It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Vows to fight Obamas immigration Reform.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

More trouble on the Hill.....
Executive Orders on immigration by Obama have the republicans up in arms....
This affects over 5 million people in the country....
Do I sense another debacle where the gridlock of bi partisan politics immobilises the country?

("Spurning furious Republicans, U.S. President Barack Obama unveiled expansive executive actions on immigration Thursday night to spare from deportation nearly five million people in the U.S. illegally and to refocus enforcement efforts on "felons, not families."

The moves, affecting mostly parents and young people, marked the most sweeping changes to the nation's fractured immigration laws in nearly three decades and set off a fierce fight with Republicans over the limits of presidential powers.")
edit on 21-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't how much Boehner can do. Obama should be impeached. His presidency had been absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What's wrong with just deporting the "criminals" as Mr.Obama put it...

Why should impoverished Children & Mothers be sent to the backward territory of Mexico only to be massacred by the drug gangs...

Fair play Obama.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Double
edit on 21-11-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Problem is, many illegal immigrants have come into this country illegaly more than once, making their crimes a felony (doing it once is a misdemeanor, from what I have read).

Why can't people just accept that there already IS a way to enter this country and become a citizen legally--people have been doing it the right way for decades. I don't disagree that the process is overly-cumbersome and could certainly be streamlined, but it exists nonetheless. To basically pardon these millions of illegals who have been here more than five years is a kick to the balls of every single individual who has entered this country legally, obtained citizenship legally, and who is in the midst of undergoing the process as Obama spoke to America last night.

The disappointing truth is that Obama has zero regard for what is right morally, ethically, or for this country--he is only concerned about political posturing (as are most politicians these days). What he did is wrong, and from what I've read, illegal. He has a duty to execute the laws of this land, and by saying he won't, he's pissing on the office of the president. I'm not saying he's the only one that has done it throughout history, but just because there's precedent doesn't alter the fact of what he's doing.

I'm embarassed for my country...and this isn't the first time or the first administration who has made me feel this way.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Although I do not personally like Obama, this time he was right about one thing, congress needed to pass some legislation. They had 6 years to pass something and did not, as an executive he stepped in and said you guys don't want to do it I will. Regardless if there was an alterior agenda or not someone needed to do something. Maybe now congress will actually do something instead of playing grab-ass and fundraising so they can get re elected and do nothing all over again. Our government is all messed up.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We should be deporting criminals anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To be honest, i don't see many problems with Obama's reforms. They are modest and pretty good for what he could achieve alone through executive orders. It isn't the doomsday # Republicans and conservative-minded folk were banging on about. And on the legalities, some experts state that Obama has done this in abiding by his legal requirements. It isn't like he has completely reformed the entire system on a wave of a hand.

And by the way. None of this # would be happening if congress wasn't so incompetent.

Obama gets # done while being a master troll. It's awesome, lol.
edit on 21-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have to agree...the gubernment IS really messed up........
What I wonder is if the situation would be much different with a non divided congress......
What if our reps went to Washington to serve the people and NOT themselves.....?
THIS is the crux of it all........

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Congress doesn't really have the tools to prevent this from happening. It's pretty hard to "defund" inactivity, so unless they are going to vote on some reform, this is a solid play by the president.

Now, as for whether or not this is illegal, I gotta say, if they think the sitting president is committing crimes against the Constitution, and against the American people, and they DO NOT ACT TO IMPEACH, then they are complicit in those crimes and should be held as accessories.

But, of course they aren't going to impeach, because they know that this isn't illegal. It is posturing. They don't want anyone to look too carefully at any numbers because they will see them at numbers that are at 40 year lows.

Why is that? (Because we aren't the same land of milk and honey that we used to be, and the central americans are staying in Mexico)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One thing I know is that if the Republicans fight Obama on this they've all but guaranteed the next Presidential election to the Dems because they'll lose even more of the Latino vote.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I have to agree...the gubernment IS really messed up........
What I wonder is if the situation would be much different with a non divided congress......
What if our reps went to Washington to serve the people and NOT themselves.....?
THIS is the crux of it all........

I agree they shouldn't be self serving their isn't a lot we can do to change that though unless we change the face of politicians all together.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Depends on the crime, but in the context I assume you mean, I agree.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Boehner Vows to fight Obamas immigration Reform
Boehner vows to fight Obama on this
Boehner vows to fight Obama on that
Boehner has the easiest job in DC. Just vow to oppose.
If Obama sought to suggest to all husbands to lower the toilet seat after use, Boehner would oppose it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What's wrong with just deporting the "criminals" as Mr.Obama put it...

Why should impoverished Children & Mothers be sent to the backward territory of Mexico only to be massacred by the drug gangs...

Fair play Obama.

Nothing is wrong with just deporting the criminals, and every single individual who came into this country has either committed a misdemeanor (by doing it once) or a felony (by doing it more than once). The reason their children go back is because we have this tendancy as Americans not to have parents abandon their children because of mistakes they may have made. Of course, they could always put their children up for adoption, I suppose, so that they don't have to take them back...or maybe release parental rights to a willing family, but that takes time that they won't have.

Your appeal to emotion by using the phrase "impoverished Children & Mothers" and "only to be massacred by the drug gangs" is a thinly veiled tactic to get people to use emotion over logic. Hopefully most people can see through what you and Obama are championing.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Good luck with that Boehner.

As President, Obama is the executive over all Federal agencies and, as such, holds the power to prioritize their duties as he sees fit. If Obama tells them to make deportation of illegal felons a priority over other illegals, then he is doing exactly that. It's simple, basic logic; but not a surprise that it is beyond Boehner's mental capacity to grasp.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Boehner Vows to fight Obamas immigration Reform
Boehner vows to fight Obama on this
Boehner vows to fight Obama on that
Boehner has the easiest job in DC. Just vow to oppose.
If Obama sought to suggest to all husbands to lower the toilet seat after use, Boehner would oppose it.

They'll fight him at every corner but Obama had to do this. One of the points he ran his political campaignh for president on is immigration. If he did nothing then there would be complaints about his inaction, if he does something then there are coplaints on what he's done. It's a lose-lose situation but there were more positives with him doing what he has done on immigration.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think more logic than a tactic...

It's not about emotion, it's where your moral compass stands...

If you were president you can safely say you'd send back millions of children to a potential life of s#...
That's on your head.

I'd rather sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

They'll fight him at every corner but Obama had to do this. One of the points he ran his political campaignh for president on is immigration. If he did nothing then there would be complaints about his inaction, if he does something then there are coplaints on what he's done. It's a lose-lose situation but there were more positives with him doing what he has done on immigration.

Then why did he wait until there are no more elections to take action? He has been President for 6 years and only acts now after voters can no longer pass verdict on his policies at the polls.
edit on 21-11-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whats the big deal . He made them a promise and then I get to keep my Dr.!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join