It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharrell Williams under fire over Michael Brown comments

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Finally someone with some sense! He's right. He shouldn't be under fire. Brown's mom knew how her child was before he got shot. If you steal stuff out of a store, then think you can disobey a police officer, than you should be shot. My deepest condolences, but he had it coming, and the whole riot things is a mother's plea so her child wouldn't get recognized as the bad guy, when in fact he was, and they used white on black as alabel in order to commune that the police officer was the bad guy, when he was just doing his job. Every last one of those people who protested, need to go to jail or prison cause this whole uproar is ridiculous. The rioting didn't solve a damn thing, and now the want to be civilly unrest? No. Sit y'all asses down. Its too late. Your badass kid shouldn't have did what he did lady.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForAce
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Finally someone with some sense! He's right. He shouldn't be under fire. Brown's mom knew how her child was before he got shot. If you steal stuff out of a store, then think you can disobey a police officer, than you should be shot. My deepest condolences, but he had it coming, and the whole riot things is a mother's plea so her child wouldn't get recognized as the bad guy, when in fact he was, and they used white on black as alabel in order to commune that the police officer was the bad guy, when he was just doing his job. Every last one of those people who protested, need to go to jail or prison cause this whole uproar is ridiculous. The rioting didn't solve a damn thing, and now the want to be civilly unrest? No. Sit y'all asses down. Its too late. Your badass kid shouldn't have did what he did lady.

Stealing cigars and disobeying a police officer doesn't mean someone deserves to die. IMHO Michael Brown wasn't a nice guy, as evident by his behavior, but I don't hate him, I don't want him dead. We are still talking about a person's life here, that you so casually dismiss as being worth throwing away. What is the point of police officers having tasers, if not for this type of situation? Without the gun in play Michael brown would never had been able to get his hands on it.

We give cops tasers so as to reduce the number of instances where the have to threaten someone's life when using force. Instead of using this tool for that purpose, they simply use a taser to force cooperation, and a gun when they need to use force. This isn't how it's supposed to be.

It's an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, I find it really upsetting that there are people here who seem take pleasure in the fact that Michael Brown was killed. They are contributing to the inability to discuss this topic logically and rationally, not only because of their own remarks but also because then the pro-brown side associates anyone who disagrees with them as being the same as those running around happy about brown's death.

There is plenty of BS from both sides to make a person angry, but don't let that anger control you. Instead of venting against Brown and his supporters, furthering the divide between peoples, why not just cool down and think things over before deciding to post? Are you really happy he is dead? Or are you angry that the pro-brown crowd is acting ridiculous and it feels good to say it? For the record I believe the pro-brown crowd is definitely being ridiculous, but venting anger against them won't solve anything.

There is blame enough for everyone. For those running the police departments who set the tone for conduct and put officers in situations where they violate people's rights, for the officers themselves who think they are gods, and for the citizens who think they can do anything and abuse anyone just because of their skin color, to citizens at large who's apathy allows these situations to happen in the first place.
edit on 1-12-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The Ferguson community took the biggest dump on Michael Brown's name. They are crying for justice, while they rob and burn down their neighbors business. They took away all credibility with their actions after Michael Brown was killed.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And along with those few bad protestors are the bad cops that shielded another bad cop and took their biggest dump on the community too. Plenty of blame to go around.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

In the heat of the moment on here I'm sure your posts, taken as a single quote, could paint you in an unflattering light too. Doesn't mean we should boil down your whole personality to one post either. That's what your suggesting. You might rethink that or you might be maligned by a single post here too.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Pharrel is a hard nut of a man. I respect him and his activities

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join