It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aljazzera.net versus Aljazeera.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok, this has come up before, which is the official organ of the Al-Jazeera television news network?

I did a whois on the .net address and got this admin contact

Al Seddiqi, Salah (BYLEJHSXOI)
Al Jazeera
P.O. Box 23123
Doha
QA
+974-4-890-803

for .com

AJ Publishing, IT Manager
Level 41, Emirates Towers,
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai, Dubai PO Box 31303
AE
(9714) 319 7575 Fax: (9714) 319 7573

[actually these are for the english.aljazeera.net and .coms, but i expect it'd be the same anyways)

Now, al-jazeera gets a lot of flack, becuase, basically, they are more baised than say Fox news, infact much more biased. Thats pretty well undeniable.

However, that don't just make up stories, like the roving iraqi resistance fighter sites that I was looking into a while ago that were collecting money on the internet and funneling it to the websites.

And, Al-jazeera is probably the only independant regional arabic televised news source. THis in itself is pretty incredible. Its based in Qatar, but the ruler of Qatar (who took over with the help of the country's 'parliament' when his more traditional father left on a trip years ago) is very moderate and progressive, and allows the network to operate independantly, without being just a mouthpeice for the state. So that in itself is a good thing, and if the network is biased, well, everyone knows that and can accept their stuff with a large serving of salt.

Anyway, it looks to me like these two sites are maintained in completely different countries, and .net is in qatar, while .com is in the United Arab Emirates. I suspect thenthat .net is official, and .com is not.

I am going to write them both and ask and will update here, unless anyone here knows more about this.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Al-Jazeera.net is the official news site (the one that gets all the Al-Qaeda videos)

Al-Jazeera.com seems to be a site similiar to ATS in that it has conspiracy theories and quotes news from various sources.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe that they are both run by the same group. The .com is just their American office that was created once they realized they had an audience in the United States that was interested. At least I think thats what I remembered reading but your research will certainly be interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oops I completely misspoke. I was thinking of the aljeezra.net English version that came out about the time the second gulf war started up. Ooops

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, not sure if this applies, or what your wanting to use them for, but as sources I have both of them bookmarked. Been tempted, but just can't bring myself to use them as a source for an ATSNN article. I wouldn't mind getting some staff input on this, actually.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd say if they were put in context as to the source it would be intersting. I'm sure it would bring tons of discussion and some truth would out, it just might take a while lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well, not sure if this applies, or what your wanting to use them for, but as sources I have both of them bookmarked. Been tempted, but just can't bring myself to use them as a source for an ATSNN article. I wouldn't mind getting some staff input on this, actually.

I have quoted Al-Jazeera.net (the official news site) before for ATSNN articles, but I am wary about Al-Jazeera.com, they don't seem to be a reliable news source.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
thanks WW. I am sitting here wondering if they are credible or not, and they're probably looking at Fox, cnn, msnbc, etc etc wondering the same exact thing. Alex got it right when he named his "infowars.com"

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
www.aljazeera.com is registered with a Dubai address, but they are part of AlJazeera publishing, a London based company.

When I noticed the existence of these 2 AlJazeeras and did a Whois search, the address was in London, not Dubai.

Al Jazeera Publishing
155 Regents Park Road
London, London NW1 8BB
UK

Before that, they appeared as "Island publishing", with the same address.

www.aljazeera.net is the web site for the AlJazeera TV network.

Edit:
I think that the above London address is just a "Virtual office" address, so many companies may have the same address.

[edit on 12/12/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
One of them is out of Dubai eh? Just an FYI Dubai has been in the international news before, there is an american hospital there where Bin Laden met with CIA agents two months before 9-11. Kind of funny that the arab's side of the story is being told from american strongholds over there, no?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
www.aljazeera.com is registered with a Dubai address, but they are part of AlJazeera publishing, a London based company.

When I noticed the existence of these 2 AlJazeeras and did a Whois search, the address was in London, not Dubai.

Al Jazeera Publishing
155 Regents Park Road
London, London NW1 8BB
UK

Which one are you searching to get that result. I searched under aljazeera.net and .com and am still getting the middle eastern address. Actually one has an address in the united states for one of its offices. The search was done on whois.sc

I sent an email to the contact addresses asking them what the dealy is yo.

Before that, they appeared as "Island publishing", with the same address.

www.aljazeera.net is the web site for the AlJazeera TV network.

Edit:
I think that the above London address is just a "Virtual office" address, so many companies may have the same address.

[edit on 12/12/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

i just discovered the aljazeera.com -- aljazeera.net problem the other night. the .com is based in Dubai, as you know -- and i emailed the editors of aljazeera.net about the other site. they replied that it wasn't one of theirs. i find it really disturbing, because i've also noticed that many other sites have linked aljazeera.com, most likely not knowing that it isn't the real aljazeera news source. when trying to look for more information about the .com, i stumbled upon this page. this kind of misleading information is bad news, and also the redefining of facts in subtle ways is worse than 1984. for instance, if you look at the site carefully, it both makes aljazeera seem like an ultra left-wing imbalanced news source --and the makers behind aljazeera.com are wheeling their own form of propaganda-- the site is calling media control a conspiracy theory, whereas that is exactly what is going on with aljazeera.com? it IS media control and also the long, long legacy of the Bush family is considered conspiracy as well? out of most nations on this planet, americans are the most ignorant of their history. [i am an american]

finding out information and facts is one of the most important things we can do to maintain dignity, but the internet is looking to become increasing unfriendly territory for factual information. at the end of the day, it is up the individual to question what we read on the 'net.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deborah

i just discovered the aljazeera.com -- aljazeera.net problem the other night. the .com is based in Dubai, as you know -- and i emailed the editors of aljazeera.net about the other site. they replied that it wasn't one of theirs.

Really? I received no response from any of them. What address did you use?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...
and then i clicked on 'your feedback' and then sent them an email form.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
racists radio stations ,newspapers,tvs and other media sources are capitalising on a blackman by racially abusing him.The ones in the front are galaxy radio and key 103 in manchester.[djs SALLY AND CHELA
SEA AND OTHERS].These first clas racists are insulting happy everyday and calling him an animal and are saying he belongs to the zoo.They insult him with his private parts and tell all white people to show him their private parts.This is against the law if it is done by a person of another race.The police have allowed them to do this because he is a black person.Under the english law incitement is a criminal case but these people are doing that and the police are not arresting them because they are white[white supremacy].Anybody who breaks the ;law and are of another race they get arrested but if you are white and working in British media you can do as you like with people from other races.Happy has six subjects and a degree but he is told that he has no education by the people above just because he is a black person.They follw him everyday and organise other whites to block his ways and insult him but no intervention by the police because he is black.They even call him gay yet he is not gay.The human rights organisation is not doing anything about this abuse of his human rights as he is told that human rights for blacks and people from other races is in hell.These white racists have even put cameras in his house and are selling the videos in USA telling everyone to see how they can deal with blacks.Yet it is rumoured that the other people who work in the media that is abusing him have no gce o level.Some spend most of their time with their cars parked around the area where he lives.They stop everyone telling them to abuse happy.Where the money comes from for them to do this no one knows its corruption the biggest ever in a first world.Who can stop them they are whites and he is black.They claim they got the right to abuse him from the police.The government is not racists and is offering hospitality to many from different nationalities ,but it is these racists who insult people from other races.They have vowed to insult anyone who is white for as long they have the backing of the police to do so
.tailor

top topics

join