It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chariots of the pharaohs discovered at the bottom of the Red Sea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey Guys

I was listening to a radio show tonight and this topic was brought up.I had never heard of it before and it caught my attention.

I had a look on google and i found a site (below link) there are some compelling finds on there and this was one of them,among others.I am familiar with the 'ancient nuclear war' concept from the Indus valley regions to castles in Scotland etc.

So to many, this info will bolster the notion that the bible (for the most part) is a compilation of true events,I concur with this probability.

It's a bit late this end, so this isn't a thread intro to top all others,so apologies there; i just wanted to share this with the wider audience here on ATS and hopefully provoke some interesting discussion and ideas.

I will do my best to tend to the upkeep of this thread,i'm sure you Guys will keep it warm though!

Here it is: www.arkdiscovery.com...

edit on 2-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

The human leg and the chariot wheels and axles are fascinating!

3500 year old human leg! The article didn't go into detail but, I'm assuming they tested the leg for the accuracy of the age.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Are people still buying this crap? I had hoped Rob Wyatt's scaly tendrils would cease to be a part I my waking world once he died. Apparently that was some serious wishful thinking because he's been dead 15 years and he still keeps creeping across my computer screen like some drunken, dancing cat meme. Why does nobody ever seen to catch in to the fact that if Ron Wyatt had found ANY of the items he claims to have located then the Israeli Antiquities Authority would have made them their poster boy and he would've been front page news. He doesn't even get an honorable mention.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

The human leg and the chariot wheels and axles are fascinating!

3500 year old human leg! The article didn't go into detail but, I'm assuming they tested the leg for the accuracy of the age.

They sure are Magestic Esoteric!

I am dubious whether finds like this will ever be given the attention they deserve, as they fly in the face of what is taught,not only that but it would release a very big can of worms;this is the kind of thing Velikovsky highlighted in His research,which was also shunned by mainstream, again for fear of confirming so called myths.

Now as many outthere know, this would have happened during the Exodus (as you say roughly 3500 years ago) It is also suggested that this event was actually a tsunami (not god magically parting the sea)

This can be added to the mounting body of evidence as well, that would support the passing of planet x/nibiru etc at the time frame of circa 1600bc hence the tsunami,which seems linked to when Thera blew Her top in the same timeframe.

You got me started now lol thanks for popping in!
edit on 2-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Are people still buying this crap? I had hoped Rob Wyatt's scaly tendrils would cease to be a part I my waking world once he died. Apparently that was some serious wishful thinking because he's been dead 15 years and he still keeps creeping across my computer screen like some drunken, dancing cat meme. Why does nobody ever seen to catch in to the fact that if Ron Wyatt had found ANY of the items he claims to have located then the Israeli Antiquities Authority would have made them their poster boy and he would've been front page news. He doesn't even get an honorable mention.

There is certainly something to this,many of these finds are unexplainable? except that they do correlate with real events that have been documented.

I think i explained above (as you posted) why they don't get the attention they deserve,but nonetheless the truth cannot be suppressed.

There are things going on in this world (and off) that would make this topic pale in comparison to what is actually going on,i have first hand XP in that,so finds like this are not that great a leap of faith for Me..plus there is compelling evidence!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I will admit I mostly skimmed the article since the website is clearly biased, but it seems the long and short of it is since they found wheels and bones in the supposed crossing area that it must of happened?
Seems like we are skipping a few steps on what could of cause that wheel and bone to get there

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah some cool points there thanks! i must say i'm not well versed on this find in particular,so i will have to dig some more,any input is a bonus.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
you wanna know how it happened?

Back in the day they dammed up the nile in order to create aquifers.

The nile was much smaller than it is today from what i'v been researching.

I'm not sure if the dam reduced the water level in the red sea or not.

But all i know is there is a recording somewhere on papyrus of this, When the pharaoh was chasing moses he had some of his people burn down the damn and destroy it as they were crossing. When this happened a torrent of water came and wiped them out.

From what i understand anyways. There are remains of the dam that existed there 3-4 thousand years ago.
If floods along the nile. Also during that time it is also possible that the ocean level was much lower. These are just theories tho and not for certain. But it is known that the ancient Egyptians dammed the nile in order to do irrigation for their crops.

Also, Wern't they heading towards Jerusalem? If so it's directly along the way when you cross the dam to get on the other side of the nile.

Could you imagine a scene where Pharaoh and his guards are chasing the slaves across the Dam. When suddenly Moses orders his archers to shoot flaming arrows at piles of hay stacked in the dam causing a blaze that weakened it. Then the water broke through the dam and off the pharaohs and guards go with the *flood waters*.

What followed after such a hypothetical event would be famine. Drought. Basically if you were Egyptian. You would really hate this guy.

The flood would of probably brought in some frogs too. Given that the nile was dammed. So all the irrigation systems they had become flooded with debris.

It would of seemed like the frogs just *appeared* as if they fell from the sky.
Many first borns worked as farmers in Egypt. So when they went to work the feilds, they got sick because of malaria *The flooding would of brought in swarms of moskitos*.

So the Egyptians blame the losses of their first borns on Moses.
He marked eached family with malaria because of the hypothetical dam being destroyed.
During that time sorcerers and magicians were feared and in many cases were persicuted.

So the Egyptians basically said he was a witch. The story got around and Moses and his followers altered the event because they were fanatical Jews. That's just what they did. Even their own self fullfilling prophecies have no bounds to the exaduation applied in the text.

Or maybe he really did part the sea with a wooden staff he picked up off the ground with a snake he wrapped around it. Who knows! But there would defenantly be medicine in Jerusalem. So anyone who was inflicted along the way would of been treated when they reached the city.
edit on 2-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I second this motion Peter.

Wyatt also claimed to have discovered the Ark of The Covenant at Jerusalem underground. The man's enthusiasm made him delusional. He claimed to have found the real Mount Sinai in Saudi Arabia, too.

All that website is Wyatt's so called "finds". He is laughed at by serious archaeology and it is no conspiracy.

Please don't believe this fanciful nonsense. Look into it deeper yourselves. Question the ridiculous propositions you are being asked to believe at that website.

edit on 2-12-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Quite a bit of conjecture on your part.
If all the first born died from working in the fields how did all the royal families lose their first born?
As far as heading for Jerusalem and getting healed they headed out into the desert to wander around for 40 years.
And anyway we all know that the red sea was actually the reed sea and the Egyptian army drowned in ankle deep water.

originally posted by: AnuTyr
you wanna know how it happened?

Back in the day they dammed up the nile in order to create aquifers.

The nile was much smaller than it is today from what i'v been researching.

I'm not sure if the dam reduced the water level in the red sea or not.

But all i know is there is a recording somewhere on papyrus of this, When the pharaoh was chasing moses he had some of his people burn down the damn and destroy it as they were crossing. When this happened a torrent of water came and wiped them out.

From what i understand anyways. There are remains of the dam that existed there 3-4 thousand years ago.
If floods along the nile. Also during that time it is also possible that the ocean level was much lower. These are just theories tho and not for certain. But it is known that the ancient Egyptians dammed the nile in order to do irrigation for their crops.

Also, Wern't they heading towards Jerusalem? If so it's directly along the way when you cross the dam to get on the other side of the nile.

Could you imagine a scene where Pharaoh and his guards are chasing the slaves across the Dam. When suddenly Moses orders his archers to shoot flaming arrows at piles of hay stacked in the dam causing a blaze that weakened it. Then the water broke through the dam and off the pharaohs and guards go with the *flood waters*.

What followed after such a hypothetical event would be famine. Drought. Basically if you were Egyptian. You would really hate this guy.

The flood would of probably brought in some frogs too. Given that the nile was dammed. So all the irrigation systems they had become flooded with debris.

It would of seemed like the frogs just *appeared* as if they fell from the sky.
Many first borns worked as farmers in Egypt. So when they went to work the feilds, they got sick because of malaria *The flooding would of brought in swarms of moskitos*.

So the Egyptians blame the losses of their first borns on Moses.
He marked eached family with malaria because of the hypothetical dam being destroyed.
During that time sorcerers and magicians were feared and in many cases were persicuted.

So the Egyptians basically said he was a witch. The story got around and Moses and his followers altered the event because they were fanatical Jews. That's just what they did. Even their own self fullfilling prophecies have no bounds to the exaduation applied in the text.

Or maybe he really did part the sea with a wooden staff he picked up off the ground with a snake he wrapped around it. Who knows! But there would defenantly be medicine in Jerusalem. So anyone who was inflicted along the way would of been treated when they reached the city.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

I second this motion Peter.

Wyatt also claimed to have discovered the Ark of The Covenant at Jerusalem underground. The man's enthusiasm made him delusional. He claimed to have found the real Mount Sinai in Saudi Arabia, too.

All that website is Wyatt's so called "finds". He is laughed at by serious archaeology and it is no conspiracy.

Please don't believe this fanciful nonsense. Look into it deeper yourselves. Question the ridiculous propositions you are being asked to believe at that website.

...in case people think it's just non-Christians:

There are many Christians who will quite happily dispute Ron Wyatt's claims, too. I agree wholeheartedly that if Wyatt had discovered the Ark of the Covenant, we'd know about it. It would be global news, not just grainy images on a bad web site.

With that said, however, there are many good scholars who have investigated Jabal Al-Lawz and argued that it does indeed fit the Biblical picture. Many of these people reject Wyatt's claims regarding the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's Ark etc., but have done independent research in the same areas.

One such video would be this:

www.youtube.com...

...and the flipside, a 'debunking' of that video and the arguments regarding Mt. Sinai, is here:

www.youtube.com...

It's worth watching both, then coming to your own conclusions.
I don't agree with *everything* in the latter video, but he makes some excellent points that are worth consideration.
Either way, my own starting point on the issue is that the Bible's account is accurate; the discovery of the actual sites etc. is, in some respects, just a matter of scholarly debate, interesting though it may be.

It's as Jesus said, though. "They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them. As it is, even if someone were raised from the dead, they would not believe."

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I will admit I mostly skimmed the article since the website is clearly biased, but it seems the long and short of it is since they found wheels and bones in the supposed crossing area that it must of happened?
Seems like we are skipping a few steps on what could of cause that wheel and bone to get there

What steps are you referring to?

I'm not very well versed into history dating back this far so, I'm interested in hearing your point of view as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Many people with vested interests criticise Mr Wyatte but I for one actually believe him, for me though the earth is very old but that in no way effect's my religion, still that aside this site may also interest you as well as suplement what you find on the Wyatte site, he died stating this as fact and I for one find him plausible and honest, a man with faith like that would not lie.
That Chariot axles and wheel's have been dismissed by some on here as simple coral formations, but corral has to form on something, also the arabian side of the crossing is interesting there are more video's showing the site of the alter of the golden calf with egyptian apis bull's scratched into the stone near to another site that matches the possible tabernacle enclosure, there is also the split stone with sign's of water passage and the blackened topped mountain that Mr Wyatte believed to have been the mountain of God.

Telling is the almost panicked behavior of the Saudi athority's and there closing of the site to outsider's but a doctor who is a devout christian and worked for the Saudi family recieved permission to visit the site, look for his

This is another site that has been identifed as the mountain of God, there are some five thousand year old ruins of a large encampment near to it's base and there is a famous glyph without writing of the two tablet's of the ten commandment's scratched into a rock, there is a twelve stone alter infilled with earth and many other markings showing that this site was regarded as holy for a very long time, but I do believe that Mr Wyatte's black topped mountain is the mountain of God and this is just one of the site's of the 40 year wandering.

www.6000years.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How much more proof does one need...

And he took off their chariot wheels, and they drove them heavily; so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for Jehovah fighteth for them against the Egyptians. Exodus 14:25

Guess what's all over the site at the bottom of the sea where they crossed?

Chariot wheels!

originally posted by: RevelationGeneration
The most simple answer is usually the correct answer, and in this case those chariots wheels were found right near the place the event was said to have taken place, whats the chance of that happening like 1 in a million.

originally posted by: Bigwhammy
The archaeological data confirms the Biblical account. The chariot wheels found under the Red Sea were only used during a particular time period which is the exact dynasty corresponding with the Exodus account. The place of the crossing was marked by pillars that were likely erected by King Solomon.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

edit on 2-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

So you believe wooden chariot wheels would survive at the bottom of the sea for how many years?

May I suggest you look at what survives from maritime wrecks of that period and also consider the effect of teredo navalis.

I would also challenge you to produce an underwater terrain map of the Red Sea that doesn't come from a fundamentalist site.

I would also ask that you look up the meaning of the Hebrew word suph.

Additionally why would a site on the Gulf of Aqaba be considered part of the reed sea or even red sea?

As for Wyatt....unfortunately his stuff is so seriously flawed it's hard to believe..........

Here is a close up of the 'chariot wheel' which is looks more like a metal part of a maritime engine than a chariot..

edit on 2/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Peter it might be good time to do a thread that looks at Wyatt's claims. I'd do so but am buried at this moment with work. There may be some existing Wyatt threads here or at the religion forum.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
So you believe wooden chariot wheels would survive at the bottom of the sea for how many years?

No sense in discussing that since we both already know the answer...

Does the Old Testament itself identify yam suph with any particular body of water? It does in several places, but the clearest and the most unambiguous is in 1 Kings 9:26, “King Solomon also built ships at Ezion Geber, which is near Elath, in Edom, on the shore of the Red Sea [yam suph].” Presumably the wise Solomon would not have built his ships on an inland reedy lake, since he would not have been able to get them out!

In summary, it is clear from the biblical reference to where Solomon built his ships, that yam suph refers to the head of the Gulf of Aqaba. By extension, it may also refer to the Gulf of Suez and to the main body of the Red Sea as well. I have found no evidence that yam suph was ever used to refer to an inland reedy lake.

...the crossing of Moses and the Israelites occurred at the Hebrew yam suph, meaning Sea of Reeds, which was later called in Greek erythra thalassa, meaning Red Sea, both terms referring to the Gulf of Aqaba and probably also to the Gulf of Suez and the main body of the Red Sea.

Biblical Sea of Reeds is the Red Sea

FYI: everyone is a fundamentalist...

So what is a science fundamentalist? It's someone who accepts unquestioningly whatever "scientists" or "Science" says about anything under the sun-usually while subjecting the Word of God to the most intense scrutiny. All he needs to hear are magic words-like, "the science is settled," or "the consensus among scientists is..."-and his brain shuts down.

Are You a Science Fundamentalist?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
FYI: everyone is a fundamentalist...

That's quite the strawman you set up.

Maybe Satan droped a couple sprockets when he was planting dino bones.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Hanslune

No sense in discussing that since we both already know the answer...

I'll take that as a concession that you were wrong. Thanks

Oh one other thing Murgatroid the link you made was to an academic in a mainstream university

By Colin Humphreys
Professor and Director of Research
Selwyn College,
Cambridge

I thought you had been screaming over an over again for several years that all mainstream sources were suspect and fake?

Please explain this apparent contradiction? Why is this mainstream academic okay? lol

Some people who don't agree with Aqaba

Yet another guy with another idea...

Yet another idea

What? Another idea

So what is a science fundamentalist? It's someone who accepts unquestioningly whatever "scientists" or "Science" says about anything under the sun-usually while subjecting the Word of God to the most intense scrutiny. All he needs to hear are magic words-like, "the science is settled," or "the consensus among scientists is..."-and his brain shuts down.

Sorry you are wrong I question science and your comment is a strawman argument, did you actually think that would work? - do you question religious stuff that is made up and given to you? Can you tell me when you were skeptical of religious claims?

edit on 3/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Wow, i've been To Nuweiba, and in fact stayed in the bamboo huts on the beach at Basata some 10 metres from the shore and swum amongst the coral.

All of the divers and instructors had a lot to say about the place, it's a real attraction. It's odd that none of these people who spent countless hours underwater there mentioned this land bridge.

I mean, it's a pretty cool thing, and you would expect to hear about it. Most of them can't shut up about the underwater features there.

I'd be keen to see some more info on that, like Hans said, from a non fundi source. Plenty of geo surveys should show this and it would be impossible to refute then

edit on 3-12-2014 by skalla because: typo

ETA:
Interestingly This Biblical Archaeology Site completely rejects both Nuweiba and Wyatt:

REJECTED: Nuweiba Beach: The impossible crossing As proposed by Ron Wyatt: The video "Exodus Revealed" and "The Exodus Case" by Lennart Mueller are all Wyatt's work. The Gold of Exodus is worthless to truth. "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem. In order to excavate one must have at least a BA in archaeology which he does not possess despite his claims to the contrary. ... [Ron Wyatt's work] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc." Archaeologist Joe Zias of Israel Antiquities Authority, IAA. Bob Cornuke's The Exodus Decoded, and video, "The exodus Conspiracy" are as worthless as the work of Ron Wyatt and must be discarded. Wyatt's archeological work on Mt. Sinai is also worthless, without any factual basis and must be rejected.
edit on 3-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

Ever been to Nuweiba, Murgatroid, and dived there?
edit on 3-12-2014 by skalla because: added reply to M.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join