It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chariots of the pharaohs discovered at the bottom of the Red Sea?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77
Why is there no record in the extensive Egyptian history of any Pharaoh drowning at sea? One would think that would be important to note.

Not to mention, how would hundreds of thousands of escapees know that the Pharaoh died when they didnt turn back? How many weeks would it take that many people to travel on foot?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Why would a ultimately powerful god need a 'land bridge" or any of this other drama? Snap the old metaphysical fingers and the work is done....odd isn't it, especially as 'he' knew exactly what was going to happen before it did......lol

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
It's odd that none of these people who spent countless hours underwater there mentioned this land bridge. I mean, it's a pretty cool thing, and you would expect to hear about it. Most of them can't shut up about the underwater features there.

Did they also fail to mention that the name Nuweiba actually means "Waters of Moses Opening"?

I did a bunch of traveling courtesy of the US Navy but Nuweiba was never a port of call on my tour.

That biblical archaeology page you cited is run by a Church of Christ pastor BTW.

IMHO that fact destroys all credibility...

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this. I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Why is there no record in the extensive Egyptian history of any Pharaoh drowning at sea? One would think that would be important to note.

Simple...

Ancient Egyptian historians successfully utilized an extremely powerful mind control technique.

It was known as "history".

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda." Source

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

originally posted by: undo
Mainstream egyptology could use some truth serum. some of the biggest people in egyptology are so mired down in lies to cover lies, avoidance of evidence, reinterpretation of everything that has a political or religious connotation they don't like and desire to rewrite history to fit an endgame, that looking to them for real evidence has been relegated to the hunt and peck method.

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
We must not forget that Jesus was convicted for being "King of the Jews" -- a threat to Roman superiority, and the rule with Rome concerning such "traitors" was 'Damnatio Memoriae' or "Damnaton of Memory" -- they erased the person from history, much like how all statues of certain pharaohs have had their faces chiseled off and names wiped away from official seals etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Ancient Egyptian historians successfully utilized an extremely powerful mind control technique.

Ancient Hebrew historians successfully utilized an extremely powerful mind control technique

It was known as writing stuff and calling it the word of god which some people seem to take as 'gospel' - pun intended, lol

I see you conceded all the points of our conversation and, again, you run away from a debate.

Sad isn't it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: peter vlar

Peter it might be good time to do a thread that looks at Wyatt's claims. I'd do so but am buried at this moment with work. There may be some existing Wyatt threads here or at the religion forum.

Hans,

It's definitely past due for a fresh look at the "science" of Ron Wyatt and I'm all too happy to tackle it. I'm just going to need a couple of weeks. I leave for Tulum in 3 days and when I get home,I will probably do a thread on that site with the mountain of fresh pictures I plan on taking. As soon as that's wrapped up though I'll tackle Wyatt and his interesting version of history with a look at what he's actually basing it off of along with his "evidence". Not that much of it could actually meet the criteria for evidence but I'll look at everything he presented objectively and see what comes of it.
edit on 3-12-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

But that biblical site that you say is not reliable (bible.ca) is the source of one of your pictures Murgatroid, that you used as supporting evidence

And re the name of Nuweiba, you are only half right, as Nuweiba means spring of water, it's full name adds the "Moses" element. The town is infact only about 50 years old though, and takes it's name from a castle that is no more than a thousand years old, which takes it's name from a far, far wider geographical region that has no specific attachment to the nub of jutting land by the modern town, where this supposed and un-evidenced land bridge is claimed to be by a known huckster who is disowned by other Christians.

But this actually doesn't matter.

Place names are not solid evidence of the existence of things, unless you fail to understand the role of folk-lore and the ignorance of which ever twit coined the name in the first place.

There is a Woden's Town and Woden's Field where i grew up. Is this proof of the existence of Woden/Odin?

By my parent's home is a Robin Hood's Leap, Devil's Arsehole (For real, no joke) and Thor's Cave.

Does Thor exist now? After all, i have never seen an ice giant, and place names prove that both he and Odin exist, and there is documentary evidence that is more recent than the bible that speaks of their walking amongst men, as well as documentary evidence of their human ancestors.

I love how you quote ATS members as "proof" with no context. Of course, we cannot talk about members, so i'll not de-construct that too much, but it's a lovely dis-informational tactic, hats off to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And ya'all still believe in this crappola?!?!? For one... it will never be provin' one way or the other. to much time has passed. And no matter how much proof is gathered by each side... no one can definitively prove either story! GET OVER IT!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How did I know once I read the title of this thread that it have to do with Wyatt? I can't believe people still believe this crap.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Yes, history is often made to look more valiant than it was, and tyrants are often removed posthumously, when there's no fear of being killed by them. Nero, Caligula, Stalin are good examples.

But you failed to equate this same principal to the Hebrews. Their history is whitewashed by people (ie. the genocide of Canaan, Levite purges of disobedient Hebrews in Exodus 32, treatment of women, keeping of slaves, pagan animal sacrifices, etc).

One would think they would simply give a supernatural explanation that he died valiantly?

Thutmose 3, who is usually cited by religious people as the pharaoh of exodus, still clearly wasnt drowned by a parted sea AS WE HAVE HIS MUMMY!

The Hebrews didnt even know the name of the pharaoh who employed them! How does that work?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Of course the Hebrew culture only came about after the exodus and many of the slave's may have been nubian as well but I digress have a read of this.
www.jewishjournal.com...

Now obviously I am christian by my belief and persuasion but it is worth noting the similarity in ancient hebreic faith and the egyptian religion's as I shall outline now.

The ladder of Osiris
The Ladder of Jacob

The scattering of Osiris body to the west, east, north and south
The Scattering of the seed of Israel to the west, east, north and south

The Resurrection of Osiris (has direct parrall's in the resurrection fo christ but that is not from the earler hebrew period)
As it this (King of the two land's - Alpha and omega - the keys' of heaven and hell)

The Egyptian believe in a land of Contentment to the east
The Promised land of the Hebrew's - milk and honey

The list goes on and on and only cross cultural influence for a prolonged period of perhaps several hundred year's would be sufficiant to explain the apparent borrowing of one culure from the other and the sharing of belief and idea's

If you don't know the book of Osiris the Almighty god of the Dead and murdered King of Egypt one of the son's of the creator god then I would suggest you re read ancient egyptian text translations and the old testament there are far too many similarity's to be accidental.

edit on 3-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It has to be a hoax. Why? Because the "Red Sea" associated with Moses was shown to be a translation error and the original texts were talking about the "Sea of Reeds" which is a lake located nearby. So all of the people talking about the parting of the Red Sea are incorrect. By the way, those wheels look like they have been put there quite recently.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

It was not Shown to be a translation error it was postulated it may have been a translation error which is quite another thing entirely, the person who claimed it was a translation error was pushing there own theory that the piller of fire and smoke was santorini and the tidal wave of the exploding island was the parting of the sea or reed's so they constructed as much ellaborate data and drew as many possible explanations including translation error's to back up there theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Maybe. Wasn't the pillar of fire thought to be the island of Thira blowing up as it is the right time?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
You are absolutely right, the Hebrews were heavily influenced by the Egyptian as well as Babylonian cultures. There are countless parallels in the mythologies and symbolism, because they borrowed ideas as they progressed. The story of Sargon adopted into the story of Moses is the most well known.

It goes much further, the 10 plagues of Egypt were actually specifically designed to spite 10 different sacred ideas to the Egyptian religion. In addition, the Hebrew practice of sacrificing bulls and rams were specifically to spite the Egyptian worship of the Apis bull and the ram.

A lot of their religion developed as ways to keep them separate and distinct from others in the region.

According to Richard Gabriel of the Royal Military College, the "pillar of smoke and flame" leading people across land night and day, was nothing more than a grating fire atop a pole, exactly the same as used by the Egyptians, to lead marches.

Basically when you have thousands of soldiers marching over miles, you cant see the people far ahead. So to show them the way, the smoke would show the head of the group in the day, and the fire would indicate it at night. Pretty ingenious.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I think Thera and Santorini are the same island, Santorini is the one that is the remain's of a massive volcano that was bigger than krakatoa when it exploded and may have ended the micenean culture as well, it created a huge tidal surge.

Some people but not all believe it to be a good location for Plato's atlantis though arguably though there are a great many similarity's it was far too small unless his tale exagerated the island's size and made it's end ten time's further back in time.

It is a little like when the cattacts of the nile wash red silt and clay and that was used to explain the nile turning to blood but it did not factor in the fact that this form of silt would have been known to the egyptians for whome the nile was everything with there live's governed by the yearly flood's which fertilized there field's etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Have you seen the work done on a hebrew temple on the island of Elephantine, long after the time period of the exodus hebrew's lived and worked in egypt and had there own enclave's possibly as trading outposts etc but this miniaturized copy of the temple in jerusalem was sacked and burned possibly by a mob of egyptian's made up of worshipers of Khnum because the Hebrew's would sacrifice Goat's which would offend them very greatly.

archaeologynewsreport.blogspot.co.uk...

edit on 3-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I will admit I mostly skimmed the article since the website is clearly biased, but it seems the long and short of it is since they found wheels and bones in the supposed crossing area that it must of happened?
Seems like we are skipping a few steps on what could of cause that wheel and bone to get there

Totally Agree. I'm skimming the article thinking to
myself, wow, they found some old chariots and
evidence of at least one person who apparently
drowned.

Gee, I wonder how a chariot and a dead person
ended up at the bottom of the sea.

An accident maybe, or homicide?

I'm sure this isn't the first dead body they've
found under the ocean or old Chariots.

Now, if they said they found 300,000 chariots
on the bottom of The Red Sea, than I
would have to admit that's fascinating
and needs more investigation.

Just my two cents.

Rebel 5

edit on 4-12-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Great point. Don't know about 300,000 chariots but a couple dozen would have been better than a single iffy wheel.

edit on 5-12-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The account of the Red Sea crossing never happened and it is not said in the Hebrew bible that the Hebrews crossed the Red Sea. It is written in The Torah Anthology by Me'am Lo'ez - 1730 - (Available to buy on internet) that this Exodus incident was not a crossing of the sea but was a mid sea circling of the Hebrews. The Hebrews lined up at the beach in columns according to their tribes. The sea parted and the floor of the sea became dry overnight. There were twelve canopies (tunnels) separated by a wall of water between each canopy. Each tribe went into its assigned canopy midway into the sea and circled back to the shore from where they started. The Egyptians followed the tunnels and were drowned in the midst of the sea. As they approached the circle of returning, the sea closed on both the entrance and exiting thus trapping them in a complete semi circle of water. The result was that the Hebrews actually returned down shore and on the same side they had started. That is the Hebrew account as understood in their Anthology.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join