It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Swaggart’s son: LGBT activists would behead Christians if they could

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A Pastor and Christian activists Donnie Swaggart said during a recent broadcast of the Houston, Texas talk show Frances and Friends that LGBT activists are like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in that they want to destroy Christianity and behead its practitioners.

Why the hyperbole from the likes of Pastor Swaggart? I personally have never heard one of my Gay friends even mention attacking Christianity much less cutting the heads off anyone.

According to Right Wing Watch, Swaggart — the son of disgraced 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart — made the statements in response to local efforts to enforce the city of Houston’s anti-discrimination ordinance.

“All of this is to shut the Bible up,” Swaggart said. “They want the Bible gone. And I’m going to make a statement: These people that are trying to do this in Houston, the only difference between them and ISIS, those thugs in Iraq, is those here cannot chop our heads off. That’s the only difference. The heart is the same. The heart is the same. If they could silence us that way to intimidate others, that’s exactly what they would do.”

I wonder how Pastor Swaggart can ignore the thousands of gay and lesbian Christians?
I just can't understand a theology of hate; exactly what Swaggart is accusing the Gay people of.

I think I understand the phrase "God please protect us from your followers" a bit better.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My best friend is a gay Christian. Swaggart has to realize there's hardline activists no matter what the issue is, and that most LGBT activists aren't extremists. He's getting equality and supremacy mixed up.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Depends what the meaning of 'behead' is, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

I didn't even know that Swaggert had a son who was going around claiming to be a preacher (the family business pays well, don't you know). Is he the one on the left or right in the above pic? Maybe he should have gone into rock and roll, like his grandcousin Jerry Lee.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've heard plenty of "christians" say that they want to "beat the crap" out of gays.

I guess it's not as fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So sayeth the religious extremist.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm PRETTY sure it is the other way around. If people like Swaggert were allowed to, I'm pretty sure THEY would be the ones beheading LGBT's. Wait, there is already precedent for that since it used to be a common occurrence in the South some 40 years ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Extremism affects all communities. This is one example

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is what close minded people do. They build up those they perceive as their enemy into monsters by projecting their own fears and faults. They invent all sorts of scenarios where their enemy would, without a doubt, take a certain action. This becomes truth to them and they can then justify all sorts of insane rhetoric and sometimes violent action because, in their mind, its justified.

I wish more people would take the time to step back and take a look at the world from an impartial perspective. When everyone can look at the world the way it is, instead of through their own filter, then we as humans can finally start making some forward progress.
edit on 11/18/2014 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Except that it's not the extremists in the bunch that I've heard that from.

My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Why the hyperbole from the likes of Pastor Swaggart?

Cause, Gay Folks would never use hyperbole...

Not a fan of the good Paster. Just think it's funny.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
This is what close minded people do. They build up those they perceive as their enemy into monsters by projecting their own fears and faults. They invent all sorts of scenarios where their enemy would, without a doubt, take a certain action. This because truth to them and they can then justify all sorts of insane rhetoric and sometimes violent action because, in their mind, its justified.

I wish more people would take the time to step back and take a look at the world from an impartial perspective. When everyone can look at the world the way it is, instead of through their own filter, then we as humans can finally start making some forward progress.

I am also seeing some political ideologies adopt the idea that their party is the one chosen by God to lord over masses!
Perhaps it's true that when a theological fascist goVT takes over, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross....as
H L Mencken said!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No,no they wouldn't,it's against their NATURE, can you imagine the MESS?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sounds to me like he's projecting what HE'D like to do...

LGBT activists ... want to destroy Christianity and behead its practitioners.

Wait... if we destroy Christianity, we wouldn't have to behead its practitioners. Am I right?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

If you mean "funny" that some two bit zealot is trying to get attention by a non issue. Then sure it's "funny". Personally I just find it sad that there are still people with their heads so far up their rears in this day and age

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

That and just what does one wear to a beheading?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's amazing how people are so effected by what they hear and see in the media that they say things that are so far beyond stupid....

Religious zealots talking about people they consider to be sexual deviates relative to a different flavor of religious zealot.

Did anybody slap this asshole for his stupidity yet?.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I hear there is a cue forming at his door, care to get inline with me?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is this Swaggart a no good crook like his daddy or just a nutjob?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When you have nothing of value to say you need to kick it up a notch to gain attention..kinda like Miley Cyrus twerking, look at me, look at me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join