and detonate a WMD effectively. This would also apply to their alleged dirty bomb.

Regardless of this news, i am experiencing some déjà vu here. It's starting to sound similar to the events preceding the 2003 invasion of Iraq. That said, this situation is probably more urgent...

More urgent than the Blair propaganda back then of "40 minutes warning of Iraq attacking Britain with either a nuclear weapon, a dirty nuclear bomb or a chemical or biological weapon"...remember that piece of crap?

That 'intelligence report', which was actually taken and regurgitated from a University kids thesis written about a decade earlier, was used, together with that simpleton idiot ex-US-president Bush and that evil slug Cheney jabbering and dribbling on MSM every five seconds to instil a sense of urgency and fear and brought us into the illegal Iraq war in 03.

I'd say you're right on with the Deja vu thing..it's almost a carbon copy of 2003.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I reckon it's just scare-tactics. TPTB want us all to flock to government buildings and insist they protect us by invading the ME.

Even if it were true and London does get nuked, I'm sure the rest of the world's nations won't sit on their hands whilst wondering if they're next to be nuked. It would be a suicide move for ISIS. JMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Edit to add..... a "dirty bomb" (a made up thing from the military marketing and fear masters) is NOT a nuclear device or weapon of mass destruction by any stretch of the imagination. It's right up there with the other mythical entities, such as suitcase nukes, Unicorns and Democracy.

A dirty bomb is a bomb wrapped in old prawn magazines - won't do much damage and a good way to get rid of prawn!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join