It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video released of temir rice shooting: cleveland..:vid in thread:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a still frame

see vid here

fox8.com...

www.wkyc.com...
edit on 26-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
full vid

to be fair that frame was before the incident.

also, the guy that called was in the park, not at the bar

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
not a great vid and no audio.

before this lots of people with the
he was probably playing army man
he was probably playing cops and robbers
he was probably playing cowboys and indians

i think not

he was walking around, by himself, talking on his phone and pointing the gun in different directions in the middle of the park.
a very real ass looking gun mind you

whats the excuse now?

bummer for the kid and the fam......

but, the kid was pointing a very real looking gun in several directions as he walked around

he was NOT 'playing' at all

this is the gun he was carrying when he was not playing army, cops, or cowboys

edit on 26-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

This is an unfortunate event. Sad to see.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I bet the guy who called in in feels terrible.

That being said how would you know the legitimacy of the threat without knowing if the firearm was real?

I mean good lord now they're looking into ways of preventing this through supposed legislation involving airsoft guns.

You can't legislate common sense so how do we solve this problem?

I wouldn't want to have to live with doing this but how far must your back be up against the wall? How do you identify the legitimacy of a perceived threat when intention is all you have to base your actions off of?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

He was playing gangsta thug, he was pointing the gun at people.
There is nothing about his actions and demeanor that suggest he was just a 12 year old kid "playing"

The parents should blame themselves, their lack of common sense and lack of proper parenting is the cause of their sons death.

Acting like a criminal in a high crime city like Cleveland while brandishing a very real looking firearm is just stupid,and wins you the Darwin award, here`s your sign.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

He was playing gangsta thug, he was pointing the gun at people.
There is nothing about his actions and demeanor that suggest he was just a 12 year old kid "playing"

The parents should blame themselves, their lack of common sense and lack of proper parenting is the cause of their sons death.

Acting like a criminal in a high crime city like Cleveland while brandishing a very real looking firearm is just stupid,and wins you the Darwin award, here`s your sign.

i agree with everything you said. i just wanted to be very direct with my opening post and only post facts and not my opinion so people would jump on that.

i didnt say he was walking around pointing it at people cause technically there are no other people in the frame so i said pointing it in different directions....but yeah, he was pointing a real ass looking gun at people.

im sure the cop feels terrible...

i have been told one of the first rules of gun safety is to assume the gun is loaded...
that means the officer had to assume the gun was real.

nevermind the caller that said it was probably fake. that info never made it to the cop anyway and even if it did, always assume the gun is loaded.....

that was a real ass looking gun. this kid was not playing army or soldier or anything else that people have been saying he was probably doing.

he was walking around in a rough area, where there is lots of violence pointing a very real looking gun at people...the caller said that.

people said from the instant this story hit that it was a racist cop that did it for no reason

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree with everyone that has posted thus far...
....that is all.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Growing up in N.Ireland I was taught at a very very early age (8 yrs); That if you pull out a weapon on the street and point it in any direction, especially in that of a police officer or soilder you will be shot.

I was taught this, I wonder if his parents had the brains to teach him that also. If not I blame the parents for not properly educating their son for the 'real' world.
edit on 26-11-2014 by michaelmcclen because: spelling.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Saw all I needed to see in that video. The cop car was parked between the cops and the kid. In my mind no reason to rush the situation and shoot the kid, not to mention the park seemed pretty empty at the time. And I am guessing this is a security cam footage?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Not happy that we can't see or hear the order to disarm or the actual event which is critical to reach any kind of informed conclusion, knee-jerk as it will necessarily be.

That said, this 'kid' doesn't strike me as a 12 year old (not that that actually matters) and he is deliberately pointing what appears to be a deadly weapon at innocent passers by.

This is either a suicide-by-cop (or citizen) scenario or a developmentally disabled baby Hughie type situation.

All I can say is, as a citizen who claims to be possessed of better than average judgement, if I saw this happening I would probably shoot that guy too. I am not sure that I would reveal my presence with a disarm command.

I just posted a defense of this kid in another thread so I am eating my words.

Ignorance denied foul, greencmp, 10 points.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
In my mind no reason to rush the situation

pretty empty does not equal totally empty
bullets can travel pretty far...
always assume the gun is loaded

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
All the more reason to talk the situation not go in guns blazing. The cops dropped the ball bigtime in my opinion. People made it seem like this took place in a busting park and there was no chance to approach and talk.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
All the more reason to talk the situation not go in guns blazing. The cops dropped the ball bigtime in my opinion. People made it seem like this took place in a busting park and there was no chance to approach and talk.

yeah, better take time and give this kid more chances to get a shot off in any direction..
that park is surrounded by houses...people in the park
stray bullets go through walls and windows all the time

always assume the gun is loaded

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Whelp. I don't blame the cop. At all.
The kid is an idiot. I feel for his family, but I also blame his parents. They should have taught him better.
With all of the crime and gang violence in Cleveland, you'd think a 12 year old would know better.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Three verbal commands were issued to somebody who was already observed pointing the gun at people. At some point you have to stop talking and start acting.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sad a reply to: Grovit

But they do have loud speakers and voices that could have said put the gun down, get on the ground. No danger for the police to do that. No proper timely response. Open fire. When i was a kid, most kids had guns ( toys and played outside all the time ) Could have been a mentally challenged kid. The person did the right thing in calling the cops if fearful. Cops love to kill. Much like the military. They cheer and high five afterward. ( celebrate the killing ) If there was no time or no other way, fine you did the right thing. Many of these instances these days have other options. That is why everyone is complaining. Being a victim of police brutality i can attest that not all are innocent. Few are good cops. They all need body cams required to be on all the time and accessible by someone like the ACLU and a defendant.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'd rather risk getting shot than risk killing a 12 year old kid for playing with a toy gun. No way in hell could I live with that. The insanity gripping us needs to fk off already.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

he was probably playing army man
he was probably playing cops and robbers
he was probably playing cowboys and indians

i think not

Yes and Santa too when he threw a snowball up in the air because that's what kids do but then the police pulled up right next to him and the next thing we see is he is dead.

Kids don't play "cowboys and Indians" much these days because the long arm of the law killed all the Indians just about in the USA after moving them to ghettos or what they called reservations.

Reached for his gun, he never put it down from what I could see but if Mr policeman say he did then he must had right!

The USA legal system is a joke and today we learn that a motorist can charge peaceful protestors and not even get a ticket because he said he was scared but in Israel we know that this excuse won't work so you cannot have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I'd rather risk getting shot than risk killing a 12 year old kid for playing with a toy gun. No way in hell could I live with that. The insanity gripping us needs to fk off already.

It's one thing to risk your own life. If the kid had a real gun and started shooting, it not only puts the life of the officers at risk, but also puts the lives of those passing by at risk. Officers are supposed to be protecting the public. And that's what he did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join