It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever have 'one of those days'....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it started out ok but went downhill fast.
hit the tattoo shop...got a couple new pieces so that was nice....then it went straight down.

our microwave just crapped out so we are driving to the store and i get pulled over...i was going 41 in a 35. he let me slide on the speeding but popped me for no belt(i dont wear a belt. personal choice)....i know, my fault...not pissed at the cop. he did let me slide on the speed but damn...i went online and looked. thats gonna cost me $140.

get to k mart...microwaves cot more than i though....there goes $80.

my wife is not feeling well so i take her home and then me and my daughter go to steak and shake...
everything is going fine until all of a sudden i am wet and ice cold...there was a little walk way aisle deal behind me and a waitress was carrying a tray with 2 sodas and an iced tea....she dropped all 3 drinks down my back.
so, in the middle of eating i get soaked...coat/phone/pants/wallet....all soaked.

of course everyone in the place is staring at me....i just love that...
my daughter is only 2 and she starts saying 'i sorry...i sorry'...
i said honey you dont have to be sorry..you didnt do anything...
then she starts pointing at the lady that soaked me and starts saying "scary monster"....that was pretty funny

the manager comes over with the im sorry's..says he would take care of me...
i sat there wet and let my daughter finish and then i just got her coat on and left...i didnt grab the bill to go pay but i didnt stick around to get 'taken care of' either...
i didnt freak out or anything....accidents happen...
perfect end to a crap day i guess.

how as your day?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Grovit
how as your day?

No where near as s###ty as that man. But hey, you got two new tats and a crap day can't take away that, huh?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

yeah...
i am happy about that...
been a while since i had any work done...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dude, so sorry that happened. I kinda had that topped today. Now listen, I'm not ashamed to share this with y'all.
Got up late this morning. Did my yusual S.S.S. Left the house and about 5 minutes out I realized I didn't take enough time for one of the S's. You can imagine which one it was.
So, I see a McDonalds. Looks too busy. I can make it home.
Not a good decision.
Made it to the front door and the bowls that had served me SO well utterly failed.
Nobody home. Doesn't matter.
Still standing at the front door with a pant full of General Ptsao's chicken in my drawers.
So I am sorry for your bad day and mine.
I hid the evidence. But it will always be in my head.
I can't believe I'm telling y'all this. But what's done is done.
Remember that tomorrow is another day. (And Damn!! Me without my favorite trousers).

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

im sorry man but honestly, im laughing right now.
hope thats cool....

i certainly wish it hadnt happened to you but since it did...

its all good though...ive shat myself several times in my adut life...

you would think that by the time we hit late teens would would learn how not to # our pants....
nope
its a life long learning curve my friend

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

link   

link   

Wow, something went terribly wrong with my post! Guess it's just one of those days! Anyhow, here is a motivational song for when your having one of those days.

m.youtube.com...

Pladuim
edit on 20-11-2014 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's a bad day perhaps a duvet day tomorrow?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

my wife is not feeling well so i take her home and then me and my daughter go to steak and shake...

You seem to be a good guy , give your self some credits

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Spent the whole afternoon trying to back up my phone - had full wifi, yet no Internet. Then had to obtain a new sim card, just really frustrating Internet withdrawal and nothing technical was cooperating.

Reading about the op and the other poor fellow above though - I feel much better about my day

I'm glad for Internet anonymity, so people can admit to things they likely wouldn't normally, it made me chuckle.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
redacted. Replied to wrong post

edit on 20-11-2014 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am not offended at all by your amusement. S**t happens.
I learned a long time ago to just "roll with it".
I might win the lottery one day and step in front of a bus the next.
HA!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

something like that happened to me the other day.
my internet was going out very sporadic like..
called tech support and no outages.
on the phone working it out and 20 minutes in the call drops. have to start over.
another 20 minute call to figure out the ethernet cable from the modem to router went bad.
didnt even know that was possible

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Sounds like you had a good day.
You got some tatts, let off a speeding ticket, got a new microwave and got a free lunch.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

i actually cracked a grin at that..

that thought process never even occurred to me....

i like your version better

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i went down to the court house today and paid the fine..

the thing i find ridiculous about it is out of the $140 it cost me, only $30 was for the actual seat belt violation.

the receipt is in the car so this is not exact but there were about 8 different fees.

something like $12 to the indigent drivers fund
something like $25 for court costs...even though i didnt go to court. i went to the window and paid.
something like $28 for court security
$10 for some kind of record look up....i dont get that one either. i got the ticket yesterday and paid it less than 24 hours later. she said the statie had not turned the ticket in yet so she entered it all off of my copy. i dont know what they looked up.

another thing that is funny is by law you have to have insurance.
when you go to get plates for your car, they dont ask you for proof. you just have to sign a paper saying you have it.

when i got pulled over he asked for my DL and proof of insurance...didnt ask for registration. i told him i didnt have proof and he said its fine. just show it when you go to court or when i waive it and pay the fine..

right on the ticket in big bold print is a thing about ohio insurance law and how you MUST show proof or your dl WILL be suspended...
i get to the window, proof in my wallet and she didnt ask for it...

pretty strange how it works

top topics

join