It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh definitely, the game is pretty good. I would give it more then the scores some websites give it, its a 9.4 out of 10 so far in my book. The game is pretty expansive or at least much more so then the first game, it took me quite a bit of time to clear out all the missions in the first area the hinterlands, but I just got done with it today. And so far, and as far as i got into the game there are still 4 more locations and areas which are possibly bigger then the hinterlands.

My only gripes so far, is that its a bit more cumbersome to issues commands for the whole party with the ps4 controller then it would be with the mouse and keyboard as you cant just click and point. But also saying that its more of a laid back experience with a controller then sitting up front with the keyboard and mouse. So it all balances out.

The game definitely looks good, on the graphics department and locale department it shines. Even skykeep, the place is pretty big, more so then I thought it would be. And its way wicked cool how when you first get there its all just in ruins but each time you get back there from missions, its slowly builds up little by little and changing constantly, and you can even chose which decor you want in the whole thing.

So far I just got to level 13 and I am going to go back and fight my first dragons, the easiest ones I think as there both level 12 and 13 the one in the hinterlands the ferelden frostback and the northern hunter. I ran into them when I was level 5 and 8 and both wiped my whole party out quickly. But now I am geared up and leveled up and I am ready for a rematch.

Here's the northern hunter dragon in action, may be a bit spoilers, though this guy still didn't do the mission were it clears out the whole area of undead and the stormy weather. That's another thing about this game, you do some missions and the whole landscape changes and you also get access to different parts of areas, which is way cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Been playing all weekend and i have to say this game is a 10 out of 10! Even the filler quests hold my interest simply because im gaining XP points. Had about 5 hours sleep over the full weekend. Girlfriend and wanes are drawing me dirty looks and possibility thinking about packing their bags and going to the mother in laws, but i dont care im in the Dragon Age zone!
LoL

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Oh ya dude! The more I play the game the more I like it, and the higher i a score I would give it. It is definetley one of those few games which suprise you, I at first thought it would be alright but nothing special, and seing a lot of games reacentely kind of bombed its definetely a suprise that this game is this good.

One thing I will say, this is probably the only game in years were I dont skip the talking cut scenes or the conversations, in most game is just hit the skip button because its not really anywhere all that interesting, but in this game they probably must have had a bunch of writers for the dialog because it makes you actually want to listen to what the people around you are saying or up to.

Some of it is ridiculously hilarious, like that one part were your supposed to judge one of the Avar tribesmen for attacking you castle, with a goat. It even cut in to a scene were you see goats being thrown at the castle wall. This game has memorable charters which more then I can say for most of these type of games. So far my favorite characters to chat with are Sara though without the captions you cant really understand what she is saying, and the Iron bull, some of the things he says and does are freaking lolz a plenty and some are not PG rated but all are interesting in there own way.

Here found some of the scenes including the goat attack one, and the one were the Iron Bull shows you his team, may be a bit of a spoiler however, but not really I think it was pretty early in the game.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Yeah, the goat attack was a funny one!

I am really enjoying the 100+ hours I have sunk into the game so far.
My main character (I took a mage) looks like an old G I Joe doll and that was something that the game kind of reminds me of. The feel of the graphics, almost reminds me of being a kid and playing with the bigger G I Joe action figures. (with Kung fu grip)

That was another thing I noticed about the new generation game systems, the graphics are so much better. You don't notice to much at first, but with this game, when you rotate the camera around and a bush or leaf gets in the way,it looks like a leaf....little veins and all. Highly impressed with the detail.

Now if I could just find the rune master....

*twitch*

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I got man flu at the beginning of the week so I bought it to pass my time.....

OMG what a game!!!.
Gotta tip my hat to the writers because even the side quests have thought put in to them.

Just a great game....game of the year without doubt.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah I think this should be game of the year honestly. I had thought Far Cry 4 was graphically intense but Dragon Age takes it to another level.

My little complaint with the game is going to be someone else's complement. But I think there is just to much in the way of things to do there is just an overload of missions and side quest and this and that. I could easily see myself getting caught in a side quest and then saying what did I initially come to Redclife for?? That's probably a good thing for others.

But this is gotta game of the year.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yeah this game is also addicting to me in ways. a couple of days of ago I was playing it and I was supposed and forgot to shave before I had to leave the house. (I had to upgrade my archer) I haven't had a game do that to me since Dishonored.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
I actually beat the game yesterday. The ending is a bit lackluster, but ya there's going to be a sequel or at least a continuation of the storyline, it practically leaves it open at the end there, which is no suprise because the first game did the same. There are not many things I did not like about the game, my only gripes so far is that most of the quests you find are basically just "oh noz another dead guy who left a letter leading to some other point on the map" You know what I am talking about, its not bad, but its done to death in the game. Its like everybody carries a journal in that world and writes down every minor thing that comes into there head.

I pretty much finished a whole lot of the areas in the game, I did not do all the quests, or any of that but I cleared out some areas. And my second gripe, which was in the first dragon age as well, is that there is not that much variety on any of the gear you get, to much is just centered around finding the same Armour your wearing only with a little bit better stats and a different color showing that its higher grade but not much else. Its not bad, but by the end of the game they only basically have a few variations of different loot and gear you can get with just different stats.

The best thing you can get are the schematics and make your own gear using different materials. And even those are randomly dropped most times and most times its something you dont need. But in all I liked the crafting system in the game, and all the better gear and weapons that I had I made. Once you get a lot of dragon materials for crafting pretty much all that other stuff you find pales in comparison to the things you can craft.

Though the names are stupid when crafting, superior battlemaster Armour or superior ferelden greatsword or what not, or greater what not of whatever. They all have stupid names. Its a good thing you can change the names in the crafting. I myself made such things as awesome things as "Awesome Shield of Shielding" or "Greatsword of greater flatulation" I even crafted two daggers for my rouge one called "gloom" the other "doom" You know "gloom and doom" I was thinking of this site when I came up with those names. I even made a staff out of dragonbone called winkly winkletorn...I know, some awesome names there.

I have a few other gripes with the game, but there minor things, and besides the dragon age games have always been more about the story and character element then anything else. And in that it delivers so much so that I stopped trying to read every piece of lore I came across the game or I would have never beat it. I cant wait for the next installment of the series, I think there only going to go bigger and better from here.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I've also recently completed the game. I agree with the lack of armor variations, but I like that I can find the crafting materials and make what I want as far as stats go. Since I don't care about what items are called, I just leave it at the silly crafted names it gives.

I think my main complaint is that the exploration content exceeds the character and main story interaction. I love exploring, but I hit a point where I felt inclined to just finish the game and start a second playthrough. I love the amount of world lore you find though. I've always enjoyed the setting, and I'm glad they expand upon it even through books or landmarks.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soobaz
That's one thing I liked about the game, it really was not hard to gather materials for crafting. In fact at the latter stages of the game you practically have everything you need for crafting. Some games do that to death, it takes hours and hours of gathering things to no end, in this game and especially if you have some of the inquisition perks it seems you pick up all the herbs and materials you need at any given time just doing regular missions. I have played some rpgs were it was a grind and totally pointless to even bother with it because it took so much time.

In the end a lot of the stuff you find you eventually end up selling, and the few rare items you get, you generally use for a few levels before you find something better. But the best stuff was all the stuff I crafted from higher grade materials, so ya the crafting system was pretty dam useful as well as cool.

But I agree with you on the basic story quests, if you stick to those only you should be able to clear the game pretty fast. It would be hard to do though, most times I you keep running into all kinds of quests even while your on the main quest pathline, there literally over every hill in the game you run into a quest or the skulls shards you have to gather, or my favorite the astrarium puzzles, so far only the ones in the storm coast really miffed me, and I think it was only because I was up pretty late when I got to them and was falling asleep already.

Though I played on the hard mode whatever it was called. I tried playing on nightmare mode but that would take way to long, and if you put friendly fire on, then you practically have to go in and out of pause mode to constantly issues commands so that you dont end up killing yourself, with your own party members attacks.

In all its a good game, and I will likely replay it again, though not likely anytime soon. But next time around, I will probably create a dual wielding rogue. I created a two handed warrior, but I found myself playing the rouge or mage in my party more often then not and they do play differently. Maybe next time i will actually read up the lore you find more, in this playthrough I skipped most of it, mostly because it would take to long to read every little thing you come across. And if you look at your menu there is a whole lot of stuff, so much so that its practically a book there of just stories or background information on pretty much everything you come across in the game.

But so far I think its the best game which came out in the past half year it seems, a lot of them if not all were kind of disappointing, and the only other game I played more was the dark souls series, and even the new shooters like Advanced Warfare even that I stopped playing after a few days as it kind of pans out into the same old. When they make a new game into this Dragon Age series, definitely going to be checking it out.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I just hope when they make another Dragon Age, they don't do like they did with DA2,
after the first one, the 2nd was a let down.

I think I have about 300 hours into the game now,
and level 19.
I spend way to much time combing areas...lol

I don't think I have done much of the main quest, just exploring different lands and trying to get as much gold as I can for requisition points. That and I am an achievement whore....
*sip*
c(_)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I think Inquisition is their lesson from DA2. DA2 was rushed, they really weren't given a lot of time to work on it. I wouldn't call it a complete failure of a game. It's still solid in comparison to other games. It just doesn't meet the standards of DA:O. They were given additional time for Inquisition, and it shows.

Since it's not cross generation though, and because they probably won't have to make a new engine, they might be able to focus on even more exploration and story for the next installment.

I'm already in the middle of my second playthrough. I can't stop.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Nice.

I am going to go through a 2nd time myself once I finish it.
Going to try to mess it up the 2nd time around and see what happens...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
300 hours! Wow, I think I beat the game in a bit over 110 something hours, and I cleared out some areas as well, in fact in some parts I only had a few quests to do. Though I did not try to do everything, and definitely did not comb through things, especially all the literature you find in the game, if I did all that, YA I would still be playing that game now.

Maybe next play around, I mean I got lots of time on my hands now, more then I had in years. But its still a daunting task of putting that much time and effort into that trying to do everything, I do have a life you know, plus it would cut in into my grass watching time.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Oh the game is long for sure. Though I am pretty sure there going to do another game in this Dragon Age universe. But the thing is, most of these games were never direct sequels, from the first to the second game its set in the same universe but it may as well be completley different stories about diffeent things, with only a few charcters being thrown in from previous games.

They did the same thing here with morigan. In the first game she was practically one of the main charters, and in this game, well its more of a extended cameo and you cant even play as her. I espect they will do something of the same when they make the next dragon age game. Though given the ending, it pretty much set things up for a direct sequel to the storyline in the inquisition game. But who knows, maybe in the next game you will play out a different role and the inquisitor will be a cameo character in that game.

The game was way better then I expected. And what with a name like Dragon Age Inquisiton, when i heard that years ago before the game came out. The first thoughts that came to my head was the dam Spanish inquisition and all that motif, but it followed some of that, what with the whole mages and templars thing, but in a whole different way.

That and this vid and skit from the History of the World movie, was the second thing which came in mind way back then when I heard they were going to be calling this game Dragon Age "Inquisition"...I have to say, I am a bit disappointed they did not have any singing and dancing, and zero nuns jumping into swimming pools in this game... So disappointing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join