It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airwar Over Serbia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Now I want to talk about this in a constructive calm way I will not get angrey or anything and I ask that you don't either? Question 1. In the first gulf war the U.S. lost a total of 28 Aircraft to SAM's / AAA, now we know that Yugoslavia's airdefences are much more advanced and deadlier than Iraq's so how is it that NATO's official statement of how many crafts they lost is one F-117, F-16 and a UAV??????????

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well I all I can say is that at least Iraq didn't shoot down a F-117. I don't know how this all happened but I think that we did lose an F-18 at some point. I'll check to see if the causalty report for the Serbian incident is reliable.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A lot of unmanned aircraft went down but not many piloted planes.

There's alist of the planes shot down in the war on this site here:

www.aeronautics.ru...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
yes we all know that, i've given that link three times to people, and they disregard it as a piece of biased bs, the truth hurts

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am not very well versed in military matters, but I do know a bit about geography.

Yugoslavia is notoriously hilly, while most of central and southern Iraq is laid out like a billiard table.

I suspect that the nature of the operations were quite different; I believe Iraq was a much larger operation, and involved a lot more close support of ground troops.

I wonder if someone could comment on defensive use of radar in mountainous versus flat terrain?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
F*ck those go**am serbs. Im surprised they actually shot down a plane. Theyre idiots. Oh and just so you guys know its not called yugoslavia anymore. Its serbia-montenegro. It just wouldnt make sence to call it yugoslavia anymore. I hope theyll let montenegro become its own country soon.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Croat56]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Did they lose 28 to SAM's? Or was it 28 in total. A lot of losses were due to accidents and malfunctions. What was the actual number of aircraft that were shot down as opposed to other causes?

Also when you say that the US lost them, do you really mean coalition forces in general because a few RAF Tornadoes were lost in low level airfield suppression raids which was a high risk operation and much more dangerous than the high level campaign that most US forces were tasked with. These ops were soon called off because of the losses and different tactics evolved. I don't believe any such ops were even tried in Yugoslavia.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
F*ck those go**am serbs. Im surprised they actually shot down a plane. Theyre idiots. Oh and just so you guys know its not called yugoslavia anymore. Its serbia-montenegro. It just wouldnt make sence to call it yugoslavia anymore. I hope theyll let montenegro become its own country soon.

Hehe...if every country were to go Yugoslavia's way(and believe me most can) then we'd have city size countries all over the world!!Except for the country/ies which instigate the breakup!!

Shame really....

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What the F*ck are you talking about

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i stopped reading that link when it said

7. A NATO pilot admits that civilian targets were deliberately attacked during the operation "Allied Force" and that NATO aviation used chemical weapons and experienced fatal accidents during this operation.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by Croat56

Hehe...if every country were to go Yugoslavia's way(and believe me most can) then we'd have city size countries all over the world!!Except for the country/ies which instigate the breakup!!

Shame really....

Are you an ignorant peace of sh!t. You probably dont evan know what happened.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And i suppose you know?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but the label says so in English.

Actually, I've never seen a 5 x 8 inches or larger flag that was made in China. I just checked mine, it's made by CVS flag corp, USA. I'd be surprised if any American would willingly by a foreign-made flag on principle.

And besides, China's textile industry is being undercut by folks even lower down on the food chain.

My new shirts were made in Azerbaijan, except the flannel one, which says "tashkent." Hmm. I thought that was a city, not a state.

Whatever.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Yeah, but the label says so in English.

Actually, I've never seen a 5 x 8 inches or larger flag that was made in China. I just checked mine, it's made by CVS flag corp, USA. I'd be surprised if any American would willingly by a foreign-made flag on principle.

And besides, China's textile industry is being undercut by folks even lower down on the food chain.

My new shirts were made in Azerbaijan, except the flannel one, which says "tashkent." Hmm. I thought that was a city, not a state.

Whatever.

top topics

join