It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Executive Order + Darren Wilson Hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So I just sat down with a cold glass of vodka + OJ, turned on the old boobtube and flipped to CNN just as they were debating the ramifications of Obama's recent executive order anouncement regarding immigration laws, then immediately following that they discussed the Darren Wilson jury trial which could come to a consensus as early as friday...

Two of the most controversial race topics in recent history happening within one day of each other... not to mention the recent revelations of DHS vehicles near Ferguson by Mark Paffrath... Does anyone else find this is all conveniently unfolding at once?

Or maybe I should just stick to Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
not to get too weird but my coworker thinks the upcoming walking dead episode (corrupt cops that the main character Rick has to 'deal' with) was written to coincide with the Ferguson trial results. My opinion on these coincidences are nothing but confusion. I don't really know where I fall on these things. a reply to: Gh0stwalker

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Possible double-bubble for Ferguson.

No indictment of Wilson and less jobs.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

I haven't seen much past the second season, though I wouldn't be surprised. Hollywood seems to have a hollywood for post apocalypse these days... Then there's Interstellar, which has so many ominous undertones I couldn't tell if I was watching a movie or if Nolan was trying to send me a strong message...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

the fifth season of The Walking Dead scripts were written and the film in the can long before the trouble in ferguson even started. AMC and the producers of The Walking dead would not go back and rewrite scripts for a whole season just to highlight police corruption. remember that Beth got picked up/ kidnapped, when she got separated from Daryl when they running from the walkers at the funnel home at the end of season 4, that goes way back, before ferguson.

edit on 19-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm wondering if they are just trying to unload all their good news during this weather, I know I'm not going to be outside complaining about much

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Does anyone else find this is all conveniently unfolding at once?

I agree. I'm thinking Ferguson will be built up and the news will be 24/7 on it, so that Obama can do his 'rule by executive order' and pull off his illegal alien amnesty. All eyes on the looting and riots in Ferguson so people don't talk about the amnesty order.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: TacticalStats
not to get too weird but my coworker thinks the upcoming walking dead episode (corrupt cops that the main character Rick has to 'deal' with) was written to coincide with the Ferguson trial results

Not to get off track but I'll respond to this - the hospital that came up in the Slabtown episode was in the Walking Dead video game. The bad cops (like Dawn) were not in the game or the comics. However, everything was written way before Ferguson went down. So I doubt that it was made to coincide with what is going on out there in St. Louis. Info Here

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I know the story is set in the US, but isn't it a Canadian production?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Obama's recent executive order anouncement regarding immigration laws

Did he make an announcement that he would write an executive order?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No such thing as coincidence when it comes to politics.
This was designed to tick off people as much as possible.
Blacks getting mad over Ferguson and mostly Whites about amnesty.
The Divider in Chief strikes again.
If he does sign an amnesty EO I truly will be ticked off: we're talking 5 - 10 million illegals plus their relatives getting a free ride in to the US bringing the totals to anywhere from 15 - 35 million when all is said and done. These people will be immediately eligible for all benefits including social security and Medicaid. The cost will be staggering as we're talking Trillions of $.
Why do laws only apply to citizens while everyone else including the government does whatever they want?
The double standards could not be more glaringly obvious.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yes he did. going to be on TV tonight telling what he says he has the legal authority to do.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Immigration in one hand, the (lack of) indictment in the other.

The fire rises.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Even after the past two Presidents, the scenario playing out in the United States of America is woefully unthinkable.

The country where I grew up blissfully confident that my basic rights were set in stone; where gainful employment was implicitly guaranteed; where racism was relegated to backward imbeciles and unassailable octogenarians; where the hardworking immigrant was a national hero worthy of respect and undesiring of pity, that country truly has been transformed.

I often think the situation today is the result of primitive but powerful human tendencies -- greed, envy, lust for power, abuse of compassion -- which, by apathy and willful ignorance, voters have allowed to run amok.

If there is an organized attempt to stoke the flames of violence, the best thing any of us can do is resist that path to the end. No legislation, no executive order is truly permanent. The Founders built into the Constitution a recourse for unconstitional policies. Violent resistance is the last resort, and we still have other options. HINT: It starts with informed voting in local primaries.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yes he did. going to be on TV tonight telling what he says he has the legal authority to do.

Which, as my guess, will be next to nothing. Look at all the guns he executive ordered away at the beginning of 2013. Oh wait, he didn't.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is a trump ccard that will likely be played and increase the level to biblical purportions...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well I'll start by reiterating that I don't fully buy into this concept but I will say that your link doesn't really give much information. The walking dead began filming on May 5th, around the usual dates in the past. The Walking Dead Season 5: When Does Filming Start?

Now in this article the writers state that they know where the last episode of season 5 will end up but the route to it they aren't aware of as of pre-filming. Michael Brown was shot on August 9th. Another comment stated that this has been in the books for two seasons and yes Beth was captured last season by a car with a white cross on it but I will say this, the last season in no way corners a writer into dictating who took Beth. They could have made anyone drive a car with a white cross.

The first episode this season aired on October 12th 2014. Season 4 didn't finish filming until November 22, 2013

This means that from what I have found in my research does not rule out filming this crooked cop story into the narrative post Ferguson. Is it likely no, and I am merely playing devil's advocate here. It is a thought experiment as is this thread. Are they orchestrating this amnesty bill to slide by while a city goes into chaos? I don't know. Is someone using a show with millions of viewers to feed into our subconscious? I also do not know. a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So I just sat down with a cold glass of vodka + OJ, turned on the old boobtube...

Get drunk and watch alternate reality. It's like Thursday Night Football. Quit TV, that's what I'm thinking. Get your views from ATS. Continue into unreality...and, wha?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trumpet

So I just sat down with a cold glass of vodka + OJ, turned on the old boobtube...

Get drunk and watch alternate reality. It's like Thursday Night Football. Quit TV, that's what I'm thinking. Get your views from ATS. Continue into unreality...and, wha?

I concur!

new topics

top topics

join