It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed's Latest Anti-pot Ad Drawing Criticism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Think about it this way: the US spends millions of dollars annually waging a war against a plant. A plant that was here long before man came along with his misguided notions of theological grandeur and decided to put rules on every single little thing a man could do. A plant, that when one is completely honest with oneself, DOES have medicinal properties and is just generally an excellent work of mother nature. A plant that is demonized and ridiculed as a danger to mankind. Why? What are "they" so afraid of?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
As you have detailed here, quite well, I might add, all those systems are involved here. It is a major international issue that now involves military and every other agency in our government. So I wouldn't expect anything but anti whatever, while they are, in fact, actively pursuing on an international scale, the trade over borders of coc aine and heroin. It's really that simple. The guns for drugs thing is still very much alive and plays a part to be used as a wedge on international basis.

Thanks for your thread, btw.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Remind me sometime on how 'The Man' incarcerated the Urban male (read: black or 'other') for 25 years for coc aine base or "rock/crack" while the sub-Urban male (read: white and/or affluent) for coc aine Hydrochloride or 'powder'.. Was it because the Urban male made more $$$ at a game invented by 'The Man'?

This is a subtle and very good point that shows it's really all about money and has absolutely nothing to do with morals or even who you are. The white guy with the powder pays more taxes and supports the infrastructure of the government more, is all. And it's much easier for prosecutors to get convictions on black crack dealers because of what that dealing causes in the community's neighborhoods.

But that was always the intended affect, actually, as many of us well know.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My thanks to the Mods, btw, for assigning a little more latitude to discussion of this topic, and I would caution posters...myself included...to stay within the framework of the original post.
It's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out, eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
My thanks to the Mods, btw, for assigning a little more latitude to discussion of this topic, and I would caution posters...myself included...to stay within the framework of the original post.

I think the site owners finally realized we were all adult enough (for the most part) to have intelligent discussions about the war on drugs and other relating topics. I'm glad to though because it has always been an important topic to me BECAUSE there is such an obvious conspiracy to keep drugs illegal for no other reason than profit on the part of those with the power to get away with it in large scales.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
What special Candy Land do these jackasses live in where pot is 30X stronger than ever?

30x is a bit high
it's closer to 10x and don't forget that concentrates are very potent but the meds are getting better.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
First off to be propaganda they have to be telling lie. Everything the add said was 100% true.
Now saying that, weed isn't that bad for tku compared to many over the counter drugs on the market today. I've been taking adseral for 15 years and it can't be good for ya

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

30x is a bit high it's closer to 10x and don't forget that concentrates are very potent but the meds are getting better.

Hrmmm,

I'm not sure that T&C will accomodate a proper response from me regarding this, so I will merely thank you for your response and wish you a good evening.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I think the site owners finally realized we were all adult enough (for the most part) to have intelligent discussions about the war on drugs and other relating topics. I'm glad to though because it has always been an important topic to me BECAUSE there is such an obvious conspiracy to keep drugs illegal for no other reason than profit on the part of those with the power to get away with it in large scales.

You and me both. I've been itching to talk about this topic since I first signed up on the forums. That's why I've authored so many threads on this topic since it was allowed.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yup. Same here.

Which is why I think its funny when peoplae ask, "why are there so many pot threads?" Well... because we are fianlly allowed to talk about ti like grown-ups.
edit on Cpm7Friday1220143430Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:12:34 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The way I see it, the propaganda is so thick that the truth needs to be repeated constantly to get the message across. People still can't understand that not a SINGLE person has EVER died from smoking marijuana.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'll second that. Parents need to be better parents and actually talk to their kids about drugs in an honest, open and forthright manner; take some responsibility for your own brood and not put limits on everybody else's behavior. No one should have their liberties curtailed because parents are lazy and ideologically driven yet won't talk to their own effing kids about drugs and their effects.

Basically screw your kids if you are trying to curtail my liberties.
edit on 14-11-2014 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But yeah. People don't die from smoking marijuana, anyone that believes otherwise should research a little bit. You are far more likely to die just by driving to work in the morning.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
According to Ed Rosenthal. (A Guy who knows what he's talking about) the popular strains from the 1980's were averaging between 6 percent for schwag strains. Basic Skunks and and afghanis were between 8 to 15 percent THC or something along those lines. A good pure haze from back in the day or a northern lights #5 were probably around 15 -20 percent.

Now a days mid level stuff is about 14 to 17 percent thc and the stronger top shelf stuff hovers around the 18 to 25 percent. Although on a few occasions I've seen stuff as high as 32% in a strain called master destroyer. Schwag still 6 percent to maybe 8 percent.

SO the potency of cannabis has improved through breeding in certain ways. But not by 30X.

So in recap. Old school schwag. Superior in many ways due to the spectrum of various cannabinoids in comparison to modern equivalents of schwag or mid grade the modern stuff is 2.5 to 3 times stronger. The finest stuff nowadays in comparison to the average stuff back in the day 3 to 4 times stronger with exceptions to 5 times stronger. The finest stuff these days vs the finest stuff in yesteryear .25 to .50 times stronger. And I would say the finest stuff of yesteryear wasn't facing the flat across the board ho hum spectrum of cannabinoid compounds that modern stuff has due to limited genetics, over breeding and replicative failure or genetic drift from too much tinkering.

So 30x stronger is not only a lie but one you'd have to be more retarded than officer stedenko to believe.

Also the new stuff is technically more potent, but not necessarily more psychoactive. Adding a bunch of resin by crossing it with a strain that has copious amounts of it doesn't necessarily mean it's more potent. neither does the strength of the smell. NL#5 the real NL#5 which hasn't been seen in LA since the late 90's or very early 20's would take a dump on the "kushes" that are basically resinous, terpenoided out over breed for looks and odor BS strains.
edit on 15-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

So 30x stronger is not only a lie but one you'd have to be more retarded than officer stedenko to believe.

Damn stright!

Hey listen, you sound like a knowledgable young man, so you must know that in terms of potency that all of these multipliers and strains and even the intense breeding programs don't mean squat...

If the material is not cured properly!

Which none of it is.

Anywhere.

Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to re-learn 4500 years of human knowledge to get it right now that it has been virtually legalized (you know it's coming).

There's some "Re-Learnt Knowledge" that needs to be re-learnt, right?

edit on 15-11-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What a garbage ad.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Another clueless, vague add from those dear folks who think they know what's better for everyone else.

And it sorta backfires... most of the folks I know who... er... partake of the leaf, would hear "300% stronger" and start a quest to find it.

But on average, I'd contend that the more available quasi legal American weed that devoted growers have carefully cultivated IS in fact "stronger" than the average black market commercial stuff of yesteryear.

How that is "bad" is beyond me, though.

Plus, with those (quasi) legal MJ strains, people can choose the strength and tone of the effects... better than the dice roll of the black market. The difference in the effects of MJ from the alkaloid/THC balance is very... interesting.

ETA.. er what BASSPLYR said above ...more better den me.

edit on 11/15/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I`ve seen this ad before, it`s full of absolute BS propoganda.

Like when they say that marijuana is 400 times stronger than back in the day. Well, that`s a lie. All marijuana strains are not 400 times stronger, in fact there are new ones since back in the day. Not only that, but I am sure there are as many strains that are in fact weaker as there are stronger, but not 400 times stronger.

Memory Loss. Ok, based on what? From the research I've seen, it can prevent Alzheimer, which is extreme memory loss to the max.

Do they mention the fact that people with THC in their system recover from surgery better? Oops, I guess they forgot that one. They also seem to have forgotten that it may strengthen immune system as well.

The youth brains thing though, I can't argue that as it may be true.

I am just wondering where can I get that amazing pipe.
edit on 15-11-2014 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ryanss4725
First off to be propaganda they have to be telling lie. Everything the add said was 100% true.
Now saying that, weed isn't that bad for tku compared to many over the counter drugs on the market today. I've been taking adseral for 15 years and it can't be good for ya

see BASSPLYR's excellent postfor an informative look into exactly how this ad is indeed propaganda. They lied, or are just ignorant enough to make up their own facts. Either way, the ad is clearly a propaganda piece against marijuana.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Exactly!

I'm glad to see that people are starting to wake up to the blatant slander directed toward nothing more than a plant and an individuals decision to use that plant in any way that individual desires. In a rational and free society we should be allowed to choose for ourselves. It's as plain as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join