It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Faces 2 Years In Prison For Saving Sons Life With Cannabis Oil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is beyond absurd!

It is time that we collectively stand in the face of the oppression of alternative medicine. Cannabis oil has been proven to help so many people, there are a myriad of health issues that cannabis is able to help cure, that is correct the term is cure! The pharmaceutical representatives that somehow pass as caring Doctors need to be held accountable for their at best ignorance, at worst willing negligence in treating people who come to them for help. After 18 different medications, which I can only imagine resulted in some for of iatrogenic complications, finally one of the MDs did the right thing and advised her to try cannabis oil. I give serious props to that Dr because the medical system is so backwards that he could lose his license for doing so!

What happens next is a perfect example of the corruption of our system. They are threatening this mother with 2 years in prison! Prison you know the place where they send violent, psychopathic murderers, for treating her son with medicine that works. There are those who will attempt to focus upon the fact that she "broke the law" Which is fine, if you think that in some way justifies the reaction, I will leave you to that perspective. The ironic part about this is that in July of 2015 Minnesota will be legalizing medical cannabis and her son would have been approved to use it for his condition.

I see the silver lining in these events, that being that there is no one with any kind of ability to critically think who would not be on the right side of this issue. The mother should not only be free of any charges, she should be given an apology and due to the success of treatment, it should be the normal protocol for any poor soul who is dealing with that kind of trauma!

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com...

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oppression & Cure...

The two perfect words to sum up this travesty of justice.

Edit: Big Pharma's monopoly of health is disgusting.
edit on 30-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Oppression & Cure...

Edit: Big Pharma's monopoly of health is disgusting.

It truly is my friend!

Every facet of our western approach to medicine is to line the pockets of Big Pharma. From unnecessary surgeries, to the overuse of MRI/Xrays, to the pills that damage organs as well as the mind, they rely on their iatrogenic complications to keep people on the poisons for life!

There are benefits to western medicine do not get me wrong, in severe cases, it is a blessing. However the application of their technology is missing out a fundamental piece of the puzzle and that is the whole being and our subtle energies that Chinese medicine and Ayurveda bring to the table.

Fortunately we are beginning to see those approaches permeate our collective interest, for as we see our parents fall ill due to the food/pharma conspiracy, the younger generations are figuring out alternatives and inevitably those pharmaceutical representative aka MD's will begin doing their jobs and that is simply opening their minds and exploring other options, than having the balls to stand up to those in the FDA/AMA!

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If Americans can't unite on this one issue...I can't think of another issue that could accomplish it. I MEAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A NATURAL PLANT THAT CO-EXISTS ON THIS EARTH. THAT!!!! All by itself should be enough to wake up EVERY american and make them say ....Wait a minute....what the hell is going on here? This plant epitomizes the description in Genesis of the plants that God gave for us to use and yet it is outlawed !!!! I understand that everyone doesn't agree on how useful the plant is. But you don't do something that is "OBVIOUSLY" wrong in order to prevent what you think "may" be wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Lol right! do not even get me started on the benefits of HEMP!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The hypocrisy is absolutely disgraceful. My advice to this mom, next time make sure you live in Washington DC. They have a program!

I also know the gov are absolute sticklers over CBC concentrates and oils. If it does have anything in it, it has to be derived solely from industrial plants, not medicinal or recreational plants. So you can safely purchase the medication but it's very expensive. Pretty sure they'll start clamping down on that too. The goo can make people choke, it's flammable, it's still derived from the plant, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, move to DC and get safe access to true medication, the way our leaders enjoy it.
If not, then TPTB will come down hard and make sure it doesn't happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

America is a dump. Why anyone wants to stay is beyond me. 2 years in prison for helping her son. What the hell has it got to do with the state???

America is one of the most oppressive, dictatorship corrupt countries throughout history!!!

I don't blame the politicians or the elite, I blame US the people. We are a bunch of useless cowards who do nothing at all beside look out for number one. Im not afraid to say I do nothing to help my fellow man when im clocked out of work. And work is just a means to a fat pension.

We deserve what we have got.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

We are. We've become complacent and apathetic. Most of us are more focused on the football games than the loss of our rights. By consent or by conquest, the world will be taken over. America was taken over by consent, most were too distracted to realize the system they whine about is what feeds them.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Cannabis Oil for medical purposes should have been legalized years ago. Any parent would have done the same thing for their son or daughter.
edit on 30-11-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

TPTB do not have too many options left.

In the case of medicinal cannabis it has now become common knowledge, those that speak against are the ones who are now ostracizing themselves. TPTB may try to clamp down, but if they send a mother to prison over this, they are quite literally shooting themselves in the foot.

It will be legal (medically) in Minnesota in July, she will not end up in prison, the fact that she has been charged is already going to spark an awareness that will continue marching us in the right direction!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

My best friends lives in Minnesota and hasn't told me it'll be good by July. I'm happy it's one small step towards the greater good but nothing short of federalizing it's legality will truly save it imo. There's still so many people who believe the wrong things about it.

I'm someone who has high functioning autism and it truly helped me find my place in this world, allowed me to become more social, identify my behaviors that turned people off, and helped control my OCD, anxiety, depression and occasional insomnia. For this people I know call me a drug addict (while they willingly consume alcohol, tobacco, sugar, etc). America is so backwards.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In my opinion she did the right thing by trying to help her kid. She loves her son unconditionally. I have known others besides me with TBI (traumatic brain injury) and the oils of that plant helped them too. Just because the FDA and DEA do not recognize that the plant is an effective medicine does not change the fact that it has been used to cure over 300 types of problems in humans for over 6000 years in China and the Middle East. There are enough doctors that have spoken up for it, that this should not be a news report that we are seeing. I give props to the newscasters for having the bravery to post a news clip that was ACTUALLY on her side. Props to them for truth in journalism. I also give her son props for having the guts to come forth and speak in his mother's defense. She was unjustly treated.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This just shows how backwards and ignorant our legal system is, and how much damage it does to people. They would have no problem with her poisoning her kid with state sanctioned pills. Hell, they would probably put her in jail if she didn't force the pills down his throat. But she gives him something that works and doesn't poison him, and it's jail time. Regardless, I hope this family leaves and moves somewhere that she won't be a criminal for trying to heal her child.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Your anger is understandable to an extent. Not far enough to not blame the politicians nor the elite though IMHO!

Factoring in the well orchestrated vast conspiracy that has been at work is why I say this. They began applying methods of psychological warfare against the masses all the way back in 1928, immediately following Edward Bernays book Propaganda. Add in the concentration of power of the banks from 1913 and tying them to our major industries simultaneously has led to people being forced to take what they can get.

As they have progressed they used entertainment and pharmaceuticals to create the cowards you speak of. Not to entirely excuse such behavior on our part, however it is a least understandable.

On to what is currently happening, people are out of necessity standing to this Fascist government that you described, change is occurring it is hard to measure it, though, due to the fact that it is happening in our minds and we are now beginning to see it manifest in our culture.

We deserve the change that is coming my friend and it begins with each one of us! The lessons of suffering are compassion and love, begin with yourself and spread it to all who you interact with!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I will have to look into it more, but from the article it said this, also it is so good to hear your story and the fact that it has helped you!!

The ironic turn to this story is that Minnesota is the 22nd state to approve medical marijuana and her son’s condition is covered under this provision. But the law does not go into effect until July of 2015, so their actions are still considered illegal. In other words, medical marijuana is legally allowed to be administered to people with the condition her son has, but the law doesn’t become finalized until July of next year. - See more at: www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com...

ed it on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My grandmother used to travel to Mexico every year to get arthritis meds that were illegal in the US. They were the only thing that worked for her. Nobody ever batted an eye.

We live in a culture of control these days.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Enjoying the "for profit" health care system. What kind of a'holes would charge the mother to begin with..god there are some disgusting people on this planet.
edit on 30-11-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I believe you are correct about that, they are doing everything they can to take away the parents right to refuse their methods of "treatment"

It is beyond absurd the overreach of our medical system, in every single way. They have gotten away with it for far to long and we are no entering a phase of change, these kind of events are paving the way for rapid evolution in the right direction, at least that it my gut instinct.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If an MD prescribed it, and it's legal in her state, then she'll be fine.

As far as I know, there are very, very few MDs (real ones, not the ones you find on the beach in California) that will truly recommend Marijuana for issues like this. Most true doctors won't prescribe something for which there is no measurable dosage.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I will go as far as to say that whoever is against the legalization of hemp/cannabis is either ill informed or is NOT an American....not in the true sense of the word. Our founding fathers saw and utilized the benefits of this plant and they would NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS would have believed for a second that it would one day become illegal in the very country that their blood was shed for. If they had believed for one second that we would some day be stupid enough or distracted enough or deceived enough or chicken enough or whatever enough we were to allow this in the first place. They would have written into the constitution specifically NEVER TO OUTLAW USEFUL PLANTS. But they probably never could have imagined that we would have become whatever enough to let it happen!

<<   2  3 >>

join